Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

rooster59

Well just been there earlier this week and it was indeed much more quiet in many areas. I personally enjoyed it more, less crowd and easier to get to places, walk around.

Also noticed a lot of good offers in terms of food and drinks, get rid of the poor preforming places and keep the good ones open.
I would actually not mind it to stay like this, would make me visit more often. At least money I spent is appreciated again.

Walking Street was <deleted> tho, super annoying with those Chinese tour groups as well.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

... choose to stay away from the nightlife venues...

Who wouldn't, with all the scams, overpricing and lawlessness going on? Then again, fret not. Your tourism boss Khun Yuthasak expects a seven percent rise in foreign visitors during the five day New Year period. Plus, the Chinese are coming back, and will double over the next decade.

So sit tight, hang in there, do nothing and wait for the money to roll right in.

Like you've always done.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

August and facing being hit with the sham insurance on my next extension, I'm considering moving back here and leaving behind the constant immigration and police hassles. Retirement is supposed to be a low-stress lifestyle.

your not going to find it very relaxing when you need medical and your uninsured in vietnam

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

a thinning down of the bars wouldn't be too bad a thing, Pattaya is a lot more spread out now than it used to be, so even with a decent amount of visitors it gives the appearance of being even more quiet than it actually is because people aren't concentrated in just a couple of areas any more.

Also means on my next trip I won't encounter as many people crying about when 'it used to be 75 baht to the pound and girls were nicer then yawn blah blah"

Prices over there haven't risen in a long time, so the less curmudgeons there thinking prices should drop everywhere when it's their own currency thats weak then the better for me - I can adapt by buying less Lady drinks which are a waste of money anyway. Ex pats can always move to Vietnam, you managed to leave your drab country so I'm not too sympathetic

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

“You reap what you sow”

All those western tourists you took for granted with shocking service, hand out expectations, price increases, assults, greediness, infatuation with Chinese tourists and your governments decision to not devalue the baht have lead to this. 

Totally agree........blame silly Immigration Laws that are 19 th Century

• Like 2

They don't seem to get it.

Customers are down but the prices go up.

Thai logic I will never understand...

They buy a new car and when they sell it they want the same price as they paid, maybe 2 years ago. 

If it doesn't sell, it just sits there gathering cobwebs. 

Talking of which. 

A few cobwebs gathering on Walking Street too.

1 minute ago, bobnuts said:

I think they are just a bit 20th century.

I prefer to not have my photos in apps, data sold on, to later be blackmailed (I am in IT and know where that data goes, it doesn't ever go away).
That aside, I prefer a bar as there is less time wasted + no drama. I know what I get and how she really looks like, not some edited photo, pay up, and leave after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That´s great! Then all the looser punters that are left, ain´t gonna have any problems finding a nice time with some farm girls.

5 hours ago, Fancyzancy said:

Any discounts on hotel rooms ? NO!!!

They should start there.

As well as the pretties shouldn't turn down older Farang.  Were the bread and butter!!!

We´re the bread and butter???? Really, I think you give yourself a far higher value than reality does.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That´s great! Then all the looser punters that are left, ain´t gonna have any problems finding a nice time with some farm girls.

We´re the bread and butter???? Really, I think you give yourself a far higher value than reality does.

First sentence is absolutely true, trust me. 555

And yes, we are their bread and butter, in my case, with jam on it. Try it sometime, works for me.

Edit: The girls prefer strawberry above any other flavour.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1