can i object a traffic fine?

Thian

On 12/14/2019 at 7:57 PM, Thian said:

First he wanted 3000, later he asked me to show how much money i had so i showed him like 700...Then he wanted 300, i told him 200...he wanted 300 again, i said okay but then i want a receipt....he refused that...i always hide my big money..

Then the other one told me to go to policestation now together, i said okay but he didn't go...i wanted to call my wife but they also didn't want that. They couldn't speak english and had to use google translate all the time while standing there on the top of the busy ramp.

Now i got the fine and my license back..i will go to pay it but 3000 is too much..i didn't see any sign of that ramp and also didn't know that it was the elevated road for cars only. I didn't want to turn around and drive back against traffic so i just followed the ramp, i thought it would be a U-turn but it wasn't. Yes i was wrong but don't feel like i did anything wrong.

take it as a lesson learned: next time pay the 300.

Customs and convenience ... (consider this rumor, rather than fact:)  Bribes are rumored to be paid in little envelopes along with recording of official documents in official places.   Considering rules of the road and traffic circumstance.  Official traffic Citations, with fines that get paid in official places, the officer that issued the Citation may receive half the amount of the "fine", up to a specified amount of Citations; which once was 2k TBT, the became 10k TBT and not sure what it is currently.  It has been a road courtesy that if the Citing Office would (unseen) receive his 1/2 share, like as a gratuity, then there on the road, then he would not issue the formal Citation, and the offender would be on the road again (quickly) at half the cost; a win, win for all involved.  The Officer would get his/her share and still have that much in official citations to write.  

11 hours ago, Thian said:

So you support and cooperate with corruption just to save 100 euro? Well i 'm proud to say that i'm not a cheapskate as you mate, i have morals and money.

And bribing an officer is very illegal, just so you know it.

Your remark to me just shows how right I am about you, and believe it or not even the Thai police understand your personality!

It is not support and cooperate with corruption if you can comprehend as I noted to you " time and place " but I guess you just want to be so right to a point you let a 300 fine turn into 3000 and what you are going through.

It is about sucking it up picking and choosing when to fight not being a cheapskate  or lacking in morals and when it comes to money I can most likely buy you ten times over but in this particular situation if I had wrongly driven up the ramp and got stopped once the the fine was reduced to 300 baht I would have called it a day and move on instead of writing about your morals and money how is that working out for you right now?  My final word " Grow up " having a penis doesn't make you a man!

10 hours ago, Thian said:

I don't pay bribes to police....period. And i want a receipt.

Also i don't understand why i had to drive down the ramp against traffic, i got the fine already so why not let me go over the highway even if i didn't want to go there over the river..When you get a fine for not wearing a helmet you can drive without the rest of the day.

That is pretty much your problem.  As you described not a U-Turn then at the top it is an expressway or toll road in which you have to pay a toll to continue to the other side ( not a U-Turn ) therefore most likely no ramp to come down as you yourself noted not a U turn!  you would have had to grab a slip at the booth, go down the other end paid the toll and reverse direction and by reversing direction you would have to go up a ramp ( hope no police at top again asking for another 3000 baht? ) 

Although it was unsafe the police was doing you a favor going back down the ramp!????‍✈️????

18 hours ago, Thian said:

It's weird that he gave my license back but he did that after i showed him the sticker on my helmet from where i live.

Well if i have to pay 3000 baht i will bring it in 1 baht coins...

It is not weird that they gave you your license back. It is a new law and according to it they are not allowed to keep your driving license anymore. 

In respect of 1 Baht coins. For sure it is meant as joke but many countries have laws until what amount payments can be made with coins.

I got pulled with an out of date IDP. First the cop wanted 500, os said it would be 1000Bht at the station. Unwilling to line his pocket and give him anything out of it I demanded a ticket. He gave me one saying OK, you pay at station, 1000Bht - it was 300!

High figure is just a scare tactic????

Archived