BANGKOK
rooster59

Video: Grab vs "Win" turf wars leaves foreigner dumbfounded!

Video: Grab vs "Win" turf wars leaves foreigner dumbfounded!

vid.JPG

Caption: You wanna be stabbed - foreigner shocked as trouble making "win" confronts Grab

A video doing the rounds of Thai social media showed a motorcycle taxi rider pull out a sword and threaten a Grab rider outside the Indonesian Embassy in Bangkok on Tuesday. 

The "win" rider threatens the Grab rider with being stabbed before the Grag guy races off in fear of his life.

It appears that the Grab rider was called by a tourist who is left confused by what happened. 

He said to the motorcycle taxi rider:

"Why are you doing this? I want to take him. What is wrong?"

The only reply from the jacketed rider is that they don't understand English.

"Why can't I take Grab," the tourist continues as another English speaker suggests he cross the road or take a regular motorcycle taxi. 

To this suggestion the tourist says:

"I don't trust them".

Springnews said that the video was being widely discussed on Thai social media.

Source: Springnews

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-14
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Another tale of the unexpected for a tourist to tell his friends back home. If this happened in Vietnam, Malaysia etc, the police would go mental 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

That is the main issue. Also when companies like Grab have monopolized and taken over, prices will go up, service will go down and they will pay their riders/drivers less. They only care about their shareholders and fiancers. And before anyone starts crying, that doesn't mean I am codoning the actions of the guy in the video, he is an idiot for pulling out the sword. 

In Indonesia Grab takes around 30% of the fare. But there the "taxi" guys are not organized or government "supervised". 

30% seems a lot for what is no more than an updated taxi radio despatch system.  

• Confused 1

Just now, lemonjelly said:

Another tale of the unexpected for a tourist to tell his friends back home. If this happened in Vietnam, Malaysia etc, the police would go mental 

It happened to my friend in Vietnam. He arrived to his destination and a mob of taxi driver extracted the driver and started beating him. 

58 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

It happened to my friend in Vietnam. He arrived to his destination and a mob of taxi driver extracted the driver and started beating him. 

Blimey, I stand corrected. I thought this kind of malarkey only went on in Thailand. 

It's quite simple.

Orange vest motorbike taxi rip off foreigner.

GRAB bike charge fair price.

Charge the same fair price / market rate and orange vest guys will win back the grab taxi customers!

Double your price and customers will choose the cheaper and friendlier option!

Time to wake up!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

I use Grab bikes regularly here in Vietnam, never had a problem. The regular motorbike taxis rip farangs off, Grab doesn't. Fair pricing, always have change. Never witnessed any altercation with regular taxis, so I find your story hard to believe. 

Yes did not happen to you (and me) so it possibly can't happen to anyone. 

Edited by Tayaout