Jump to content
BANGKOK
johnmcc6

Bangkok unrest

Recommended Posts

Some news sources are reporting large scale protests in Bangkok against government policies. Nothing so far. in Bangkok post Fake news???

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It only took 1 hour. And when looking at the photos there were maybe 1000 people, maybe more. You cannot call it large scale protests. 

 

Could it have consequences if you participate in protests as a foreigner? I feel a moral responsibility. Complaining on a forum is useless if you are not willing to contribute on the streets.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

Some news sources


Such as?

I can't find anything apart from reports of the rally earlier today, which was just a thousand or so brave souls. It was publicized well ahead, was widely reported, and certainly could not be described as a large scale protest.

 

Edited by donnacha
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

It only took 1 hour. And when looking at the photos there were maybe 1000 people, maybe more. You cannot call it large scale protests. 

 

Could it have consequences if you participate in protests as a foreigner? I feel a moral responsibility. Complaining on a forum is useless if you are not willing to contribute on the streets.

Foreigners from the Kao San Rd helped man the yellow shirt barricades at Asoke. Useful idiots!

Edited by sunnyboy2018
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, donnacha said:


Such as?

I can't find anything apart from reports of the rally earlier today, which was just a thousand or so brave souls. It was publicized well ahead, was widely reported, and certainly could not be described as a large scale protest.

 

https://www.facebook.com/VoiceOnlineTH/videos/714368709072486/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

screen capture from the facebook stream.

this is the widest shot i could find.

p1Capture.JPG

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

screen capture from the facebook stream.

this is the widest shot i could find.

p1Capture.JPG

That's a picture of the holiday inn fire on soi big cow.

high season is here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

there is a law that says Farangs can't attend political protests. It is illegal. 

There was once a law that said it was illegal to have a coup and seize control of the country.So technically any laws enacted by people who broke that law are null and void.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a topic about this that is running outside of the Chiang Mai forum:

 

 

 

//Closed//

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...