Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Rahibew said:

This is what happens when Thai immigration runs off all the tourist and makes passports and visas so hard to get in this country and so confusing the people just say to hell with it will go somewhere else I think it’s about time Thailand straighten his act up or it’s not going to have any tourism next year and that’s the simple fact of it they can talk and tell you which the assets that but I am a Gratian is rude to tourist they think it’s a privilege to be here it’s not we come here because we like the country if they don’t want our money will take our money  elsewhere it’s a simple as that so I would suggest the visa shops get their act together and quit making it so complicated and confusing to come back and forth to Thailand to stay five or six months 

Got my retirement visa extension (65k baht monthly) at Jomtien yesterday. Not difficult at all. In and out in 30 minutes. Didn't have to pay £52 to the British Embassy either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's some time ago that I was in Pattaya. But when I look at Bangkok's nightlife everything is getting a lot more expensive.

There was a time when I just ordered drink after drink for myself, maybe friends, and one or two pretty girls. But over the years the prices increased dramatically. So now maybe I drink a little slower and does she really need a 2nd drink 10 minutes later?

After two or three it adds up to real money.

I know one reason is that the rents are a lot higher than they used to be and many girls have discovered that they can get more - if they just decide to work together and not against each other.

The cheap times are over and I would be surprised if this would get any better.

Last time I had a beer in Soi 4, maybe 4? years ago I think it was 140 baht ( small bottle of H ). Can't remember Pattaya price as it was further back than 4 years.

2 minutes ago, shackleton said:

What's going on here I was always was under the impression 

that the majority of tourists single guys mainly who came to Pattaya  ( The Sin City )

came for Sex and get drunk in the many  bars

Was   I wrong 

You're going back to the days of the Bullion Bar I guess !!!!!

Said it before and will say it again.  Supply and demand will dictate how many bars and night clubs Pattaya will need as it moves forward.  A changing tourist demographic bodes for fewer of both.  That doesn't mean Pattaya is dead.   Pattaya is far from dead--large numbers of tourists have shifted to north Pattaya--which has been totally transformed in the past few years and is still changing.  The upper 3rd Road area before the North Pattaya Road intersection is also transforming--new condo developments, restaurants, and entertainment.   Lots of Chinese tourists are being entertained at several large, new venues off Naklua Road and other areas.

TVers can scoff all they want but Pattaya IS attracting more families--we are inundated with them in Wong Amat.  Jomtien is still growing rapidly and now is getting a hospital.  Pattaya is expanding and the tourists are spread out in more areas and being fed and entertained in more areas..   

32 minutes ago, Rahibew said:

This is what happens when Thai immigration runs off all the tourist and makes passports and visas so hard to get in this country and so confusing the people just say to hell with it will go somewhere else I think it’s about time Thailand straighten his act up or it’s not going to have any tourism next year and that’s the simple fact of it they can talk and tell you which the assets that but I am a Gratian is rude to tourist they think it’s a privilege to be here it’s not we come here because we like the country if they don’t want our money will take our money  elsewhere it’s a simple as that so I would suggest the visa shops get their act together and quit making it so complicated and confusing to come back and forth to Thailand to stay five or six months 

lets be clear they WILL have tourism and plenty of it but the plan is to kill off the sex tourism and its working

family friendly pattaya is no joke to this government, its what they want

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Haha 2

Biggest Hotel company in the world? Booking.com

Biggest Advertising company? Google

Biggest taxi company? Grab

And none of them own hotels, magazines or taxis.

The biggest "pimp' will (if its not already) be places like AdultFriendFinder or ThaiFriendly...or some other leftfield venture if it doesn't get closed (BackPage or Craigslist).

Going to bars looking for quality whores is old school and limited to Crusties and 2-week millionaires that lack game in their home country.

Adapt or die.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

The mathematical formula is quite simple. The number of paying Farang customers wishing to come here to spend money on the nightlife scene will be inversely proportional to the number of Indian groups roaming the streets looking for prey. I already know of condo pools where Farangs no longer use their swimming pool due to "Asians" washing their underwear in said pools with a bar of soap, I guess a cleaner substitute for the Ganges. And it,s going to get worse ????

I have seen them in hotel pools in their underwear despite signs saying 500 baht fines for doing this and not enforced by the hotels that look the other way having been told by angry customers . Also ogling single European ladies who were sunbathing and taking pictures of them . One such lady asked if she could sit with me as she was frightened of them .  I now avoid budget hotels in popular resorts , could say a lot more but not want to digress .

• Like 2

Never been. How much is a large bottle, say Leo, in a walking street bar?

Some bars in Chiang Mai have the audacity to charge 150 baht! 

They jack prices when customer numbers are down. Gun, meet foot.

They're probably obvious to the state of the baht. 

14 minutes ago, banagan said:

Never been. How much is a large bottle, say Leo, in a walking street bar?

Some bars in Chiang Mai have the audacity to charge 150 baht! 

They jack prices when customer numbers are down. Gun, meet foot.

They're probably obvious to the state of the baht. 

A large Leo on Soi Buakhao is 70 baht, most bars sell only small beers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Hardly surprising in a city renowned for its 'family values', clean beaches, cultural 'object d'arts' and international sporting events.

On behalf of residents of Pattaya, TVF members should all pitch in to help @NCC1701A move to Pattaya and rescue the working girls...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

(er...sorry)

you beat me to it. it was going to say "Here I come to save the day!"

• Haha 1

got a working girl. (friend) (true) just got back from 7 months in Malaysia, worked in a *massage parlour* (NO SEX) know what i mean, charged 500 baht a throw , (lol) made a fortune, she only back to visit friends, said Pattaya has been dead for a long time. she did say that if police find condoms in the parlour . you go to jail.

• Like 1