SETV and Extension Dates Confirmation

I am looking to get a 60 Day SETV and extend this by 30 days in Thailand for a 90 day stay.

I just want to confirm the dates before I book this.

UK Flight: Tue 14th April 2020

Arrives in Thailand: Wed 15th April 2020 (start date of 60 day visa)

60 Day Visa Expires/New 30 day visa start: Sat 13th June 2020 (providing immigration office open on a Saturday?)

Flight home on day 30 of extension: Sun 12th July 2020

I am mainly asking because I have seen mentioned the 60 day visa expires after 59 days and the 30 day visa expires after 29 days. Have I got the dates right?

The Thought Police will be along any moment now. The visa expires the moment you use it. What you get is a 60-day permission to stay based on the visa. You can go to Immigration before your original permission-to-stay expires to get an extension of 30 days. Those 30 days get tacked on to the end of your original 60 days, they don't "start the clock" all over again

• Haha 1

Your 60 day permit to stay from your tourist visa starts on the day you enter the country.

Prior to June 13th you can apply for a 30 day extension of your 60 day permit to stay that will allow you stay until July 13. The extension starts from the day after your permit to stay ends not the date of application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On entry, you receive 60 days including your entry date and the last day (so 59 nights). Entering on 15 April, your last day in Thailand (without an extension) is 13 June. As already explained, the 30-day extension (best applied for some days before your permission to stay ends) is added to the end of your permission to stay, giving you a total of 90 days (89 nights). This will allow you to stay until 13 July.

• Like 1

Be aware that when you apply for an extension of stay the local IO might want to see that the place where you are staying when doing the application has filed a TM30 of you staying there.

When you stay in Hotels/guesthouses and you are staying in one when applying, that will not be an issue as the Hotel/guesthouse will have done it for you (they are required by law to do so).

However when you are staying at a friend's place at the time you are doing your application for an extension of stay, they might refuse it until the TM30 has been done.

If you know already the local IO where you will do the application for extension of stay, let us know so that we can respond whether that particular IO will enforce it or not

Edited by Peter Denis