BANGKOK
magmur

Is there any help in Pattaya to seriously stop smoking?

After 6 heart attacks and smoking a hundred a day a little light came on that said STOP! After all of my first five attacks in the week that followed I didn't have a cigarette or even think of having one! Every time I went out and found a friend that smoked and viola! started again.

What stopped me from smoking and stopped the pain for the first week was simply that I was on oxygen! Here in Thailand you can go to your local chemist shop, rent a bottle of oxygen, buy a mask, tune the flow to about 2 litres an hour sit back and read a book or drink a beer. While you are on Oxygen you will not even think about cigs! Remember, after 5 days the addiction is gone! what you have to beat is the little voice in your head that drives you to visit your friends who smoke! Remember that 1 cigarette is too many, you must forever say "I don't smoke"! The taste of a cigarette will catch you off guard at almost every time you have a cup of tea or coffee or beer, say to your neighbour "wow! I have just had the most amazing craving for a smoke...good thing I don't smoke any more"!!!! Chock Dee!

• Like 2

I had acupuncture to stop smoking. Small patch in each ear for a few weeks. I noticed a big difference within minutes. I was also taking Zyban for a week prior, and 3 weeks after. Never smoked again. I had tried every way possible, and none worked but this. That was nearly 30 years ago.

• Like 1

I found smoking easy to stop once I decided to do it. The real hard thing was seriously wanting to stop. Once you have cracked that (and you have) I found the rest easy.

Well done, dont give up, you are way past the difficult stage.

• Like 2

After many unsuccessful attempts I finally succeeded with the help of Champix - contact your doctor or hospital and check how to get Champix and follow the instructions - you will succeed as well - good luck!  

• Like 1

just get over the first the first 3-4 days. exercise and keep your self busy. when you up for a smoke do something. It's all about motivition!! You can do it..Good luck!

• Like 1

Just light one up. You know you want to, and you know you will soon enough. 

My advice if you wanna stop smoking is to realize all the people you are harming and making smell your habit around you. If that does not stop you maybe you and the cigs deserve each other. 

• Sad 3

12 hours ago, giddyup said:

I finally quit about 7 years ago after a lifetime of smoking and many previous attempts to quit, and can say for me there was only one way and that was cold turkey and determination. Any previous attempts using crutches like patches, gum etc didn't work, as long as you are using nicotine in one form or another you will still have the habit. I think in the end I was totally committed and realised if I didn't quit I could start suffering serious health issues.

I agree I tried every thing to stop,like you did but at the end I went cold turkey and stopped.

And I haven't touched a cigi for 10 years now.

• Like 2

Hi Magmur .............. I never thought I'd ever stop. Then one day my son said to me "Please stop smoking Daddy". He been to kindergarten & evidently they were told about smoking. At the time I thought it to be little too young for youngsters to grasp the dangers of smoking, but I was wrong. I asked him why & he replied that he wanted me to live a long time & see him finish school so he could take care of me when I was very old! It really struck home ........ so I promised & you can't lie to your child. I had to keep my promise, hence it was a no brainer for me.

I think if you have something that matters the most in the world then use that to combat the addiction. I just made my mind up to quit & never looked back, didn't miss it for a minute once I focussed on my reason for doing so. Good luck ....... hope it works as easy for you as it did me. Cheers.

Edited by Daveyh
  • Like 1

this trick required very little in the form of willpower.

first i spoiled myself on really nice cigars that i cant get in thailand,

then i transitioned to snus that i order from siamsnus,

at all time no cigarette at all.

it still happen that i crave smoking, but i sure dont crave a nasty cigarette,

i long for a nice sweet cigar, but alas, all i got is snus,

and i dont need many of them either, maybe 4 a day.

it helps and for me is required that i dont drink beer during this time

if i dont have cigars to go with the drinks, the two are too closely interrelated