Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

rooster59

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Their obsession with trying to turn a dump with a stinking beach and poisonous sea into the Riviera of SEA has resulted in no rich tourists and not enough mongers.

I think the authorities just wanted more money by trying to cater for every market. 

Being a dump with a stinking beach attracts only low end tourists, and now they are starting to see just how low end they are. 

I think Pattaya is lacking mongers for different reasons, such as the strong baht, but are still we catered for here, despite huge numbers of Chinese, Indian and Russian tourists coming here. 

They will soon realize backpackers spend more money than this current tourist demographic.  ????

• Like 1

Just now, freethinker said:

Thailand used to have a perfect offering. Affordable and safe tropical paradise with a slice of naughty nightlife and welcoming locals. Thailand really was a fantastic place to visit. They practically had the market cornered on the affordable paradise front. How did they <deleted> that up? 

I blame Starbucks ????

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, SteveK said:

So what is Thailand really offering right now? Grief at the airport? Filthy, garbage-strewn beaches? Overweight bar girls? Salty, greasy fried foods? All at prices higher than at home? Well blow me down with a feather if people want to go somewhere else!

Never had "grief" at an airport in Thailand.

Pattaya beach has been widened and is very clean (can't say the same about the water)

I don't do plumpers. Plenty of slim ones to choose from.

Thai food doesn't have to be salty , greasy or fried. Wide range of Thai dishes outside these parameters.

A pad thai in the UK would probably cost you 10 times the Thai price.

Trying to justify the mistake you made relocating to Vietnam?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

I've been out two nights running in Pattaya. There were plenty of punters in the places I went to.

The first night (Saturday) was to the Made In Thailand complex and it was heaving. Then the Bamboo near Walking St and there was hardly a seat to be had. Then to the Billabong in LKM and that was packed as were a couple of GGBs I also visited.

The second night (Sunday) last night I visited a few GGBs in LKM they were much busier than they have been recently. Crystals was absolutely jam packed. I could not get a seat in Scooters and the Billabong was rammed as usual.

It looked like High Season along with the two week wonders have arrived.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SteveK said:

So what is Thailand really offering right now? Grief at the airport? Filthy, garbage-strewn beaches? Overweight bar girls?

had a very friendly "big size" gal jump on my lap at a bar and in addition to actual pain on impact it impeded my breathing. having had severe asthma during childhood this event invoked memories of fear of dying.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Never had "grief" at an airport in Thailand.

Pattaya beach has been widened and is very clean (can't say the same about the water)

I don't do plumpers. Plenty of slim ones to choose from.

Thai food doesn't have to be salty , greasy or fried. Wide range of Thai dishes outside these parameters.

A pad thai in the UK would probably cost you 10 times the Thai price.

Trying to justify the mistake you made relocating to Vietnam?

1-2 hour wait at airport, in and out

slim ones that cost more than in the west

<deleted>ty dirty beaches

<deleted>ty greasy food, 

thai food is cheaper n Canada when comparing portions , and do t even talk about Thai food quality

the beach is widened, but can't go in the water? Now that's a real intelligent thing to say now dannyboy isn't it?

how can u justify living in pattaya? Hookers?

still wearing the n-95 mask???

enjoy your paradise,????????????????????

Edited by Ron jeremy
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Leaver said:

I think the authorities just wanted more money by trying to cater for every market. 

Being a dump with a stinking beach attracts only low end tourists, and now they are starting to see just how low end they are. 

I think Pattaya is lacking mongers for different reasons, such as the strong baht, but are still we catered for here, despite huge numbers of Chinese, Indian and Russian tourists coming here. 

They will soon realize backpackers spend more money than this current tourist demographic.  ????

Bagpackers have never really regarded Pattaya as a destination given most of them appear to have a western female as part of a couple. Happily the reputation has kept most of them away.

The benefit of Pattaya was that it was a low end destination, which left the rest of LOS for more average tourists. Same as Had Rin soaks up most of the undesirable youth tourists leaving most other beaches happily free of their <deleted> music choices.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I've been out two nights running in Pattaya. There were plenty of punters in the places I went to.

The first night (Saturday) was to the Made In Thailand complex and it was heaving. Then the Bamboo near Walking St and there was hardly a seat to be had. Then to the Billabong in LKM and that was packed as were a couple of GGBs I also visited.

The second night (Sunday) last night I visited a few GGBs in LKM they were much busier than they have been recently. Crystals was absolutely jam packed. I could not get a seat in Scooters and the Billabong was rammed as usual.

It looked like High Season along with the two week wonders have arrived.

Takes more than just high season to enable Pattaya to survive. 

16 hours ago, SteveK said:

Surely rich tourists go to places like Monaco, Antigua or Dubai? Why would any super rich traveler slum it in Thailand? It makes no sense, Thailand was doing a roaring trade attracting the budget end of the market, now they don't want these people then who is going to go there?

Vietnam now caters better to the budget and backpacker market and word seems to be out on that. Travellers with a bit more to spend will want somewhere cleaner with better customer service. Seems like the Thai authorities haven't really considered the consequences of their actions. Thailand is now too expensive for the backpackers, gap year students and budget travellers, but far too third-worldy, dirty, and incompetent for people with real money. They've carved a special niche for themselves - where they have no target customers. Even the hardcore of sex-pats have realised that prettier, slimmer and nicer girls can be found in neighbouring countries for a fraction of the cost. 

So what is Thailand really offering right now? Grief at the airport? Filthy, garbage-strewn beaches? Overweight bar girls? Salty, greasy fried foods? All at prices higher than at home? Well blow me down with a feather if people want to go somewhere else!

Have you been to Dubai?  Gawd, it is almost as boring and sleepy as Vietnam.   ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Get a grip man. I don't have a single tattoo.

As for learning the language, what makes you think we want to talk about food all day, or understand Thai soaps?

What makes you think the post was directed at yourself regarding your tattoos or lack of them and I apologise as I seem to have I hit a raw nerve with the other comments.

Neither was it suggested that anybody learn Thai let alone enough to be able to follow Thailand's answers to Coronation Street or Eastenders.

It was simply a comment about the decline in the popularity of Pattaya's bars.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

That makes no sense. Thailand caters to every budget 

Agree.  I think a lot of the whining is from the lowest budget tourists that are now priced out of LOS, and are pissing and moaning to save face prior to their exit. 

• Sad 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:21 PM, paulikens said:

same old story now coming every year and its nonsense,yes its not as busy as it use to be but trying get a hotel there and you'll find it hard to do cuz everywhere is full,and you wont get a hotel for love nor money over the xmas and new year week.

Even many of the once very popular hotels are far from fully booked. Some of the discounts are unbeatable and prices mostly much lower than prior years. Some very good deals for Xmas week. Check other search engines and even more vacancies appear. Don't fall for the "last room" bs. Merry Christmas. MS>

https://www.agoda.com/pages/agoda/default/DestinationSearchResult.aspx?city=8584&site_id=1826369&tag=40be5cad-ca23-aa46-8284-356e6010687f&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuefvBRDXARIsAFEOQ9E6pdwsGgJaFvwR_ifrNj4tV-HhYUvzLK3kyHxvwIVwpMjlFMtC7SoaAgJPEALw_wcB&checkIn=2019-12-22&checkOut=2019-12-28&los=6&rooms=1&adults=1&children=0&cid=1826369

Edited by moonseeker
  • Thanks 1