Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

rooster59

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Speaking to

Sophon Cable TV, Damrongkiet Pinitkarn, secretary of the Pattaya Entertainment and Tourism Industrial Association said that the number of tourists visiting bars and nightclubs, for which the town is synonymous, has plummeted.

Seems like the authorities' efforts to change Pattaya's reputation and become a quality tourist and family destination is well working...????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Beggar said:

The future of the night life seem to be the 7-Eleven. More and more often I see tourists sitting in front of them and having a drink. 

I tee up a lady off dating websites and offer them to come round with a friend for a few drinks, agree to a price and I buy their drink of choice whilst they are coming over....great night in with a few ladies and music I like at a volume I like.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Not quite. If numbers are down by 40% you need to increase prices by 67% to get back to the same revenue - 40% of 100 = 60%. Divide the original 100 by 60% and you get ~ 1.67 

too complicated for a cell phone using sales person 
60 bath sale less 100 B received = 

58 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

when dating Thai girls.

when dating Thai Girls, absolutely.
but when going pretty shopping ? who gives a  you know what,
price goes up or down and if lucky the price goes up and down with enthusiasm.

6 hours ago, aussienam said:

Personally, after showing a mate from abroad around the other night, it was an absolute disappointment and a rip off.  He was after company and the prices were ridiculous!  He gave up.  Truly not worth it at all.  

Bar fines seem to have hiked up as well in most places as well as the other costs.  Drink prices are not cheap, even in the quiet bars. 

Lady drink prices were crazy.  The girls looked bored and disinterested overall, glued to their phones mainly. 

Go go bar girls are also looking large and frumpy and not that attractive for taking up that position.  Not much eye candy.  And they are usually regarded as the cream of the crop!  Some were shocking! 

Overall the night was expensive just for basic drinks, totally boring too.  The high Baht has made what was already pricey before even worse.  

And the news report is true that the bar demographics are not attractive to Indians and Chinese.  Go go bars, karaoke and Soapies attract high roller Chinese.  Not little side bars. Otherwise package tours with flag.holders. Indians want Bollywood style music and cheaper outlets in general.  

The few high rolling expats and two week 'millionaires' prop up the place a bit.  Retirees on limited funds are being sidelined and staying home!  There is a limit to what punters will pay.  And the ceiling is being hit.  Oh well.  Will get worse.  

are you talking about bangkok bars ??

pattaya bars , far better attitude from ladies and service staff, drinks a little cheaper--ladies definitely not as cheap as a few yrears ago...

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Maybe a lot of the older farang should do more about their appearance, slimming down a bit and not covering themselves in tattoos, also be more mindful about what they wear when dating Thai girls.

If they were do as you suggest they might not have to come to  Pattaya to get their wicked way with women. The same goes for a lot of the younger falangs who have to travel half way around the world to meet attractive young women.

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

If they were do as you suggest they might not have to come to  Pattaya to get their wicked way with women. The same goes for a lot of the younger falangs who have to travel half way around the world to meet attractive young women.

I was not really referring to anyone dating working girls. if that is not what you meant then I apologise. but dating an ordinary Thai girl perhaps with the intention of seeing how you get on and hoping to take things further, as far as appearance goes, you should not turn up in shorts, or bearing too much flesh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Is he not a Reggae "music" singer from the sixties?

He could be a member of the Infamous Nash Crime Family from North London.

Edited by yogi100

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

In 35 years of visiting Pattaya, the last 20 of which have been on a regular basis I've never met one girl who was not 'working'.

A couple of my friends have met girls through dating sites only to discover that they're also 'working girls'.

I think you know what I mean.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

As long as you turn up with money i don't think it matters too much

Three of the girls I dated in Pattaya before I met my wife had good jobs, and two of them had quite new trucks, they were probably as well of financially as me.

At that time I never knew anything about the bar scene or how it worked.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I have honestly never met a straight girl in Pattaya but to be fair I've never really wanted to. I've never had much luck with women and I don't expect things to change at my time of life wherever I might be.

I even met a lass who worked in a 7/11 but it turned out she was looking for 3,000 baht for a short time.

When she realised I was not up for it at those prices she took herself off down to Insomnia at 2 am to find someone who was.

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I have honestly never met a straight girl in Pattaya but to be fair I've never really wanted to. I've never had much luck with women and I don't expect things to change at my time of life wherever I might be.

I even met a lass who worked in a 7/11 but it turned out she was looking for 3,000 baht for a short time.

When she realised I was not up for it at those prices she took herself off down to Insomnia at 2 am to find someone who was.

It all depends on where you meet them, I met one who has her own stall in Mikes Mall about 14 years ago, she is still there and I see her sometimes when I go to Pattaya. It is possible that any of them could be "working girls" but I would doubt it, as if they were, they would not have went out with me for free, even allowing for my looks.