Jump to content
BANGKOK
Card

Land clearance on large plot on Dong Tan beach - anyone got definite info?

Recommended Posts

See attached photo. Ok it's almost certainly gonna be a luxury condo block, but rumour has it that it may be a shopping mall. Any definite info, eg. advertising off plan condos? 

Edited by Card
Attach photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Henryford said:

What photo?

It was uploaded and shows in edit mode but not here. Dont know why. Is a small file. Here it is.

1576296816199..jpg

Edited by Card
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Card said:

It was uploaded and shows in edit mode but not here. Dont know why. Is a small file. Here it is.

1576296816199..jpg

Are you in View Talay? Looks like you may lose your view. 

It won't be a public park!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Are you in View Talay? Looks like you may lose your view. 

It won't be a public park!

You used both of your brain cells to figure that out in record time? Makes you happy does it? Any building in that area blocks many people's view.

 

There is no legal access from Thappraya Rd. - possibly the reason it has taken so long to develop - so the only likely access is from Dongtan Beach, which means a low-lying resort like the one between VT 7 and VT 5. Happy now? Guess not 555555.

Edited by Card
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Card said:

You used both of your brain cells to figure that out in record time? Makes you happy does it? Any building in that area blocks many people's view.

 

There is no legal access from Thappraya Rd. - possibly the reason it has taken so long to develop - so the only likely access is from Dongtan Beach, which means a low-lying resort like the one between VT 7 and VT 5. Happy now? Guess not 555555.

You seem to like being insulting. Rather odd for someone who can't figure out how to post pictures. 

Quote

Ok it's almost certainly gonna be a luxury condo block, but rumour has it that it may be a shopping mall. 

So now it is to be a resort? 

The land towards Thrappaya is also open land is it not?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You seem to like being insulting. Rather odd for someone who can't figure out how to post pictures. 

So now it is to be a resort? 

The land towards Thrappaya is also open land is it not?

From more recent info. You saw the photo that wasn't uploaded? Open land does not mean same owners nor legal access. You seem to get pleasure from other's misfortune. Lot of you characters about on this forum that seem to like to attract insults. It's not so much the view but the building noise created. Think about these things, one at a time, now.

Edited by Card
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Card said:

From more recent info. You saw the photo that wasn't uploaded? Open land does not mean same owners nor legal access. You seem to get pleasure from other's misfortune. Lot of you characters about on this forum that seem to like to attract insults. It's not so much the view but the building noise created. Think about these things, one at a time, now.

I have one of my own actually, taken from a higher floor closer to the sea. I took no pleasure whatsoever, where did I state that I did? You should try thinking and reading before jumping to half baked erroneous conclusions. You can always close your sliding door if noise becomes an issue, or try going out for a while. Make a change from the banging doors in the corridors. Fortunately those houses between mean at least no chance of a big building next to you. 

 

Anyhow, another for the ignore group.

 

 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they revamped walking beach Road that's where they kept all the pipes /machinery/ shanty huts, I think its just been tided up.

If it was land clearance no tree or bush would be standing.

Just put a bit more colour in the photo

1576296816199..jpg.df1d0d500f01b1ecf38c76cd88859681.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, sometime said:

When they revamped walking beach Road that's where they kept all the pipes /machinery/ shanty huts, I think its just been tided up.

If it was land clearance no tree or bush would be standing.

Just put a bit more colour in the photo

1576296816199..jpg.df1d0d500f01b1ecf38c76cd88859681.jpg

They have only been on the job 2 days. Give them time.

 

An additional note is that there is a small road next to the tower belonging to Pattaya Park - currently a motorbike parking area - which could act as an access road to the site if granted permission or bought from the park. But if that was the case why not open up the wall there now to allow access to the bulldozers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after all this chit-chat, still noone has the faintest ideas about the fate of that land parcel, right? That was the OP's original question. Let's hope it ends up being a Rabbit Resort-like low flung development. Keeping my fingers crossed. Obviously a parcel at this location will not remain undeveloped for long.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I hope its a shopping mall!

Another rumour, but does Pattaya or Thailand need yet another bloody identical shopping mall. It needs wooded areas in towns. Anyway the restricted access, and poor or narrow roads around that area would not allow high volumes of traffic associated with malls. The key to its eventual function in my opinion is the restricted access and coupled with the high land value and closeness to the sea with building restrictions makes me plump for either a high end resort or luxury condo block.

 

They won't be re-seeding it to create a bird sanctuary, that's for sure.

Edited by Card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I hope its a shopping mall!

Not much access unless a strip come from Thrappaya. I thought the Rhompho bar area was earmarked for a shopping Mall. What is happening there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...