Trailer flips, blocks Phuket major highway after alleged tire explosion

rooster59

Trailer flips, blocks Phuket major highway after alleged tire explosion 

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1576298518_1-org.jpg

The truck was carrying 36 tons of particle boards Surat Thani province to Phuket Deep Sea Port. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A fully-loaded semi-trailer overturned on Thepkrasattri Rd earlier today (Dec 14) blocking the southbound lane of Phuket's major highway south of Wat Muang Mai.

Maj Wuttichai Kaewthong of Thalang Police was informed of the accident at about 4.30 am.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a Songkhla-registered truck on its side blocking the southbound lane of Thepkrasattri Rd. with it's semi-trailer loaded with 36 tons of particle boards.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/trailer-flips-blocks-phuket-major-highway-after-alleged-tire-explosion-73994.php#yy8GW5OKgCOCmXp7.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-14

Maybe front tire

Meanwhile one witness told police that right before the accident she heard a sound of an exploding tire. According to the woman, after hearing the burst she rushed out of her house and saw the overturned trailer on the road.

21 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The particle boards will be in little particles now.

regards Worgeordie

You seem to have a morbid interest in everything Phuket- ever thought of visiting so you can comment firsthand?

I drove past this headed north at around 9am and the load was still on the vehicle, albeit shifted slightly. You can see from the photo as well that the load is not scattered across the road. A crane was in position, getting ready to winch the vehicle over. Returning at just after 11 the road seemed to be partly open as the detour signs had been removed but traffic was backed up trying to squeeze 3 lanes into two. It was easier to go down to the Airport and take the back roads south,

Nowt lahk local knowledge, eh!

I have been to Phuket a few times,and did not find it morbid at all,

i was been sarcastic ,having a little fun,did you not realise that,don't

take anything to literal on ThaiVisa, like how did you drive past when

the road was blocked.

regards Worgeordie

37 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

You seem to have a morbid interest in everything Phuket- ever thought of visiting so you can comment firsthand?

I drove past this headed north at around 9am and the load was still on the vehicle, albeit shifted slightly. You can see from the photo as well that the load is not scattered across the road. A crane was in position, getting ready to winch the vehicle over. Returning at just after 11 the road seemed to be partly open as the detour signs had been removed but traffic was backed up trying to squeeze 3 lanes into two. It was easier to go down to the Airport and take the back roads south,

See the source image

I don't know about a blowout but the tires look awfully bald to me . And I am talking about all 20 that can be seen , cant see the ones on the steer but would imagine they are the same which will cause this kind of accident . Did notice one of the rhr trailer tyres seem to have an air blister which would cause a blowout at some time in the not to distant future .

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I think Colin was having a play on words in his  particular comment !!

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I have been to Phuket a few times,and did not find it morbid at all,

i was been sarcastic ,having a little fun,did you not realise that,don't

take anything to literal on ThaiVisa, like how did you drive past when

the road was blocked.

regards Worgeordie

Perhaps he was driving North on the north bound carriage.  Not blocked.

27 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Perhaps he was driving North on the north bound carriage.  Not blocked.

like I said don't take everything you read on ThaiVisa literally,the Headline says road blocked,

which it is,from the photo,but maybe he went on the grass, 

regards worgeordie

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

like I said don't take everything you read on ThaiVisa literally,the Headline says road blocked,

regards worgeordie

As already pointed out to you and as written in the article, North bound lane was open.

Now I think Psimbo is overdoing it a bit, like in this thread, but he does have a point that in many threads TVF members are commenting on Phuket forum with Phuket specific threads without any Phuket knowledge.

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

'went on the grass' I didn't think the prime minister was there?

Archived