Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

rooster59

On 12/31/2019 at 1:41 PM, DannyCarlton said:

Yep, gap has been widening for 10 years since the Tories formed the Government. Now Johnson is in expect more of the same. You ain't seen nothing yet. Double whammy too as he's going to destroy the £.

It wasn,t Johnson who "sent out the search party's to rub the right wings nose in it"subsequently creating a glut of cheap labour,and they wonder why the brexit vote was so high in working class areas.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

I agree, but my point being, Thailand is now losing western tourists, and expats.

Yes, for a multitude of reasons, no denying it. I hear many under 50s now struggle to find a way to spend 6 months in Thailand in a year, those fortunate enough to earn sufficient during the rest of their time. 

They don't want to be hassled and possibly locked in a room simply because they are on their second or more tourist visa.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 8:24 AM, spidermike007 said:

The authorities here have only themselves to blame, for the massive collapse of the tourism market. I am not referring to the tens of millions who fill up the airports, and clog the streets, but bring little in the way of revenue. But rather middle class tourists, and wealthy tourists who used to frequent this nation, and have not come back for a dozen valid reasons.

Nobody is talking about a "massive collapse" in tourism, the OP is talking about a significant reduction in the Pattaya entertainment business, quite different.

"Talk about biting off the hand that feeds you." - the strength of the baht would indicate that nothing is being bitten off. Tourism is the last thing any country wants to be reliant on.

20 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's the 2 week millionaires that have fled more than anyone. Pattaya's bread and butter.

And I dare say, those 2 week millionaires were the ones putting bread and butter on many tables in Issan.  Well, maybe rice and pork.  ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

And I dare say, those 2 week millionaires were the ones putting bread and butter on many tables in Issan.  Well, maybe rice and pork.  ????

They have also a big responsability in the increase in tariffs asking by the girls

the market correction is now done little by little but it's slow

for some of the girls it's always difficult to come back down to earth

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Thanks 2

On 1/1/2020 at 6:46 PM, Leaver said:

Almost 13 million tourists in 9 months! Meaning around 16 million for the whole year? Give them a few more years and they will leave Thailand behind in the rankings!

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, cyril sneer said:

the tourists are still there in numbers, though they just walk past the nightlife and take photos instead (...)

Before: chase the girls and Happy-Hour beer.

Now: chase after the flag! No time to spend money.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, aspenbkk said:

HaHa not surprising as the People are Brainwashed to believe what the goverment says ? western people know everything is made up the figures etc and they are going elsewhere to spend their money not in a country where the goverment put up barriers not to let western people in and your not welcome to spend your money i used to go 5 times a year and spend on flights accommodation and food drink 150000 each time in between work but now i spend elsewhere where im welcomed .   

Where do you go now?

On 12/14/2019 at 3:04 AM, bkk6060 said:

Popular Gogo's 5,000 b for one hour of a lousy time with female company.

Add forced pegger drinks.

Still plenty of stupidity paying but seems maybe even the tourists are figuring it out I guess.

they getting it, much less koreans in clubs, they used to pull monkeys @3/4000 but they have been so much abused that now few of them go to clubs and still (5555) keep pulling sailor dressed goriallas at same rate.

Not long they will disappear too

15 hours ago, lavezzi said:

they getting it, much less koreans in clubs, they used to pull monkeys @3/4000 but they have been so much abused that now few of them go to clubs and still (5555) keep pulling sailor dressed goriallas at same rate.

Not long they will disappear too

Yes, I do not see as many Korean or Japanese as in the past.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:29 PM, kingofthemountain said:

They have also a big responsability in the increase in tariffs asking by the girls

the market correction is now done little by little but it's slow

for some of the girls it's always difficult to come back down to earth

There may be no market left for correction in the future.

• Like 1