Sorry, But It's Time To Leave

PhonThong

58 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

thats just ridiculous.

the bloke has posted a very reasonable point of view, but there is always some smart alec trying to be funny.

I agree with him, the pollution is terrible.  Its even awful in Hua Hin, close to the sea, the index was worse than CM over the recent days.

I just returned from my home in Spain, and I have to say, the air quality is miles better than here, and apart from utilities and rental prices, pretty much cheaper than here.

May I ask why you moved from Spain to Thailand, if the air, weather and cost of living is favorable?  I've noticed a few others flee to Portugal from here, and considered it myself.

ps. nothing wrong with the air quality in Phuket or anywhere in the south. Rent comparable to Chiang mai, and a plate of chicken curry can still be had for 40baht.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

For the OP

what was your initial visa? O or OA

for now only the OA and OA based extension of stay are concerned by the mandatory insurance.

If you are married to a Thai, you can also go to a marriage visa, and you can avoid the mandatory

insurance and keep ''only'' 400 000 in the bank. (And not 800 000)

For the air pollution yes it's a real issue

some area are more polluted than others

Phuket or Hua hin are less impacted than Chiang mai or Bangkok.

Anyway good luck with your changes, it's not easy to do the good choices 

The deposit for a Philippines Retirement Visa, age 50 and above, with a pension, is US $10,000 which can also be used as a deposit on a property.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

52 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

This sort of thing is not infrequently posted but I've yet to find evidence of any agent that will do a retirement extension for that price, perhaps you could expand on that claim?

Depends where you live. In Pattaya its 13k if you already have a Bangkok Bank account or 14k to help ease the process to open one.

45 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Agree that air pollution in most of Thailand spoils the fun.  We have a small 2.5 pollution sensor.  When we see above 25 reading—we head for the coast.  Will not be trapped by burning season.

Any link to what ans where to get a proper pollution sensor? 

Don't be sorry. Be happy. There are so many beautiful places to start new. I missed the jump off point and am tied down and too ill. Stupid me. Would give a lot to turn the clock back. 

Best of luck and let us know where you end up. You will love the air... I was so surprised to see how the world looks in clean air and how my body appreciated it a few years back in Europe. MS>

1 hour ago, kevinmartyn said:

Still not figured out what the 800,000 ina Thai bank is all about and ive been in Thailand 14 years.

I cant figure out your comment. How do you manage to live here for 14 years if you dont use money in the bank or income method?

7 minutes ago, jimn said:

I cant figure out your comment. How do you manage to live here for 14 years if you dont use money in the bank or income method?

I believe he is talking about the reasoning behind having 800K in the bank.

Thank you. I wish you and your wife every happiness in your future away from here. Personally I am nearly 70 and have had no problem whatsoever with Immigration and in the 14 years I have been here I have lived in Bangkok then Phuket then Singburi and all have been informative and helpful immigration staff. Regards the health I have never had an issue though central Bangkok does get to me when we visit on hot days. Apart from that I would not want to live anywhere else. Anyway have a good journey and a good future. Good luck

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:
6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't get me wrong , and I don't condone the users, but all this moaning when you can get an agent to do it for 13 or 14 k a year

This sort of thing is not infrequently posted but I've yet to find evidence of any agent that will do a retirement extension for that price, perhaps you could expand on that claim?

I didn't think anyone would be able to put their money where their mouth was!

Archived