Want facts verified

1 hour ago, SailingHome said:

ok. so as a married man in Thailand married to A Thai, i need to show 65k transferred here monthly frome

a another country?

Min 40K. 

You only need transfers for a couple of months for the first year extension. After that you need to show Transfers every month prior to the second/subsequent extensions.

1 hour ago, SailingHome said:

I am from USA. Transferwise is in Brittain. Does the money have to come from USA?

All that’s important is the transfers come from abroad. Immigration will want confirmation of the foreign transfers from your receiving bank in Thailand.

24 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

OK. But transferwise has no USA balances, so do I pick Thai? Then I instruct them to send it to my Thailand account but use the New York routing code?

You would give them the SWIFT code for your bank here. They do not do domestic transfers.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would give them the SWIFT code for your bank here. They do not do domestic transfers.

Bangkok Bank only has one swift code, true? Also, which payment choice do I make? Should the payee be the local bank?

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I'll add that when using TransferWise, to avoid hassles and a possible refusal for your next extension, it should be coded as an FTT in your bank book (passbook).  This is accomplished by transferring it to your "Bangkok Bank" account and making sure that you always scroll down and click on the option "Funds For Long Term Stay in Thailand" as the "reason" for sending the money.

23 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

FYI I tried international wire from Bangkok Bank, and my bank will not SWIFT international.

Just log onto TransferWise and click on "add recipient".  This recipient would be you and then add your Bank Account info in Thailand.  (they would also need to know the banking info of your USA bank - your banks name and address, routing number and account number etc).

After that you simply click on send money (USD to Thai Baht), click on the amount you wish to send, click on the recipient (you) and then select a reason for sending money ("Funds For Long Term Stay in Thailand").  After that just click on "direct debit" and the money will be in your account in a few business days (the funds have to be received at the TransferWise HQ in the U.K. first).

Edited by MeePeeMai

2 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

OK... so I guess I have to do it 6x a month since I can only get a limited debit amount each day

Thanks for all the help!

Who is limiting your daily debit amount?  Your bank??

I have sent more than $5000.00 on several occasions, always send more than 65,000 Baht every month and I never had any problems.

Edited by MeePeeMai

6 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

See picture. None work.

Something is not right with your account.  Did you sign up for the TransferWise Borderless Account?   I do not have or use their borderless account. 

Mine does not show a balance as yours does on the bottom of the page (where it says that your Balance = 0 USD).

TransferWise has good customer service.  I had a problem when I first setup my account (using my iphone) so I called them and they walked me though it using my laptop (they said that some have reported trouble when signing up on a mobile phone).

I think that you must have signed up for a borderless account, is that right?

Edited by MeePeeMai

6 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Something is not right with your account.  Did you sign up for the TransferWise Borderless Account?   I do not have or use their borderless account. 

Mine does not show a balance as yours does on the bottom of the page (where it says that your Balance = 0 USD).

TransferWise has good customer service.  I had a problem when I first setup my account (using my iphone) so I called them and they walked me though it using my laptop (they said that some have reported trouble when signing up on a mobile phone).

I think that you must have signed up for a borderless account, is that right?

No clue. I will call them.