Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

rooster59

“The days of Europeans visiting Pattaya in large numbers are over”, Mr Damrongkiet said.

… Yes, things are Changing and Re Bars in Thailand, probably for a long time now, like well since I first Started Visiting them in Cowboy, back in the 80's .... …  Like I think that it has been slowly changing down Gears, re Bars since then. … Like first there was the final acceptance of the REAL existence of HIV Aids .... and well the whole tourist Society has been slowly Changing also ! ... Like bars have been going down, (And putting their Prices UP !!! ???) …. but beer Gardens, which are Less Claustrophobic … are Coming up !!! … Like You like Sex ! but not Alcohol, Noise and smoke ? Well go to a beer Garden. Or well even take a look for Nice Girls, reading news Papers, … in the dark, outside of Robinsons or other Classy Places ! ??? … and Cut with the chase, and probably save yourself, … and the Woman !!! a LOT OF money !!!

And then there is the Danger of Alcohlism, which well, takes Hundreds and HUNDREDS of men down, from ALL races in this Country I think. .... Well probably Thousands !!! ... But well that is another story, ... Right ... re why people are not going to"Bars" any more ! ? ...

… Like at risk of being Pulled d/t Off Topic, I can tell you that in the 80's the Clock tower Square, in That really Great Multi Cultural, and very Interesting … AND ! Friendly Place, Melaka on the Straits, Just South West of KL, in their main square, the Clock tower Square, back in the 80's ... there would have been 2 to 300 White Foreigners, on any day, and sometimes even more !... about 10 Asian tourists, ... and about 150 Malays trying to give them rickshaw rides, or sell them something !!!

NOW, ... NOW !!! … There would be about 300 Mainland, and other Chinese, … and they DO, do it in Shifts !!! … Like the tourist buses that take them there, have their parking up areas !!! all over the Center of the town !!! ... and maybe 5 White western Tourists !!!  … If you are Lucky ? …. But still the same 150 Malays, …  trying to sell them something !!! Like REAL Tourism ??? … Like, things have Changed ? … And am I upset as I walk past every day when I am there, ... NO, it's their Turn !!! Right. (Along with the Russians ! ??? Right ?) 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40% //

But of course the article doesn't give any name of these places... :whistling:

This night it would have just be impossible to add 67% people

in places like Insomnia Disco who was nearly at its maximum capacity !

Looks like another BS article with an agenda that I can't understand... :ermm:

• Sad 1

Everywhere is dead here, the malls, massage , restaurants , bars.

only the markets are doing well, especially the night market at jomtien, tho the stalls close about 10 pm. That said, there were 15 tour buses parked on jomtien second road this morning ,after Rompo . Maybe they’re parking here instead of Pattaya ???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

The mathematical formula is quite simple. The number of paying Farang customers wishing to come here to spend money on the nightlife scene will be inversely proportional to the number of Indian groups roaming the streets looking for prey. I already know of condo pools where Farangs no longer use their swimming pool due to "Asians" washing their underwear in said pools with a bar of soap, I guess a cleaner substitute for the Ganges. And it,s going to get worse ????

That's the same as western girls wearing bikini all day and swim with it back in the hotel....????

1 hour ago, looking for LIFE insurance said:

Not Pattaya but Bangkok yesterday.  Sitting in traffic 13:00 on Sukhumvit with Soi 22 on my left hand side.

I witnessed 2 police stop a tourist walking down the sidewalk to check his passport.  finished with him, they turned around and stop 2 tourist on a scooter and frisked them down.

I not know if pattaya is the same but if I go on vacation to a country and they want to arbitrarily stop & frisk me, I will never return.

Thats not the vibe I want when I go on vacation.

Would be very unusual to happen in Pattaya but it is really normal for Thong lor police to do these days. The worst area imo (thong lor police area).
I would not want that vibe during a holiday or normal life, one of the reasons I left Bangkok 2 years ago (they once even tried to put drugs in my cigaret pack + stole 2k baht from my wallet during the search).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fancyzancy said:

Any discounts on hotel rooms ? NO!!!

They should start there.

As well as the pretties shouldn't turn down older Farang.  Were the bread and butter!!!

They certainly were. Not any more.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Mr Damrongkiet said there are 40 percent less tourists visiting such venues compared to the same period last year.

Don't take me seriously please, I'm just trying to do a bit of irony, TAT is constantly communicating growing numbers ...
Well, this is clear, Pattaya is a 1st class destination for families who certainly do not visit the nightlife!
Maybe it's time for you to adapt, make rides, bumper cars and other attractions for children!
40% are also missing customers to all other businesses!

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Prayuth said 4 years ago that the red light image on Thailand would be changed....hence the "family resort" comments....seems to be working!

But not quite in the way he expected it to.

5 hours ago, starky said:

Amazingly even though exaggerated TAT tourists numbers nor Thai tourism itself depends on the washed desperates or cheap Charlie looky- loos that congregate in a 2 bit over rated brothel town. 

And your point is?????