PM Prayut inspects Bang Yai – Kanchanaburi Intercity Motorway project

rooster59

PM Prayut inspects Bang Yai – Kanchanaburi Intercity Motorway project

Praphorn Praphornkul

be9950a126148f5448e6d8242536db2f_small.jpg

NAKHON PATHOM(NNT) - Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has followed up on the progress of the Bang Yai – Kanchanaburi Intercity Motorway construction project and handed compensation for land expropriation to those affected by the project.

The Prime Minister, together with the Deputy Prime Minister and Pubilc Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul; the Transport Minister, Saksayam Chidchob and the Deputy Minister of Transport, Songsak Thongsri, visited Phrong Maduea subdistrict in Nakhon Pathom province to inspect the progress of the 96-kilometer Bang Yai – Kanchanaburi Intercity Motorway project. The motorway is to facilitate logistics and land transport between Greater Bangkok and the western provinces of Thailand. The project is aimed at strengthening the domestic economy and improving people’s quality of life.

On this occasion, the Prime Minister handed land expropriation compensation, of 99.91 million baht in total, to 10 individuals affected by the Bang Yai – Kanchanaburi Intercity Motorway construction project. The Department of Highways is expected to pay all required compensation by the end of this month.

The Prime Minister said the payment of land expropriation compensation must be done quickly so that construction is on schedule. This will benefit the local people and the funds will be distributed in a fair manner. The intercity motorway is intended to ease traffic congestion, as the number of cars in the country has continually increased. The government is to consider appropriate toll fees to help people with different income levels.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-12-14

10 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

On this occasion, the Prime Minister handed land expropriation compensation, of 99.91 million baht in total,

Then to demonstrate what a devine good guy he is, he turned water into wine!

be9950a126148f5448e6d8242536db2f_small.jpg.3e67415f482b7cdf36a521a8d403721a.jpg

I’m sure that the powers that be didn’t take the PM all the way along the road to inspect it. If they did, it would explain the grin on his face.

This road is going nowhere because of the apparent total lack of planning!

For the past 4 years or so my wife and I travel along the 3004 from Salaya to Wat Lam Phya floating market most Saturdays to do some shopping and must pass the construction site.  Every time we pass the site, we always chuckle and there is a big smile on our faces.

They started this project way back in 2012.  You would think that they (DLT) would have purchased the land before starting work, and then constructed the road as one continuous project.  OK, I know that’s western logic.

Just take a look at the Google map below.  I have highlighted in yellow stretches that have been completed so far.  These sections are fully tarmacked but not joined up so unless you have a 4x4 with good off-road capabilities you’re going nowhere.

Map01.jpg.19e460e5e19153abb4f9e9c02b4d8fb9.jpg

Better still is where I have placed the yellow arrow on the above map.  Approximately 2 years ago they started constructing a flyover that will cross the 3004.  They’ve completed half of it and stopped just short of where it should cross the 3004 – see close up Google map below.

Map.jpg.5da53b681635f7cf2ae89e5fdbaa723c.jpg

Just one very minor problem.  On the opposite side of the 3004 there is a large factory, and it’s been there (according to the Google map since at least 2012). 

Factory.jpg.6ffbc52edcbfe19fb58c0b4e93d9c956.jpg

I suspect that the factory owner is holding the DLT to a hefty ransom.

Archived