Sorry, But It's Time To Leave

PhonThong

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

At least 2 people have but you won't accept it because they've urinated on your bonfire.

No one has mentioned a name.  Go on, name one that'll do it at the claimed price and I'd be happy to see you extinguish, what you see as, "my bonfire".

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

No one has mentioned a name.  Go on, name one that'll do it at the claimed price and I'd be happy to see you extinguish, what you see as, "my bonfire".

You first. Name an agent, in Pattaya, that is willing to do a dodgy retirement extension for someone who doesn't live in Chonburi.

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

You first. Name an agent, in Pattaya, that is willing to do a dodgy retirement extension for someone who doesn't live in Chonburi.

"Dodgy" implies illegal, discussing illegal activity on the forum is not permitted. 

To say nothing of the defamation (potential) if you then add a name to it.

I suggest you either stop, or revert to PM to discuss that any further, please.

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Sorry, I asked that very same question many posts ago (although I didn't mention "dodgy") and couple of people said there were some that did it at B13k but no one could actually name one.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Sorry, I asked that very same question many posts ago (although I didn't mention "dodgy") and couple of people said there were some that did it at B13k but no one could actually name one.

Please read CharlieH's post and then you will understand why. End of conversation.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

The interesting thing about these types of threads are the posters who tell us they have already left Thailand  but continue to post on the forum, in some cases for years, after they have left.

Why do they do it? Any advice or information that may have will be well and truly out of date anyway.

Have they in some strange way formed a perceived bond with random internet posters? Or are they admitting subliminally that they made the wrong decision to leave and are now trapped and cannot reverse that decision?

Why do people need to announce ' I am leaving'? Are they that self-centred that they actually think anyone actually cares. Just go...

In the same vein , why don't new arrivals felt the need to sign up to the forum and announce their arrival so that we can all share their joy and happiness? Probably for the same reason.....nobody cares.

How would you feel if you found out that nobody read your posts?

Wife and I spent 4 nights holiday in Da Nang last month. There is much building going on there. Someone is investing there big time and expecting an increase in visitors. I am a USA citizen and currently on a multi-entry non-O visa based on marriage, but Da Nang is now my Plan B if staying in Thailand long term goes tits up.

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Please read CharlieH's post and then you will understand why. End of conversation.

But if you refrain from using the word 'dodgy' then it's OK to keep discussing ad nauseum. The suggestion that any of these procedures are 'dodgy' exists only in the minds of those who feel that their own decision to be 100% in compliance with the rules is somewhat diminished.

FWIW, there's plenty anecdotal evidence that some guys that don't live within the Jomtien Immigration office's jurisdiction do get their extensions facilitated there.

No, no... don't bother to demand names here. I could tell you but then I would probably have to kill you.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

But if you refrain from using the word 'dodgy' then it's OK to keep discussing ad nauseum. The suggestion that any of these procedures are 'dodgy' exists only in the minds of those who feel that their 100% compliance with the rules is somewhat diminished.

FWIW, there's plenty anecdotal evidence that some guys that don't live within the Jomtien Immigration office's jurisdiction do get their extensions facilitated there.

No, no... don't bother to demand names here. I could tell you but then I would probably have to kill you.

Not a problem...

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Basically the OP is getting old and wants to go home.

After reading the OP and then his subsequent responses I agree. Nothing wrong with it. We all make choices based on our needs and expectations.

Who knows maybe when I am much older my wife and I will move back to the U.S. 

Wish you the best OP. 

2 minutes ago, JAFO said:

After reading the OP and then his subsequent responses I agree. Nothing wrong with it. We all make choices based on our needs and expectations.

Who knows maybe when I am much older my wife and I will move back to the U.S. 

Wish you the best OP. 

We’re all just frogs in a pot of water slowing heating up.  We can hop out anytime—but we stay and adjust to hotter and hotter water...

10 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

We’re all just frogs in a pot of water slowing heating up.  We can hop out anytime—but we stay and adjust to hotter and hotter water...

