Am I on an O or OA visa?

Hi,

Just wondering if I have an O or OA visa, since I cannot find any indication from the stamps in my passport.

I started with a tourist visa from a Thai embassy, switched to Non-B at CW and then switched again to "NON-RE," also at CW.

Here's a pic:

Thanks in advance for explaining this to me.

Signed,
"Preparing for health insurance requirements going forward"

IMG_0596 - Copy.jpg

29th july entry is on a non immigrant b visa - 90 days

29th april is on a re-entry permit, issued against a yearly extension, so somewhere between these 2 dates you changed to a yearly extension of stay, what stamps by local immigration office, are on the first page of your latest passport

Edited by steve187

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have been extending the original 90 day entry you got from the non-b visa so you are certainly not on a OA visa.

The non-RE means you used a Re-Entry permit to enter the country.

Wow, I thought the RE meant "retirement."  Thanks for the explanation!  Indeed, every entry in recent years is marked "Non-RE," which makes sense.

To be clear, the original TR was converted to a Non-B.  Since then, I have done annual extensions, at first based on work and then in recent years based on retirement.

So am I still here on (extensions to) my Non-B visa?  And can I assume that I have never held an O or O-A visa.  (Thinking about the health insurance requirements...)

Thanks again for your help.

7 hours ago, steve187 said:

29th july entry is on a non immigrant b visa - 90 days

29th april is on a re-entry permit, issued against a yearly extension, so somewhere between these 2 dates you changed to a yearly extension of stay, what stamps by local immigration office, are on the first page of your latest passport

Hi,

Those ARE the stamps on the first page of the passport!

Yes, you're right, I went from TR (obtained abroad) to Non-B (converted at CW), and have done extensions ever since, using Re-entry permits to return after each trip abroad.

5 minutes ago, heretostay said:

So am I still here on (extensions to) my Non-B visa? 

You have been extending the 90 day entry the non-b visa allowed.

When you changed from an based upon working to retirement it changed nothing related to your the visa you used to get the first 90 day non immigrant visa entry.

59 minutes ago, heretostay said:

Wow, I thought the RE meant "retirement."  Thanks for the explanation!  Indeed, every entry in recent years is marked "Non-RE," which makes sense.

To be clear, the original TR was converted to a Non-B.  Since then, I have done annual extensions, at first based on work and then in recent years based on retirement.

So am I still here on (extensions to) my Non-B visa?  And can I assume that I have never held an O or O-A visa.  (Thinking about the health insurance requirements...)

Thanks again for your help.

You should really remember what type of Visa you started with. It's a huge difference between a Non-Immigrant B and an O or O-A Visa. 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have been extending the 90 day entry the non-b visa allowed.

When you changed from an based upon working to retirement it changed nothing related to your the visa you used to get the first 90 day non immigrant visa entry.

Got it, that's clear!  Whew!!!

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

You should really remember what type of Visa you started with. It's a huge difference between a Non-Immigrant B and an O or O-A Visa. 

Forgive my confusion!  Lucky that there are some super intelligent people here who were able to straighten me out!

19 hours ago, heretostay said:

I obtained a TR visa abroad first.  CW converted that to Non-B class.  I have remained in the country on extensions ever since.  I do have a visa... and many extensions.

You DID have a visa and now you have an extension....or as you say "many extensions!"  (Just to be my pedantic self on this lazy Sunday afternoon ????)

22 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

You DID have a visa and now you have an extension....or as you say "many extensions!"  (Just to be my pedantic self on this lazy Sunday afternoon ????)

Two can play this game.  But only just for fun, OK?  On a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Technically, since the visa stamp is still in the my passport, and since the passport is still in my possession, I think we can agree that I still "have" the visa (and not "You DID have a visa").  True, its validity for entry into the country has expired.  True, it does not allow me to stay in the country at this point.  True, true, true.

In the same way, I still "have" a number of extensions, since each extension stamp is still in my passport, which I still possess.

And just to stay focused, my original query was for clarification of my visa class.  I thought it had changed (to O or OA) when I started using retirement as my grounds for extensions, from Non-B to Non-RE, according to the stamps in my passport (see pic in original post).  But, no, as the experts here have explained, my original Non-B is the visa through which I have obtained my extensions.  The "RE" refers to "Re-Entry permit," not to "REtirement."  My bad.

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 4:56 PM, SohlolyMD said:

Why they did not write anything in visa class in my tv??

E4AEA2C5-AB80-44F3-B20A-6B4BE80BA804.jpeg

I don't see any answer to your question here, so I will give it a shot.
Are you sure you have a visa?  This is an entry stamp, just showing your date of entry and permitted to stay to date.  Maybe you cam e in on a visa exemption program, available to citizens from many countries including USA and most of Europe.
If still in doubt, you may want to open a new topic and ask again, instead of piggy-backing on someone else's topic.