Pheu Thai Party gives its backing for Thanathorn’s rally

rooster59

Pheu Thai Party gives its backing for Thanathorn’s rally

By THE NATION

800_f1fc8b2fa8cc6df.jpg

The Pheu Thai Party is fully backing the rally being held Saturday (December 14) by Future Forward Party (FFP) leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, and has told its members they were free to attend the event.

Thanathorn, whose party faces a case for dissolution in the Constitutional Court, has invited his supporters to join him at a rally on Saturday at 5pm at the Pathumwan intersection skywalk on Rama I Road.

Phumtham Wechayachai, adviser to the opposition leader in the House of Representatives and adviser to the Pheu Thai Party leader, said on Friday (December 13) that his sympathies were with Future Forward and the two parties were on the same page: on the side of democracy. “What has happened is proof that we are walking on the right path towards democracy, which is filled with hardship and requires great patience,” he said.

“If any Pheu Thai Party members would like to join Thanathorn’s rally, they can do so as long as they follow the law and follow the principles of democracy,” he added.

Thanathorn's call for a rally on Friday came after the Election Commission earlier in the week petitioned the Constitutional Court to dissolve Future Forward over Thanathorn's Bt191-million loan to the party, which it alleged was illegal for a political party.

The Constitutional Court had in November disqualified Thanathorn as a member of Parliament, ruling that he had violated the law by registering to run in the March election while still holding shares in a media company.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379439

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-14

3 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

has told its members they were free to attend the event.

I think it would have been better to actually encourage them to join the rally (against the Junta government), as opposed to suggesting they are free to do so. Doesn't show much encouragement from Pheu Thai, the way he phrased it. 

People say Thai people are complacent and the over 35 crowd are probably complacent. Yet, less and less of the young up and coming middle class are loyal to the old guard. University and high school students despise Prayut as a general rule. This is going to come to a head and Thailand could be headed towards another 'October 6, 1976 event.'

36 minutes ago, bkkatl said:

People say Thai people are complacent and the over 35 crowd are probably complacent. Yet, less and less of the young up and coming middle class are loyal to the old guard. University and high school students despise Prayut as a general rule. This is going to come to a head and Thailand could be headed towards another 'October 6, 1976 event.'

October 14th 1973 please. Not October 6th 1976.

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

To disolve the Fast Forward Party is telling 6 million voters they are not allowed to have their say.Without the Fast Forward Party the Peua Thai Party is going to be irrelevant.

I like it, The Fast Forward Party! They may be the Pause Party next week unfortunately.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

“If any Pheu Thai Party members would like to join Thanathorn’s rally, they can do so as long as they follow the law and follow the principles of democracy,”

About time.   5 years of mind numbing junta mania.  The only way the elites, the army and the judiciary will change is if the Thai people make them. 

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I think it would have been better to actually encourage them to join the rally (against the Junta government), as opposed to suggesting they are free to do so. Doesn't show much encouragement from Pheu Thai, the way he phrased it. 

He's playing the usual PTP game. Get someone else to do the dirty work if you can - then if it all goes wrong they can take the blame and PTP can deny any involvement.

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

To disolve the Fast Forward Party is telling 6 million voters they are not allowed to have their say.Without the Fast Forward Party the Peua Thai Party is going to be irrelevant.

No its not. They had they're say when the voted.

It's telling people, specifically politicians, that they must make sure they're squeaky clean because if they come to the attention of those in power they will be put under the microscope. And anything found can and will be used if deemed appropriate.  

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Pheu Thai Party is fully backing the rally being held Saturday (December 14) by Future Forward Party (FFP)

go ahead, anything and everything should be done to show the dictatorship will not prevail

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Most of the billionaires in Thailand support your green mob.   The red mob, as you call them, are supported by humble Thais.  

How many of the red mob go only to the streets if they are paid, get free rides, free food, etc?

And how many of them have their own thoughts and not just repetitions of what those billionaires told them?

I know Prayut's government is far away from perfect. But when I think about the time with the last billionaire and his little sister I prefer Prayut every day.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How many of the red mob go only to the streets if they are paid, get free rides, free food, etc?