Obviously we all have choices. I choose to live and call Thailand home. But then again I do not experience any of the problems most go on and on about here on TVF. It all boils down to where a person lives and their expectations. I guess i'd leave too if I was saddled with all the bad things that all the posters go on and on about here albeit my personal opinion is that many post all the bad stuff because they are bored and have little to do. ????. Its easy to complain.

I guess if your big day is a butterball turkey, a kebab, cheap cheese, and <deleted> beer Thailand isn't for you. . My life in Thailand is simple but when I feel like it I can have more than a few drinks with out worrying about it, I can round up s few friends to do things with. I do not spend my day worrying about what I cannot control, pollution, immigration rules, and the bars being closed at odd hours. Any interprising person will always figure out a way around the rules. Go back to the states to live no way.

10 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Now my healthcare coverage is assured...I have eaten rice only once since returning to civilization...my favorite wine is less than $3 per litre and I am in full OD mode with American college and pro football.

So what is the point in even commenting if you are not even in Thailand?  Cheap wine and football, the American dream come true.

don't mine the finnicial requirements but if the government wants us to anti up then they must improver the quality of life here.  what i mean is, fix the pollution, enforcement of traffic laws, make the sidewalks safe.  not worth it to stay if these problems are not addressed. lots of other countries have better infrastructure and are safer.  saw an ambulance stuck in traffic today,  could have been me.  scary.   what are they doing with all this money anyway?

7 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

What's truly annoying me about Thailand is the air. Maybe spending years in Alaska has spoiled me. But I like taking pictures and gorgeous landscapes are spoiled with smog and particles. And the litter. 

And now I see that politics here is heating up.

I'm not a doom and gloom guy, and only spend the winters here. But I have other options and haven't quite figured out which options to exercise. I doubt I will be in Thailand for the whole winter upcoming in 2020 though. But a month or two in buriram plus a month here in Bangkok would probably be okay.

but I am here till the end of February for sure so might as well have fun. to me though, all of the alleged hassles of Thailand with immigration and so forth pale in comparison to the pollution. I guess it's easier when you're young, my supercilious brat is totally happy in fascist China, Shanghai, although the air there is like mud.

Come on you lions!

18 months ago after living in Thailand for 15 years I took two years out to return home to Europe to where I was born. I had decided it was time to return to the real world to re-establish myself  and provide my son a proper education. He received totally free second level education and on completion 12 months later he was accepted in college where he is on a 4 year computer animation program. The course is essentially free and he is paid €650 a month by the government for the duration of the course. I myself am now paid over €1200 a month pension and provided with a 3 bedroom house and free travel. If I had stayed in Thailand I would have lost all the benefits I paid tax for and my son would have most likely dropped out of college in Thailand or received a diploma that that would hold little benefit outside of Thailand. I can now return to Thailand if and when I wish and have left my son with a home and a chance to improve his life. 

We left 3 years ago with the transition for us being nothing less than amazing. No more superior feeling dolts laughing at us, no more checking in at immigration and being asked ridiculous questions about our money when we were supporting the country by injecting over 100,000 baht per month into their economy. No more bad food even when you shop for premium, no more 3 months of eye watering unhealthy smoke, no more land of stupid. Now we are part of a healthy community and clean environment where everyone greets everyone, food is plentiful and cheap, heath-care is plentiful and affordable, no visa check ins, no requirements other than you have to show one time that you have a means to support yourself, then you are granted a permanent retirement visa with many discounts because we made it this long :<) . No more fear of being thrown out of that hell hole for being anything other than them. Good luck to you in your honest and correct move based on reality not some uninformed smug feeling that you will be safe and the people there are fair-minded. Lets see how that superior race (just ask them) get along when we all find better conditions elsewhere.

Merry Christmas - God the Father is King

19 hours ago, mstevens said:

The pollution alone was enough to make me leave. I knew it was bad but I didn't realise quite how bad until I left. I used to get ill often, even though I lead a healthy lifestyle. Home isn't as exciting or interesting as Thailand, but not getting sick from the pollution was reason enough to leave. No regrets here.

Burning season is getting much worse in intensity, and now duration. The air will be among the worst in the world from December to July apparently.

Archived