No monthly income method in 2020

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
19 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Can you please confirm what it was that the IO was "giving you a break for this year".   You had the +B65k transferred from outside Thailand to your Thai bank, yes?

He confirmed he had 12 transfers on page 2.

He did not say they were all above 65k baht but his application would not of been accepted if he did not have them

So, in the absence of a response from the OP, you're guessing that he "got a break" because he didn't meet the required levels of income, is that correct?  I just wonder why he hasn't said that.

Edited by Just Weird

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So, in the absence of a response from the OP, you're guessing that he "got a break" because he didn't meet the required levels of income, is that correct?  I just wonder why he hasn't said that.

I deposited roughly around 100 thousand baht a month.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Every 90 day report prior to doing this last visa extension we asked about what the requirements were and they said we needed the bank letters and some sort of written evidence of where the pension was coming from. 

My Thai wife told the big immigration boss that we were told the above information several times. That is the probable reason he gave me a break this year.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

When you say "deposited" do you mean you transferred (or arranged automatic transfer and credit) more than 65,000 THB each and every month for the twelve months: Jan 2019 - Dec 2019?

How do those credits show in your passbook? Is it coded FTT (in the third column from the left) for each credit?

Assuming you had twelve (12) Qualifying Foreign Transfers (QFT), then a summary QFT letter from BBL would suffice, allong with...

all twelve Credit Advice/Receipts (CAR)

same day passbook B/F

one day BBL account ownership letter

copies of passbook(s) showing the twelve QFTs

original passbook(s)

would be sufficient.

documentation from the VA, 1099s, etc. could be used for back-up - I wasn't asked for these during my ext stay/ret-inc at CW.

I would review the police orders/updates and then seek some sort of resolution with your local Immigration officials regarding your next extension in Dec. 2020. Obviously if you have to switch to the MiB method then you'll need to sort that out by mid-Sep.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:
48 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So what was "the break" that he gave you this year? That's what I don't understand.

You used the monthly transfers in to your Thai bank that significantly exceeded the required amount, the bank confirmed the transfers and you supplied confirmation of the source (something that is not required).   It seems that you met all the official requirements without "getting a break".  What is it that I'm not understanding?

It seems some members don't understand my question, either, all I'm doing is asking a simple question.

Edited by Just Weird

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

It seems that you met all the official requirements without "getting a break".  What is it that I'm not understanding?

It appears in my reading that the immigration officer may believe he is allowed to provide a break this year by accepting the proof of financial transfers rather than the normal embassy letter but that he will not be able to do this next year so if no embassy letter he would have to use the 800k method.  This is not how others read the rules but seems it may be the case for this office/officer.

He seems to be saying the IO did not want to allow income method for those lacking embassy letters, but let it through this time with a warning that he won't next time.

In doing so the IO is not following the Police Order but it is not unheard of for some IOs to act this way.

36 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

When you say "deposited" do you mean you transferred (or arranged automatic transfer and credit) more than 65,000 THB each and every month for the twelve months: Jan 2019 - Dec 2019?

How do those credits show in your passbook? Is it coded FTT (in the third column from the left) for each credit?

Assuming you had twelve (12) Qualifying Foreign Transfers (QFT), then a summary QFT letter from BBL would suffice, allong with...

all twelve Credit Advice/Receipts (CAR)

same day passbook B/F

one day BBL account ownership letter

copies of passbook(s) showing the twelve QFTs

original passbook(s)

would be sufficient.

documentation from the VA, 1099s, etc. could be used for back-up - I wasn't asked for these during my ext stay/ret-inc at CW.

I would review the police orders/updates and then seek some sort of resolution with your local Immigration officials regarding your next extension in Dec. 2020. Obviously if you have to switch to the MiB method then you'll need to sort that out by mid-Sep.

Sorry I meant transfers that were routed through the Bangkok Bank New York branch to my Nakhon Phanom branch. I gave the Ebenefits Veterans affairs web site the routing number in December 2018 and have been getting the money into my account since then. It is recorded in my bank book as a International transfer.

5 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

Sorry I meant transfers that were routed through the Bangkok Bank New York branch to my Nakhon Phanom branch. I gave the Ebenefits Veterans affairs web site the routing number in December 2018 and have been getting the money into my account since then. It is recorded in my bank book as a International transfer.

As any domestic transfer could be sent until recently - it is just a domestic deposit to a bank in New York.  That New York bank is the party that sends it onward to Thailand.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

As any domestic transfer could be sent until recently - it is just a domestic deposit to a bank in New York.  That New York bank is the party that sends it onward to Thailand.

Payment Information 
For Compensation & Pension and Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits

For Compensation & payments: Update your account information here.

Payment Information
Benefit Payment Method Financial Institution Account Type Routing Number Account Number Effective Date
Compensation & Pension Direct Deposit BANGKOK BANK PUBLIC CO., LTD. Savings xxxxx8691 xxxxxxxxxxxxx3622 04/01/2019
Post-9/11 GI Bill

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

image.png.d5924ead60a073de1fd10d1f38d63716.png

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

In doing so the IO is not following the Police Order but it is not unheard of for some IOs to act this way.

I seem to recall a few IOs were making this statement initially when the Embassy letters were withdrawn. Fortunately many caught on to the correct interpretation of the Police Order. Not all apparently.

I used  direct deposit on my VA compensation for a short time only . Normally payments are made on the 1st of the month unless it is on a weekend or holiday,  so what happen was sometimes two deposits in one month and no deposit the next month.   Lucky I didn't change  my SS and Army retirement and kept them going to my US bank; I have since change my VA back to my US Bank. I now just do a monthly Wire transfer each month from my US bank. Don't need to make it any more complicated for Immigration.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:58 AM, lopburi3 said:

Retirement extension of stay requires not less than 65,000 baht transfer into Thai account each month for previous 12 consecutive months.

Phitsanulok will accept 12 x Bht 50k plus Bht 200k in the bank = total 800k.