Every morning there is a lot of air in my waterpipes

MoD1977

Hi,

the problem started about 2 weeks ago when the Waterpump stopped working over night.

I woke up in the morning and realized that there is no water in the taps.

I checked the pump and it was very hot. Switched it off for a while to cool down and then it worked for half a day before it doesn't switch of.

My first idea was that it doesnt get enough water and I checked the footvalve in my underground tank.

It was very corroded and the spring was missing (rotten away). So I replaced it with a new one.

Since then the Pump working ok put it takes longer to build up the presure to switch of and evey morning we have a lot of air trapped in our watersystem.

I drained the pump,primed it again and released all the air around the house and garden from taps, showers and toilets but it's still the same every morning (no problem at daytime).

Does anyone have an idea what the Problem can be?

Maybe the presure switch or the Airvalve or is the pump on it's last legs?

I have a Mitsubishi WP-305QS Waterpump (4 years old) in a 2 story house with 6 bathrooms and a pool.

Would be great if someone has a advise what to do.

thanks

MoD

I think I found the problem.

It looks like the plug on top of the pipe from the Tank had an air leak.

I seald it with new teflon band and the pump runs a lot smoother now, shuts of sooner and havent noticed any air in the pipes today.

Fingers crossed that it is solved.

Thanks for your input.

2 minutes ago, MoD1977 said:

I think I found the problem.

It looks like the plug on top of the pipe from the Tank had an air leak.

I seald it with new teflon band and the pump runs a lot smoother now, shuts of sooner and havent noticed any air in the pipes today.

Fingers crossed that it is solved.

Thanks for your input.

Are you talking about the valve at the tank discharge?  Between the tank and the pump?  If there was any leak there, it would be water.  How did you determine an air leak?  The usual cause of air in the pipes is from a pressure drop (no water coming in) and a tap is opened (no water comes out but air gets sucked in).  I'm guessing your problem is not at the pump or tank but with the mains pressure dropping off and a faulty NRV or incorrect setup of the "bypass".

2 hours ago, MoD1977 said:

I'm talking about the pipe from the underground Tank to the pump inlet.

On top of this pipe is a plug what you use to prime the pump before you switch it on.

I wrapped this plugs thread in new teflontape and have no problems anymore.

Perfect, glad it worked out for you.

Archived