BANGKOK
Muppet2019

Thai Embassy Hanoi intimidating questions?

If you had gone to other places with amount of time spent in Los and being your second application for setv in Hanoi, then thinking you were lucky to obtain one. Try that in Cambodia and see how it goes. Obtain an METV if you wish to stay 6 months+

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Caldera said:

don't want to be seen as a destination of choice for visa runners / repeat applicants.

I think you are spot on.  The fear is this is already happening in Savanakhet and I'd imagine Hanoi is tightening up.

17 hours ago, Muppet2019 said:

Anyway made me think and very much doubt I will come for a long term or even short holiday again, especially when Vietnam and Cambodia are so welcoming and a lot cheaper.

Wise decision.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

I think the term "holiday maker" vs "long term visitor" needs better defining by the Thai Govt (perhaps).  If I am coming here for 3 weeks or even 3 months, staying in a hotel (or with a friend) and not working .... to many that is a "holiday maker".  

Frankly, I don't know why the Thai Govt just doesn't charge X Baht for a 6 month or 12 month multi entry visa at the start and be done with it vs having me (for example) go to Laos and pay the Consulate there .... 

Go to Phillipines you be welcomed there for long term !

7 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

They fear that u coming for one of those well sought 300 bht a day jobs?

They pay a lot of the Burmese here in Mae Sot less than half that a day -_- from what I'm seeing. 

5 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Go to Phillipines you be welcomed there for long term !

I don't need to.  I'm here on a non-o and work outside of Thailand as a consultant.  

However, it works simply be easier if the Govt has different types of visas under a broader spectrum.  Like I said, having me pay for the visa at the Consulate vs at Immigration in country is silly.  Nevermind the issue of every consulate setting their own rules.  

• Like 1