Bangkok unrest

johnmcc6

It only took 1 hour. And when looking at the photos there were maybe 1000 people, maybe more. You cannot call it large scale protests. 

Could it have consequences if you participate in protests as a foreigner? I feel a moral responsibility. Complaining on a forum is useless if you are not willing to contribute on the streets.

14 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

Some news sources

Such as?

I can't find anything apart from reports of the rally earlier today, which was just a thousand or so brave souls. It was publicized well ahead, was widely reported, and certainly could not be described as a large scale protest.

3 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

Could it have consequences if you participate in protests as a foreigner? I feel a moral responsibility. Complaining on a forum is useless if you are not willing to contribute on the streets.

Terrible idea. The presence of well-meaning foreigners opens the protestors to accusations of being funded by foreign powers hostile to Thailand.

It is also very likely to lead to problems if you are here on any sort of visa.

25 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

It only took 1 hour. And when looking at the photos there were maybe 1000 people, maybe more. You cannot call it large scale protests. 

Foreigners from the Kao San Rd helped man the yellow shirt barricades at Asoke. Useful idiots!

35 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Such as?

I can't find anything apart from reports of the rally earlier today, which was just a thousand or so brave souls. It was publicized well ahead, was widely reported, and certainly could not be described as a large scale protest.

https://www.facebook.com/VoiceOnlineTH/videos/714368709072486/

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

there is a law that says Farangs can't attend political protests. It is illegal. 

There was once a law that said it was illegal to have a coup and seize control of the country.So technically any laws enacted by people who broke that law are null and void.

Archived