Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

rooster59

27 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I know that, you know that, we all know that.  However, whilst the military backed, wealthy Thai elite, are busy raping the country, whilst masquerading as a democracy, nothing can be done. 

While other countries are building a middle class, Thailand is doing its best to ensure the majority of the wealth is held by a small percent of the population. 

I don't know about Spain, as you replied to it ... but you sum it up 

21 hours ago, kingdong said:

Coming out in Jan and can only say good,will help offset the lousy exchange rate

Make sure you are using a hotel you are familiar with. A great disappointment is to be found when you visit the breakfast buffet and the sausages are replaced with a bowl of slop called Dal!

5 hours ago, Blas de Lezo said:

And what happened to Spain ? Spain received in 2018 the récord figure of 82,6 million International tourists with that they shouldn,t be doing so badly ........

Spain has bounced back, but it took decades.  Thailand's economy is not that resilient.

Also, they have polluted their popular beaches, and overdeveloped their islands.  Tourists may simply stop coming here for the nature that bought them here in the first place, the beaches.

Due to the strong baht, and other issues, I would suggest many of those tourists to Spain in 2018 used to come to Thailand, but not anymore.     

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Make sure you are using a hotel you are familiar with. A great disappointment is to be found when you visit the breakfast buffet and the sausages are replaced with a bowl of slop called Dal!

Breakfast?the doss houses I frequent don,t offer the luxury of that facility.

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2019 at 1:42 AM, kingdong said:

Only reason Spain bounced back is the fact it's now not safe to travel to Muslim resorts such as Egypt and North africa.Thailand is expensive for a third world country.

I agree, safety was one reason for Spain's rebound, but not the only reason, and yes, with Thailand charging developed nation prices for goods and services provided in a 3rd World environment, I have no doubt many Brit and Europeans that used to holiday in Thailand, are now holidaying in Spain. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2019 at 7:40 AM, jacko45k said:

Whats wrong with Dall its healthier then sausages and taste quiet nice.  

And no I am not Indian.

Edited by White Christmas13

On 12/23/2019 at 9:15 PM, Leaver said:

While other countries are building a middle class, Thailand is doing its best to ensure the majority of the wealth is held by a small percent of the population. 

I thought all countries were doing that,  care to share who the exceptions are? apart from China others seem to be following the same tack as Thailand.

2 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Whats wrong with Dall its healthier then sausages and taste quiet nice.  

And no I am not Indian.

It's slop. Afraid my preferences don't go to spicy Indian food for breakfast. And if it is so healthy, how come most Indians (men) walk around leaning backwards looking like they are a week from giving birth. 

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2019 at 2:15 PM, Leaver said:

I know that, you know that, we all know that.  However, whilst the military backed, wealthy Thai elite, are busy raping the country, whilst masquerading as a democracy, nothing can be done. 

What times the revolution start?

On 12/28/2019 at 9:12 AM, kingdong said:

What times the revolution start?

They had a democratic revolution, and all that did was cause a military coup to overturn the will of the majority of the population. 

The Governance Thailand has now, will be the Governance Thailand will have for the foreseeable future. 

So, if you think things aren't going well in Thailand at the moment, you can imaging what the place will be like in 5 years time.

• Like 2

Simple mathematics;

A tourist from Mumbai, London, New York has to pay the same(or more) for a drink in Walking Street as their home country. 

Buying a beer wine or spirit in 7/11 the same as their own countries.

Couple these factors with the high baht, disgusting beaches and the fact that most tourists fear going out in Pattaya(Crime, drugs, violence etc) and it adds up to a disaster for tourism.

There is an easy answer but the "Fat Cats" will not devalue the baht.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/29/2019 at 12:25 AM, Leaver said:

So, if you think things aren't going well in Thailand at the moment, you can imaging what the place will be like in 5 years time.

I will have to imagine because unless they get their act together I won,t be here,coming over in jan,an going on to vietnam also to Bali so although the los will have the brief pleasure of my patronage for a few days they won,t be getting much in the way of the Nelson Eddie's.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 6:44 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

Hardly surprising in a city renowned for its 'family values', clean beaches, cultural 'object d'arts' and international sporting events.

On behalf of residents of Pattaya, TVF members should all pitch in to help @NCC1701A move to Pattaya and rescue the working girls...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

(er...sorry)

I guess all the tourists are all staying at the airports

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

They're still an indicator of the number of tourists that spend an appreciable amount of money in the local economy. Most independant Pattaya businesses won't survive without the farang tourists

So if the bars are empty that would mean no money going into the economy, hardly think so, Thai tourism does not hinge on Pattaya.

Years ago Pattaya thrived on western tourists and business catered to that requirement, but the behaviour did not go down well and about 8/9 years ago TAT took the decision to ignore the west and concentrate on the east, we are now seeing the result in Pattaya while other areas are expanding their business.

You are quite right about business in Pattaya, if they do not adjust it will be the end of the road.

11 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

The news coming from the ground and concerning Phuket, Hua hin, Koh Samui and Chiang mai doesn't seem to be very good with a massive fall in the money generated by the tourism,

so what are the other areas expending their business? Bangkok? 

Or are you by any chance working for TAT?

Or at least lured by the ''officials'' datas about the numbers of arrivals?

You really ought to get out and about a bit more.

• Confused 1