Myanmar ED visa

Does anyone here have experience with Myanmar ED visa?

I'm planning to get one for autumn next year either in Berlin (I'm German citizen and will spend the summer 2020 in Germany) or Bangkok (do they offer ED visas to people who are not Thai or Thailand residents)?

Follow-up question would be reasonably priced accommodation for 3 months. AFAIK, foreigners cannot rent rooms in Myanmar, only stay in hotels.

Recommendation for language school in Yangon (I'm planning to study Burmese language)?

Background: I have been to Myanmar 5 times for one week visa run from/to Thailand, and I like it there, but there is no longtime tourist visa for Myanmar, as there is for Thailand. But now that staying in Thailand on TV for long time is getting difficult, I have to go elsewhere and Myanmar is on top of the list (after having been to all countries of SEAsia except Philippines and Brunei, and been to Hong Kong and Taiwan as well).

I'm planning to get one for autumn next year either in Berlin (I'm German citizen and will spend the summer 2020 in Germany) or Bangkok (do they offer ED visas to people who are not Thai or Thailand residents)?

I'm afraid Thais don't need a visa to study in Thailand. 

Archived