Over 8,000 foreigners have a Thailand Elite Card, surge in applicants in 2019

rooster59

21 minutes ago, dcnx said:

It’s just not a good deal. And when it’s over, you’re right back where you started.

If they want to sweeten the pot and have skyrocketing numbers, give Elite holders a work permit. No hassles, no employees, just a work permit that allows you to legally set up shop in Thailand.

Or, no 90 day reporting / TM30 for Elite holders. Buy a 5 year Elite? See you in 5 years, thank you. No hassle, enjoy your stay.

Here’s a bonus, when one Elite ends, give them a sizable discount for the next one. Say 20% - 25% off. There isn’t any incentive to continue under the current plan. Give them one. Otherwise, when it’s over, it’s over. Right back where you started.

As is, it’s a glorified tourist visa. Calling it “Elite” is laughable.

Small tweaks could make big changes for their program.

Here’s a bonus, when one Elite ends, give them a sizable discount for the next one. Say 20% - 25% off. There isn’t any incentive to continue under the current plan. Give them one. Otherwise, when it’s over, it’s over. Right back where you started.

Hey I thought this one up a few years ago...Not joking........Your right this would be a heck of a good idea.....This would be a huge win-win for both the seller and the buyer.....25% off after every renewal would be sweet after a few decades.....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/17/2019 at 11:45 AM, fforest1 said:

Hey I thought this one up a few years ago...Not joking........Your right this would be a heck of a good idea.....This would be a huge win-win for both the seller and the buyer.....25% off after every renewal would be sweet after a few decades.....

The initial Elite offering was for life... it didn't end (and cost 1MB, $26,000 at the time).

I like the no 90 day reporting, no TM30 and offering Work Permit status for Elite Members - this would perhaps attract a lot more membership. 

I also agree that the Elite name was / is just idiotic - just call it something else like a 'long stay visa' etc... That said, I suspect many of the ill thought out negative comments about the Elite visa are by people who are simply unable to intelligently think past the silly name. No Thai Elite member cares what its called, they just want the Visa and in some cases the perks. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The initial Elite offering was for life... it didn't end (and cost 1MB, $26,000 at the time).

I like the no 90 day reporting, no TM30 and offering Work Permit status for Elite Members - this would perhaps attract a lot more membership. 

I also agree that the Elite name was / is just idiotic - just call it something else like a 'long stay visa' etc... That said, I suspect many of the ill thought out negative comments about the Elite visa are by people who are simply unable to intelligently think past the silly name. No Thai Elite member cares what its called, they just want the Visa and in some cases the perks. 

Agreed, The "Elite" handle sounds a little pretentious,  
something along the lines of Extended Visa XX, etc,

For life should be an option again and / or at least discounted renewal.

From what I have heard the "help" with the 90 day reporting is actually very convenient, as is the fast-tracking thru immigration, customs, etc, when flying in. 

Archived