Stranded on Ko Lan

Oink

What happened to the Ferries from Ko Lan yesterday?

I had not been out there for ages thought it is a nice day for a boat ride. Big mistake.

I went out on the 10:00 and went to come back on the 14:00 ferry. No boat! I was told no ferry until 17:00. Got back to the pier at 16:30 No boat! All ferries after midday had been cancelled so around two thousand tourists were stranded on the island without any explanation.

After standing on the pier for a further two hours the first ferry turned up around 18:30 It is now dark. I finally got back to Bali Hi at 19:40 (5 hours late)

The scary part was that people were pushing forwards on the pier and it is a miracle that no-one ended up in the water.

Pier1.jpeg

I got off the pier as I realized the potential danger of the crowd pushing forward. This resulted in me being near the back of the queue on land. I finally got on the tenth (10) ferry and there were still more people behind me waiting. In fairness, they did not overload the ferries to get people out. But if each ferry carries around 200 passengers then there were a lot more than 100 P##sed off tourists.

1 hour ago, Oink said:

I got off the pier as I realized the potential danger of the crowd pushing forward. This resulted in me being near the back of the queue on land. I finally got on the tenth (10) ferry and there were still more people behind me waiting. In fairness, they did not overload the ferries to get people out. But if each ferry carries around 200 passengers then there were a lot more than 100 P##sed off tourists.

The word on the streets were that the owners of the ferries didn't pay their brown envelopes therefore the cops didn't let them on the water. Once the owners rushed and donated the required brown envelopes the cops allowed business as usual.

1 hour ago, gomangosteen said:

The King was on the water, collecting a new Azimut 77S luxury yacht at Sattahip.

Highway and train services were also put on hold for several hours

Yep I  saw all the police out on the Sukhumvit road ( Jomtien) about midday..went to pick the kid up from school at 4pm  police still there thought that was very strange then they stopped all traffic and a  big fleet of Yellow cars came through accompanied by many police cars and 2 ambulances...no sirens just flashing lights.

Later that evening my neighbour who works at the marina said about the yacht.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Usually a mistake going to koh larn

I don't go there any more,  2nd  time I went ..got fired from a job ( first time ever fired)  third time got blind drunk and had a big argument with my wife...no more Koh Larn for me "its cursed I tell ya me hearties"

Archived