All provinces ordered to monitor air pollution

rooster59

3 hours ago, garyk said:

I bet the air pollution alone accounts for more deaths and health issues in Thailand than accidents and car fatalities. It is a serious health hazard.

https://blog.lumahealth.com/air-pollution-levels-bangkok-thailand

This article says close to 60 thousand deaths a year due to poor air quality in Thailand so yes more than twice the number of road accident deaths.

monitoring is an extremely important step!!!!!  great!!!

When driving, I advice others to monitor their surroundings.  

I saw a massive fire the other day and I monitored the fire and took pictures as part of my monitoring.  

Once your eyes are open and functioning, we can continue to step 2.....usually done by the age of 3, but in this case.......

It doesn't take much, just take a look around, 360 degrees of burning horizons, sugar cane fields and more.
Everyone knows fire is one of the major producers of 2.5 particles.
There are laws in Thailand that forbid what is happening at the moment on a large scale, but nobody does anything against it.
Shoot your hectoliters of water in the hope that they will serve, most of these particles are now in the lungs of the people who unfortunately do not care too.

14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Spraying water !

I'm in total disbelief and at a loss for words for such stupidity as I have seen with my own eyes during the last year and a half living here. A great number of Thai people think, feel and agree the same way as me. So I only have one question... WHY???

Keep in mind many Thai's today are convinced the visible pollution in the air is just some pretty mist. Seriously, you will hear them say "oh look at the fog today". Monitoring in every province is a very good step. It will raise awareness of how bad the problem is throughout the entire nation and the people will learn what it means to their health. Awareness is the first step of solving any problem. The key is the monitoring needs to be freely accessible to the people and not internal to the government. This may be a difficulty as there will be a lot of red faces of the do nothings.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:00 AM, unamazedloso said:

i monitor daily as do a lot of people nowadays as its cheap and easy to get a pm2.5 meter. Currently 122 here in kanchanaburi. No words can express the lack of action by government with this issue. It really makes no sense at all and its almost like they welcome the pollution because it continues to get worse and the action taken is zero. Ibe done more than my local government. I have gone out with tractor and water tanks and put the fires out myself every year for the last 3years here and only because its getting worse. My kids are coughing, forced to sleep with masks on, cant even open a dam wi dow during the day. Its a human rights abuse. Im a farmer and i dont burn and no ody needs to. Ignorant farmers that are actually depleting nutrients from the soil over time. Idiots!!

It's just another day in Paradise. ????

1 hour ago, canopy said:

Keep in mind many Thai's today are convinced the visible pollution in the air is just some pretty mist. Seriously, you will hear them say "oh look at the fog today". Monitoring in every province is a very good step. It will raise awareness of how bad the problem is throughout the entire nation and the people will learn what it means to their health. Awareness is the first step of solving any problem. The key is the monitoring needs to be freely accessible to the people and not internal to the government. This may be a difficulty as there will be a lot of red faces of the do nothings.

I was shocked and depressed to encounter this a few days ago. A few Thai people were talking with pride about the beautiful 'fog' in Bangkok on the horizon that looked just like San Francisco or London. Monitoring is certainly useless. Action is needed. Less construction, lower emission vehicles, less burning in fields and factories. Will it happen? Maybe not in my lifetime but hopefully some progress is made.

I'm really rethinking my long term plans here. This will never get fixed. You can bet the people that run this country all have second passports, wealth outside the country. Second homes. Thailand will just become the factory for continued income generation for elite with no intention of living here. Businesses, property held tightly by families in perpetuity. South Dakota trusts.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:00 AM, unamazedloso said:

i monitor daily as do a lot of people nowadays as its cheap and easy to get a pm2.5 meter. Currently 122 here in kanchanaburi. No words can express the lack of action by government with this issue. It really makes no sense at all and its almost like they welcome the pollution because it continues to get worse and the action taken is zero. Ibe done more than my local government. I have gone out with tractor and water tanks and put the fires out myself every year for the last 3years here and only because its getting worse. My kids are coughing, forced to sleep with masks on, cant even open a dam wi dow during the day. Its a human rights abuse. Im a farmer and i dont burn and no ody needs to. Ignorant farmers that are actually depleting nutrients from the soil over time. Idiots!!

Can you tell me where you can buy a pm 2.5 meter and how much? can you buy this meter anywhere in kanchanaburi? 

Monitor air pollution...well tomorrow is clearly all monitors off????

The government's tax cut yielded record sales of cars in 2012-13. The program received a lot of criticism, but now the authorities will try again. Both the automotive industry and the tax authorities want increased car sales.
On December 16, the plans for tax relief for car buyers will be discussed in a meeting between the Excise Department and the automotive industry.

There's something about the use of the word 'ordered' in the context of Prayuth which reveals more, I suspect, about him than the authors intended. That's not to say it's wrong of course and many here will conclude that their opinion of him was correct.

Revealing though... out of the mouths of babes...

47 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

It's my first winter in the North and couldn't figure out why my eyes and throat hurt so bad today. Thought I had a cold. 

Nope. Just the air. Eesh

It's already bothering you? Wait until February and March. That's when you'll feel it the worst. 

After living in several countries around Thailand. The best thing i ever did for my health was to leave. I am amazed at the people that want to make Thailand their home?

On December 14, 2019 at 1:17 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Most likely, but still unavoidable if you live here, wearing a mask and using air purifiers makes little difference, much like most major cities.  At least it's not Beijing or Delhi.

Then why live there and subject your child to this??????????????????

On 12/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, Number 6 said:

I'm really rethinking my long term plans here. This will never get fixed. You can bet the people that run this country all have second passports, wealth outside the country. Second homes. Thailand will just become the factory for continued income generation for elite with no intention of living here. Businesses, property held tightly by families in perpetuity. South Dakota trusts.

I think you're right - it won't ever get fixed.

Even after Mr P goes (and I understand he's been moving money out of TL already), there's the near-legendary Thai incompetence to cope with. The chickens from decades of 'keep 'em poor, keep 'em stupid so they'll stay cheap' are starting to come home to roost. Had to happen one day.

Thailand is only good at riding the waves. If the waves are good, the rides are good, if not then times are hard and it's always someone else's fault. The only variable in this gloomy story is how long Prayuth will be able to fool the people for. Sooner or later thay'll wake up surely - though they never did wake up from the whole CIA-created wet-dream.

On 12/13/2019 at 7:00 PM, unamazedloso said:

This outfit here in the US (and I'm sure there are others) makes DIY electronic devices, and this one seems just the thing to put around LOS.  https://learn.adafruit.com/remote-iot-environmental-sensor

Archived