Land clearance on large plot on Dong Tan beach - anyone got definite info?

Card

See attached photo. Ok it's almost certainly gonna be a luxury condo block, but rumour has it that it may be a shopping mall. Any definite info, eg. advertising off plan condos? 

Edited by Card
Attach photo

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Are you in View Talay? Looks like you may lose your view. 

It won't be a public park!

You used both of your brain cells to figure that out in record time? Makes you happy does it? Any building in that area blocks many people's view.

There is no legal access from Thappraya Rd. - possibly the reason it has taken so long to develop - so the only likely access is from Dongtan Beach, which means a low-lying resort like the one between VT 7 and VT 5. Happy now? Guess not 555555.

Edited by Card
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Card said:

You used both of your brain cells to figure that out in record time? Makes you happy does it? Any building in that area blocks many people's view.

There is no legal access from Thappraya Rd. - possibly the reason it has taken so long to develop - so the only likely access is from Dongtan Beach, which means a low-lying resort like the one between VT 7 and VT 5. Happy now? Guess not 555555.

You seem to like being insulting. Rather odd for someone who can't figure out how to post pictures. 

Ok it's almost certainly gonna be a luxury condo block, but rumour has it that it may be a shopping mall. 

So now it is to be a resort? 

The land towards Thrappaya is also open land is it not?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You seem to like being insulting. Rather odd for someone who can't figure out how to post pictures. 

So now it is to be a resort? 

The land towards Thrappaya is also open land is it not?

From more recent info. You saw the photo that wasn't uploaded? Open land does not mean same owners nor legal access. You seem to get pleasure from other's misfortune. Lot of you characters about on this forum that seem to like to attract insults. It's not so much the view but the building noise created. Think about these things, one at a time, now.

Edited by Card
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Card said:

From more recent info. You saw the photo that wasn't uploaded? Open land does not mean same owners nor legal access. You seem to get pleasure from other's misfortune. Lot of you characters about on this forum that seem to like to attract insults. It's not so much the view but the building noise created. Think about these things, one at a time, now.

I have one of my own actually, taken from a higher floor closer to the sea. I took no pleasure whatsoever, where did I state that I did? You should try thinking and reading before jumping to half baked erroneous conclusions. You can always close your sliding door if noise becomes an issue, or try going out for a while. Make a change from the banging doors in the corridors. Fortunately those houses between mean at least no chance of a big building next to you. 

Anyhow, another for the ignore group.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, sometime said:

When they revamped walking beach Road that's where they kept all the pipes /machinery/ shanty huts, I think its just been tided up.

If it was land clearance no tree or bush would be standing.

Just put a bit more colour in the photo

1576296816199..jpg.df1d0d500f01b1ecf38c76cd88859681.jpg

They have only been on the job 2 days. Give them time.

An additional note is that there is a small road next to the tower belonging to Pattaya Park - currently a motorbike parking area - which could act as an access road to the site if granted permission or bought from the park. But if that was the case why not open up the wall there now to allow access to the bulldozers?

So after all this chit-chat, still noone has the faintest ideas about the fate of that land parcel, right? That was the OP's original question. Let's hope it ends up being a Rabbit Resort-like low flung development. Keeping my fingers crossed. Obviously a parcel at this location will not remain undeveloped for long.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I hope its a shopping mall!

Another rumour, but does Pattaya or Thailand need yet another bloody identical shopping mall. It needs wooded areas in towns. Anyway the restricted access, and poor or narrow roads around that area would not allow high volumes of traffic associated with malls. The key to its eventual function in my opinion is the restricted access and coupled with the high land value and closeness to the sea with building restrictions makes me plump for either a high end resort or luxury condo block.

They won't be re-seeding it to create a bird sanctuary, that's for sure.

Edited by Card

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Not much access unless a strip come from Thrappaya. I thought the Rhompho bar area was earmarked for a shopping Mall. What is happening there?

Apparently the reason that plot was not developed was a fight between the owners and those of the adjacent plot about direct access from Thappaya. Either that has been resolved (no signs of any work or clearance on that adjacent plot) or the decision on the access route has changed. Beach road is out coz of no access between 10am and 5 pm. But i see a gate in the far wall next to the tower and a small access road to it. Not used so far but i reckon that is the key to the whole project. I will make a trip there this morning.

Just checked the far end if the wall next to the tower. The small access road belongs to the Sky tower and ends at the plot wall where the Sky Tower cable buckets descend to. No way that could be used for access to the plot. So the only likely solution if they do build on that plot and need vehicular access is a direct route to Thappraya road across the adjacent plot, the lack of which has probably held up development for decades. 

A strange activity on the site is that the bulldozers keep digging holes and then immediately filling them up again. Maybe they are prospecting for gold, or oil! Ah I see now, they are burying the felled bushes after taking the logs away. Strange thing to have buried bushes all over a plot that they will build on?

IMG_20191215_102712.jpg

IMG_20191215_102251.jpg

Edited by Card
  • Like 1

With the right inducement to the correct city hall officals then a compulsory purchase order could easily be placed on the right parcels of land to turn them into access roads.

There would also be a lot of M&E involved which also needs access.

There are over 20 rai of land down there apparently owned by 2 seperate big Bangkok companies who have sat on them for decades.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SidJames said:

With the right inducement to the correct city hall officals then a compulsory purchase order could easily be placed on the right parcels of land to turn them into access roads.

There would also be a lot of M&E involved which also needs access.

There are over 20 rai of land down there apparently owned by 2 seperate big Bangkok companies who have sat on them for decades.

Compulsory purchase order for 1 big company against another? I doubt it. It would have happened long ago if that was the case.

Edited by Card

Just now, sometime said:

Just a thought, due to the new land tax coming in 2020 the owner could be going to plant a crop to avoid the 3% tax on unused land.

That sounds an interesting possibility and would account for them burying the trees they cut down. Would they bury trees in holes all over the plot if they were going to build on it?

I have heard that it is going to be an exclusive resort for gays. Targeting the Russians, Chinese and the Indians.

The other rumour I have heard is that it is going to be a football stadium and a venue where they can hold outdoor music concerts and festivals.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

A whole thread based on rumour. Thanks guys it's been a fascinating insight into the world of the bar stool dwelling farang in Pattaya.

Emptypockets, as the OP I would like to invite you to make your first credible contribution. Plz go ahead.

43 minutes ago, SidJames said:

I heard something similar a while back & I doubt someone who has posted sensibly 1700+ times on here would bother trolling.

Can anyone give us more info on this 3% land tax & how to avoid paying it please?

Why not just Google it?

I bet the owner is getting ready for Jan 1, to claim agricultural use by preparing the site.

Can we have sunflowers plz plz?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bdo.co.th/en-gb/insights/tax-updates/new-property-tax-law-in-thailand&ved=2ahUKEwjzw5DMtbfmAhUn8HMBHY9FAe8QFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1Gc4WRa_mi4p36LDfq5AqF

Edited by Card

5 hours ago, Card said:

That sounds an interesting possibility and would account for them burying the trees they cut down. Would they bury trees in holes all over the plot if they were going to build on it?

no. if it was low level building/ development.

high rise, wouldn't matter so much, as piles would be driven.

maybe something for pattaya park, tourist attraction/ water park/ family play area ? hope that's it. the Benidorm model doesn't bear thinking about. the 'build it and they will come' mentally of developers is scary though...

best outcome for the immediate future is that idea of tax avoidance, farming the land.