BANGKOK
Thian

can i object a traffic fine?

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

3,000 fine for driving on a highway  sounds like a lot ,if you fight it you might be able to reduce it to "Attempted drive" and reduce the fine. :tongue:

How much did he want for a"Bribe"? I would have told him all I had was 300 bht.

First he wanted 3000, later he asked me to show how much money i had so i showed him like 700...Then he wanted 300, i told him 200...he wanted 300 again, i said okay but then i want a receipt....he refused that...i always hide my big money..

Then the other one told me to go to policestation now together, i said okay but he didn't go...i wanted to call my wife but they also didn't want that. They couldn't speak english and had to use google translate all the time while standing there on the top of the busy ramp.

Now i got the fine and my license back..i will go to pay it but 3000 is too much..i didn't see any sign of that ramp and also didn't know that it was the elevated road for cars only. I didn't want to turn around and drive back against traffic so i just followed the ramp, i thought it would be a U-turn but it wasn't. Yes i was wrong but don't feel like i did anything wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Thian said:

First he wanted 3000, later he asked me to show how much money i had so i showed him like 700...Then he wanted 300, i told him 200...he wanted 300 again, i said okay but then i want a receipt....he refused that...i always hide my big money..

Then the other one told me to go to policestation now together, i said okay but he didn't go...i wanted to call my wife but they also didn't want that. They couldn't speak english and had to use google translate all the time while standing there on the top of the busy ramp.

Now i got the fine and my license back..i will go to pay it but 3000 is too much..i didn't see any sign of that ramp and also didn't know that it was the elevated road for cars only. I didn't want to turn around and drive back against traffic so i just followed the ramp, i thought it would be a U-turn but it wasn't. Yes i was wrong but don't feel like i did anything wrong.

The "bribe" would have being your best option.

Of course he would not give you a receipt. 

I agree with you, 3,000 is way too much, he probably did this to mess with you . If you wife goes to court for you nd claims poverty I am sure they will reduce it significantly, 

• Like 1

My wife asked another policeman for help...he's working on it...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The "bribe" would have being your best option.

Of course he would not give you a receipt. 

I agree with you, 3,000 is way too much, he probably did this to mess with you . If you wife goes to court for you nd claims poverty I am sure they will reduce it significantly, 

Well they could easy see that i'm not poor, everything i was wearing costed more than 3000...and i will pay 3000 if they want and  wouldn't have mentioned it at all if i really did this on purpose. That boronrachadatonni is such a mess and i drove behind a van with broken indicatorlights, the glass was out i noticed, he also didn't use them before he went onto the ramp...there were no signs that i could see, nothing of that...

Oh well, i won't pay them any bribe money but they got nervous after i also started making pictures of them...and they even didn't guide me down the ramp which is very dangerous, i would never ever drive against traffic..but now i understand why the thai all do it when they see police.

It frustrates me that i even can't explain why i ended up there...they can't speak a word english. Even with my driverslicense in front of him on the desk he asked me my name, where i 'm from...that's all on the license...He also asked me how many fines i got...well zero....he didn't understand that...tsss

6 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Hindsight would suggest that you should have paid the bribe, just chalk it off as lesson 

Do you remember when mr Prayuth was new on top? There are huge fines for policemen asking bribes..and this week he said the war on corruption will get a new push.

I will rather pay the fine, no bribes from me for those lazy guys who are the cause of the mess on the roads and all the accidents.

So driving a motocy on the highway is 3000 baht fine, driving without license is 300...driving with licenseplate is 500....taxi's who scam tourists pay 1000....well i never knew they had fines from 3000 baht in thailand.

• Like 1

"can i object a traffic fine?"  We all object to traffic fines !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You have your license, keys, motorcycle already? 

Easy, not pay it. For what? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1