Department publishes guidelines for national park visitors

rooster59

Department publishes guidelines for national park visitors

By THE NATION

800_b6c1bb1dd13b288.jpg

The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation on Saturday (December 14) posted on its Facebook page a list of Dos and Don’ts for tourists visiting national parks and wildlife reserves to ensure their own safety and that of nature.

The department mentioned the increase in tourist traffic, as the temperature falls in winter, at mountainous national parks for camping and taking pictures of morning fog and wild flowers.

To ensure safety while visiting mountains, trekking routes and scenic points, here are some regulations that must be followed:

1 Do not stray off the routes or scenic points designated by National Parks, as uncharted routes can be dangerous.

2 Do not stand close to the cliff or try to look down it. Make sure to maintain a distance of at least one metre from the cliff, especially those who are afraid of heights or have physical limitations.

3 Be careful when taking pictures near cliffs or mountaintops and always check your surroundings before sitting/posing for picture. Refrain from playing or teasing with each other near these points.

4 Do not try to pave your own routes or making shortcuts in the National Parks, as it can cause confusion to other tourists and is against the law for destroying National Park’s environment.

Those requiring assistance from the Department, can contact its hotline on 1362, which is available 24/7.

640_6ie579ceg5kkfjihjkaae.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379434?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-14

2 Do not stand close to the cliff or try to look down it. Make sure to maintain a distance of at least one metre from the cliff, especially those who are afraid of heights or have physical limitations.

Would five Thai men to one foreigner be considered a "physical limitation?"

5. Do not go even near a cliff if you've got a life insurance in favor of your beloved wife. 

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

1 Do not stray off the routes or scenic points designated by National Parks, as uncharted routes can be dangerous.

3 Be careful when taking pictures near cliffs or mountaintops and always check your surroundings before sitting/posing for picture. Refrain from playing or teasing with each other near these points.

4 Do not try to pave your own routes or making shortcuts in the National Parks, as it can cause confusion to other tourists and is against the law for destroying National Park’s environment.

5 Do not hunt black panthers or other endangered wildlife if you're not filthy rich and have enough influence to eventually get away with it.

6 Do not pick wild mushrooms because you're poor -- or be jailed for 15 years for this outrageous deed.

7 Do not log illegally unless you're working on orders from a high-up politician or military person.

8 Do not illegally take into possession protected national park land unless you are an MP for the ruling party and use it to build a chicken farm on it.

9 Do not erect grand mansion on national park land unless you are a high-ranking judge or other bigwig.

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I don't visit Nat Parks.  I went to one year's ago and they were trying to get me to pay 700 baht to go in.   Yet the wife was only 60 baht!  So I  said something unkind and left never to return.  Dual pricing really pi**** me off!  ????

+1 that experience.

Never been to one since, and never will.

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

+1 that experience.

Never been to one since, and never will.

It's unfortunate, but after 3x I'm now a member of this club too. We have quite a large family and every 6 months the whole clan meets up, unless it's at a restaurant or open area I don't attend. My Thai resident card isn't good enough. 

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Receive 80% discount if you Thai.

In my homecountry ALL parks are free, we call it nature...but from now on we will sell tickets to THAI ONLY....

But they better not come anyway because we have huge fines for littering as well.

Apart from the rubbish issue, which isn't all parks as some now insist you take a basket to bring out your trash, the biggest complaint seems to be the dual pricing !!

I would be happy to pay double the Thai rate if the parks were managed properly and maintained. 10 x the price with no sign of improvement or maintenance really does annoy me as I really enjoy going to National Parks !!

Went to a local waterfall couple months back, tried with the Thai DL as they have always accepted it before. This time was told there was no water in the waterfall because dry season but they still wanted to charge me 200 baht ???? Thai logic or tard logic ??

Archived