Shipping motorbike via post office question

Jonathan99

I want to ship my small scooter (115cc) from chiang mai to Koh phangan via post, I understand that you must show your green book in the post office. I do have my green book but I never changed

the name of the previous  owner to my name, is that going to be a problem or the name on the green book doesn't matter? 

Also I never paid tax on it since buying it in 2016, is that going to be an issue ?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Jonathan99 said:

I want to ship my small scooter (115cc) from chiang mai to Koh phangan via post, I understand that you must show your green book in the post office. I do have my green book but I never changed

the name of the previous  owner to my name, is that going to be a problem or the name on the green book doesn't matter? 

Also I never paid tax on it since buying it in 2016, is that going to be an issue ?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if it's an issue for the post office

but if your scooter is registered in Chiang mai under the

name of the previous owner, you are going to be pretty busy

to register it in the Koh Phangan area.

You need to have a form signed by the previous owner for that change.

Plus you don't have paid any tax since 3 years, so you don't have any insurance also.

Honestly if the scooter have a low value, try to sale it a little price where you are now

(If you can have a buyer since you have no any legal rights on the scooter) and buy a new

one in Samui, or do your homeworks now and register the scooter in your name in Chiang Mai

and pay the taxes, then you can do the transfer, but at the end it should be not cheap with the transport

Archived