Sorry, But It's Time To Leave

PhonThong

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2019 at 11:08 PM, kingofthemountain said:

out of curiosity

can i ask you where is this new paradise?

Many of us would like to know. Then there will be an avalanche of applications to that country but I doubt he will tell. 

14 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Thank you for your honesty. I suspect finances is the main reason many leave but won't admit it. Can't be losing that stupid face thing, can we?

Many posters have stated that the expense of Thailand is  one of the reasons why they have decided to leave .

On 12/15/2019 at 6:46 AM, Thingamabob said:

I do not find the Thai Immigration authorities any more difficult than most other countries, and a lot easier than many eg USA and UK which are a nightmare.

Interesting question.

The problem I think is that people misuse the words immigrant and expat with regard to Thailand and mystical magical farangland.

Tourist visas for many western countries for Thai women, and let's be honest on TVF thats what we are all talking about, are a crapshoot of unfathomable dimensions in many cases

The difference is where it comes to immigration. Very very few farangs are immigrants to Thailand, you're just long stay tourists, living on a year to year visa extension, hence the ever changing rules, 90 day reports etc etc.

Generally when a Thai wife becomes an immigrant in a western country, yeah it's a hassle to go through the process, I think the Brits have it the worst, but once they are permanent residents, they have in all practical senses the same rights as a citizen.

So I wouldn't exactly characterize it as a Nightmare  

3 hours ago, CH1961 said:

But you will still posting on TV, do you? 

Seems like most continue to do so. I enjoy it. I like to see their comparisons. For me I think it's a mindset more than anything. All the headaches and red tape are worth it to me. I just tell myself it's a fair trade off to avoid Montreal winters 

4 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Is the pollution really that bad?

I was in BKK in October and I didn't notice it.

The air seemed the same as 5-10 years ago when I live in Bangkok

And I just checked the real-tine air pollution map (waqi.info) and Bangkok's air quality rating is basically the same as where I am now (which seems ok)

13 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

And I just checked the real-tine air pollution map (waqi.info) and Bangkok's air quality rating is basically the same as where I am now (which seems ok)

Well, don't go ahead and do anything sensible now! And goodness, do not bring up any good points!

There are some Thailand's days are numbered discussions going on here, how dare you deny those of their daily whine and complain allotment. 

Archived