Opinion: Pattaya's bar and nightlife image is dead - operators must change or face extinction

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

The bars don't need to change, the rules and enforcement need to change - back to what they were a decade or more ago. Remember fun?

But if the bars don't have the same attractive girls anymore as back then, what now in future?

There is much more to the "bar's as we know it more than a decade ago" story ... other than only rules and enforcement.

The girls are not the same anno 2020 ... they all got a mobile in their hands, and they know what to do with it ????

And I say, kudos to them.

Don't open a new Bar in 2020 and try the same old same old with older ladies and play connect 4 ... it will not work anymore

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Pattaya's decline must be confusing for young underage girls being pushed by their parents to go forth and send back money...

That's why an amnesty has been offered to the thousands working illegally in South Korea.... trade has shifted overseas.

19 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Not many people need pushing out of the hell that is village life. The cities function as a liberating experience for the girls and they benefit enormously,  as do we. Your comment regarding underage girls is nonsense.  Pattaya nightlife is highly policed. Unlike the in the UK where child sex abuse has gone unhindered,  with the knowledge of the police for decades. Start by googling Rotherham.

Village life is far from hell (I find it absolutely marvellous) but people leave the countryside to seek employment just as they do in many countries as an economic necessity. 

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Dude you were not there, I was from the first scream that woke me up next door. Why are you lying? There were quickly 100 spectators alone and you picked 20 hotel guests , news crews arrived AFTER nearly all were evacuated...Some of your posts are cringe worthy

Not nice holiday for you since you’re coming from smokey Bangkok to end up besides another fire in Pattaya.

Oh well at least you’re used to the fumes.

20 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Two for one places where you are charged twice the price for one beer and get the second one for free....whether you want it or not. Billabong and Triangle spring to mind. Rip off.

Do not know if Triangle has changed, but before it was 90 baht for San Mig, get second free, ie 45 baht per bottle, price in 7-11 is 44 baht. How they managed to stay in business making 1 baht profit is still beyond me, unless its a cashflow model, money always floats around just no profit is being made

Seems all according to plan. After the farang vacate and take the sleaze with them Pattaya will be on its way to being returned to the Thai. All the condo infrastructure is waiting, mass transportation planned both in Pattaya and along Eastern Corridor. Assembly plants built between Pattaya and Rayong. Shipping out of Lam Chabang.

Pattaya is in the process of being reborn.

All that adult scene is controlled by local police. At the national level they won't shed a tear for businesses going under, especially farang sex related businesses and farang restaurants.

Trouble is for the singlet brigade the plans don't include them. You'll all have to take your b30 flip flops to Chaing Mai.

Indians pretty sad what they'll accept but actually if they could get the sewage in the water and the chaos on the water resolved the bay is quite nice.

If you're here for cheap living, girls and alcohol that ended last decade. Wake up and move elsewhere.

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

don't have the same attractive girls anymore

The girls in Pattaya were never especially attractive. I lived there arguably in it's heyday. I know.

The girls all have mobiles....they had them then as well. Quite easy to get a shortlist of favorites. The only girls I'd ever bar fined were friends that I wanted to give a bit of holiday or rest to. Sometimes we'd all go partying on Pattaya beach or in Ban Sare. Like that.

Change comes from the top, and City Hall have to step up to the plate and redefine Pattaya going into the future.

The City of Pattaya is an old, sad, and dirty City that  needs massive capital inflows into its Infrastructure, and it has to be given an " Identity "

OK, you could say that Pattaya already has an " Identity ", but thats the one that appears to be fading fast.

Its time for some serious thinking and action from the top

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Do not know if Triangle has changed, but before it was 90 baht for San Mig, get second free, ie 45 baht per bottle, price in 7-11 is 44 baht. How they managed to stay in business making 1 baht profit is still beyond me, unless its a cashflow model, money always floats around just no profit is being made

130 baht. No options for buying a single bottle. 130 baht to drink one bottle, outrageous. 65 baht/ bottle if you drink 2, similar to other bars in the area.

I only drink burbon and assumed that it wasn't part of the deal. Wrong, all drinks subject to the same scam. Had to drink 2 burbons.

4 hours ago, RedPill said:

I only thought it was always funny to park a car in Action Street without Action.

Location is ok, you can walk into other bars around from there.

Mostly massage shops plus the odd empty bar. Maybe thats your style but no way I would waste 5 minutes around that area, to many great bars to choose from in Patts. Relax bro and enjoy it we are all different

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

The girls all have mobiles....they had them then as well. Quite easy to get a shortlist of favorites

Yep, I get what you say, the favorite list. But that's not what is happening.

Back in the hey days, as you say,  ... the mobile phones where there to keep a contact list

... a bit boring low season and you would get sudden random text messages from girls you have met before. 

You are part of that contact list ... which got played up and down.

