BANGKOK
Scott

SURVEY: Raising the speed limit -- Good or Bad?

SURVEY: Raising the speed limit -- Good or Bad?  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The issue of speed limits has been discussed in the past, however, it appears the government may go ahead with the proposal, which would increase it to 120 KPH on some roads with a minimum speed of 80 KPH.   In your opinion which of the following option best expresses your opinion on the issue?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

If the line on his left is free, just do it.

The steering wheel is on the right, the car is set up to overtake on the right, not the left! Lot easier and safer if they just Move!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

When the Thai people learn to follow the road laws and handle their cars in properly then they need proper enforcement on the roads 24/7, then I might say raise the speed limits. First I would think about all the scooters on these narrow roads before doing anything.  

• Like 2

Enforcing traffic laws would be a much better idea.

As much as I'd hate to have to follow western highway codes for fear of getting a ticket, having police enforcement for illegal passing, illegal turning, driving the wrong way on a street, driving on a sidewalk, etc. might do a lot more to improve traffic flow and traffic safety.

• Like 1

the faster I can drive, the less time spent on the roads, the less likely to have an accident...

unfortunately, I drive rather slowly... but it makes it less dangerous to nap at lower speeds. 

• Haha 2

WOW, 120 kph, if it becomes law, you will now see idiots on the road doing 140Kph. Looks like the government want to get rid of some people quick, maybe its a new " How do we reduce the population in Thailand" easy, create more carnage on the roads, that should make the average deaths here rise by at least another 25%. I want some of the drugs these people are taking!