And how many of them have their own thoughts and not just repetitions of what those billionaires told them?

I know Prayut's government is far away from perfect. But when I think about the time with the last billionaire and his little sister I prefer Prayut every day.

So said the Great democrat...

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What a surprise - or maybe not. The billionaires work together.

Will they all the send the red mob?

So a billion is the magic number when somebody turns evil? How about high millions? They're on the cusp, right? Could go either way? Or am I just making up some arbitrary divide so as to avoid thinking too hard?

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And how many of Suthep's mob could think for themselves?

21 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

He speak Thai when he talking about that. 

Translation sometimes confusing. 

You couldn't have been here under Thaksin from 2001 to 2005 with that ridiculous statement.

It was a prosporous and great time where Thailand appeared to unite together with new hope after the recent economic disaster.

Then someone got jealous...

Free food SO WHAT?   Many campaigns as far back as George Washington offered inducements like Bumbo, a highball made of rum, nutmeg and cinnamon.   Karl Rowe, architect of the Bush win, arranged rides for the religious right on election day.  During the street parties that ousted Thaksin, guess what?  There was free food.  Shocking, I know.    

"An enlightened citizenry is indispensable for the proper functioning of a republic. Self-government is not possible unless the citizens are educated sufficiently to enable them to exercise oversight. It is therefore imperative that the nation see to it that a suitable education be provided for all its citizens."  Thomas Jefferson.   Maybe these people are out getting educated. 

Love those allegations of payola, though there never seems to be any hard or wide spread evidence.  VOA reported Mrs. Shinawarta's campaign was clean.  When Don was asked if international monitors were needed during election day, he replied:  No, Thailand has held numerous successful elections.  Other articles have stated that vote buying does not have a significant effect on elections.     

Thankfully faranges who love military strong men, and have forsaken participatory government are rare.     Thailand went from a functioning democracy under Yingluck to being flawed under cha cha.   That is utterly disgraceful as is the EC wanting to ban a party that would oust the military and their elitist puppeteers legally.  How can you embrace such disgusting behavior ?

3 hours ago, sturdyd said:

So a billion is the magic number when somebody turns evil? How about high millions? They're on the cusp, right? Could go either way? Or am I just making up some arbitrary divide so as to avoid thinking too hard?

Just in case you expect an answer: There is obviously no clear amount. And not every rich guy is bad and not every poor guy is good - and the other way around.

But when a guy who is so rich that he does not have to work for the rest of his life and live comfortably and that person goes into politics then obviously the question comes up: why?

And looking at Thailand and the rest of the world I can't remember anybody like that going into politics because they had such a great heart and because they wanted to help the poor, etc.

It seems for many of these rich guys it's more about ego, power, getting even richer, etc.

But in theory it's obviously possible that a rich guy enters politics because he wants to do something good.

3 hours ago, newatthis said:

And how many of Suthep's mob could think for themselves?

I saw what you call Suthep's mob almost every day because I live there.

I am sure he hired some guys for "security".

But I saw also lots of what I would call middle class people. They didn't give me the impression that they showed up because of a couple of 100 THB.

Suthep is obviously no anger. But lots of people joined that protest because they wanted to get rid of Thaksin and his little sister. The didn't join because of Suthep. They joined because they were anti Thaksin.

3 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

You couldn't have been here under Thaksin from 2001 to 2005 with that ridiculous statement.

It was a prosporous and great time where Thailand appeared to unite together with new hope after the recent economic disaster.

Then someone got jealous...

I was here. And when Thaksin was elected the first I remember about his was putting his shares officially in the names of his maids and drivers. And then he obviously didn't declare those assets. Just a little honest mistake...

And over time more and more news showed how corrupt he acted. With his phone company, etc. I don't recall the details now but it became soon clear that he did some things for the people but at the same time he made sure his clan got richer and richer and more powerful.

Thaksin could still be PM and all Thailand would love him if he wouldn't have been so greedy.

Archived