But that's not what's happening today.

Today, they use their phones to 'actively' market themselves online to get 'new' customers/boyfriends etc. 

However you want to call it.

No need for them to hang around in a bar all day long anymore ...

Wait for 5G, it even will get better 5555

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

130 baht. No options for buying a single bottle. 130 baht to drink one bottle, outrageous. 65 baht/ bottle if you drink 2, similar to other bars in the area.

I only drink burbon and assumed that it wasn't part of the deal. Wrong, all drinks subject to the same scam. Had to drink 2 burbons.

Do I have this right? Complaining over 65b well drink and bourbon no less.

What sort of bourbon are they pouring for house drinks in Thailand?

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Seems all according to plan. After the farang vacate and take the sleaze with them Pattaya will be on its way to being returned to the Thai. All the condo infrastructure is waiting, mass transportation planned both in Pattaya and along Eastern Corridor. Assembly plants built between Pattaya and Rayong. Shipping out of Lam Chabang.

All that adult scene is controlled by local police. At the national level they won't shed a tear for businesses going under, especially farang sex related businesses and farang restaurants.

Trouble is for the singlet brigade the plans don't include them. You'll all have to take your b30 flip flops to Chaing Mai.

Indians pretty sad what they'll accept but actually if they could get the sewage in the water and the chaos on the water resolved the bay is quite nice.

If you're here for cheap living, girls and alcohol that ended last decade. Wake up and move elsewhere.

Blather 

7 hours ago, RedPill said:

They talked about demolishing the water front buildings on Walking Street 20 years ago?

Ok, I never heard it until, you know ... a certain regime got into powers.

But I stand corrected, of course ????

558660240_ScreenShot2019-12-15at19_45_35.png.640cddd1b492af5ed11956f843ddbdda.png

7 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

I’ve stated this before, and I’ll state it again:  the current regime has chosen hot money inflows, submarines and now bullet trains—in lieu of a stable, competitive Baht.  So tourism, exports and a vibrant economy take a back seat.  Buckle up, Thailand, you’re going downhill fast.

Or put another way, monotonously and thrice daily since Adam was a lad.....

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

They must have changed owners and pricing, i remember it was changing hands. Before it was 90 baht for San Mig, for 2 bottles, same with all other drinks, Bourbon from memory was 110-120 baht for 2.

Place was always packed, but as i mentioned, i think it was cash flow model, looked great on the books, but 1 baht profit per sale

On 12/14/2019 at 7:32 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Pattaya's decline must be confusing for young underage girls being pushed by their parents to go forth and send back money...

Once the Chinese have overrun Thai tourism, all those splay toed women from the northeast will have nowhere to go and no market to sell to. 

The Chinese don't find them attractive, at all. 

The Thai girls on offer will become younger, whiter and will not cater to the few remaining farang here. 

20 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

And your point is?

Perhaps punters know the whole act is paying for sex with a prostitute but prefer the charade of chatting and taking a girl from a beer bar and the gfe,I find gentlemen's clubs ok occasionally for a laugh with a couple of mates but not where i,d want to hire a ho.

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Bet you,'re a barrel of laughs to go out for a light ale with.

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Perhaps punters know the whole act is paying for sex with a prostitute but prefer the charade of chatting and taking a girl from a beer bar and the gfe,I find gentlemen's clubs ok occasionally for a laugh with a couple of mates but not where i,d want to hire a ho.

The busness model of GCs isn't to take girls off the premises. similar to Soi 6. try Babylon on a Friday night with a couple of mates. Old school.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The busness model of GCs isn't to take girls off the premises. similar to Soi 6. try Babylon on a Friday night with a couple of mates. Old school.

Never realised the finer points of etiquette in hiring a ho,you live and you learn.

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

You might want to consider that one day, you will be a 70 year old drunk! (If you are lucky.)

Also - the usual 70 year old drunk drinks all year round. Not just for a short time like hoiiday making snowflakes.

BTW - I am not 70 years old but I am sometimes drunk.

Let's hope I don't fall into that sinkhole, sitting in front of mikes mall, or cheap Charlie corner, staring into space all day, then searching for a 40 baht meal. Before going back to my $6 k fan room on soi bukow. Living( existing ) the dream ????????????

21 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

and it's an embarassment if you have to bang her

when in the same time she is busy to fill your bin with her vomit

The only advantage is it's a cheap experience, she forgot everything

when she woke up, so i put her in a songteaw with 10 bahts in her hand

to go back in her room in Jomtien

Embarrasment? Sounds like a party to me!

The easy to get tourists, and easy profits are gone. It is a good thing that Thailand

is in the tropics, where the Winter escapes are possible. I can still rent a guest house room for 25 dollars per night, and eat cheaper than I can in Canada, so I will still come to Asia for my escape.

Geezer

Archived