Thousands join biggest protest for years in Thai capital

rooster59

27 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Democracy might be slightly overrated, as it assumes the participants are mostly honest and actually love their own country and are not "bought and paid for" by a hostile foreign power AHEM.

I'm not sure if democracy does much assuming of participants honesty and love for their country but it does give the people the power to choose which dishonest corrupt lying thieves make the laws for their own behalf whereas a trictatorship denies the people that opportunity as is the case in Thailand. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The young lion will do away with the old lion. This is the natural order of Darwin’s “ survival of the fittest”.  Jai yen yen. The young man is untouchable.Interesting times.  I think  a new 3 finger icon is born. Let cool heads prevail. HK coincidence?

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Did you try linking to The Daily Mail?

For information about this, the thai uncensored ones much better. I read English ones before, have lot of mistake. They not really understand and not know about who is who. 

I think thai name is difficult for caucasion reporter to remember. So they not see how all is link together and the history.

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

For information about this, the thai uncensored ones much better. I read English ones before, have lot of mistake. They not really understand and not know about who is who. 

I think thai name is difficult for caucasion reporter to remember. So they not see how all is link together and the history.

I don't think that you have tried to access the website. It's banned in Thailand, you can't veiw it. The message you get instead of displaying the website is telling.

The opportunity,timing and circumstances are such that it is imperative for the Thais to seize it now. Before the current powers crush in Thanathorn the only leader offering hope ,inspiration and intelligence as an alternative to what this country has had for a very long time. That his backing lies with the youth and the most informed,educated  part of the populace is further encouragement. Just as China is hesitating to crush the rebellion in HK for fear of the consequences from the rest of the world,so Thailand’s rulers have to be wary too,particularly with the headwinds it’s own economy is starting to experience. 

The consequences of this initiative petering out and their  leader being neutered or worse will only give encouragement to the current dinosaurs and discourage further attempts to save Thailand from an inevitable downward political and economic spiral.

The current Politics and Government has to be seen as a joke!

If you speak out the "junta" will send you and your family to the adjustment center. Sad but true.

It was shown just last week by the win of "Boris Johnson" United Kingdoms majority prime minister that was annonced within 48 hours.

Is a corrupt government really the answer

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I don't think that you have tried to access the website. It's banned in Thailand, you can't veiw it. The message you get instead of displaying the website is telling.

Thai policy on public information, same as growing mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and feed them "kee".

3 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Just look at the pictures. Those attending are not the down and out or the poor. Nor Hi-Sos'. They are the people who work for a living, attend college and university and are Thailand's future.  For all his money, I believe Thanathorn really wants to see a real democratic Thailand run by politicians who care for the people rather than themselves and their elite military friends

Let's see.

The main problem which I see with him is that he is willing to work with Thaksin. And I can't believe any honest person would want to work together with Thaksin.

6 hours ago, neeray said:

Ahh, come on. Don't be so cynical. Unlike an army general who desires a high up position to enrich himself, Thanathorn comes to the picture already rich. Heh, he loaned $6.3 million (?) to the party.

IMO, Thanathorn is the real deal. He is what this backwards country needs.

Sounds like an uphill battle for sure. Same one that Trump is going through. The Democrats are used to the corruption and don't want to give it up.

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's see.

The main problem which I see with him is that he is willing to work with Thaksin. And I can't believe any honest person would want to work together with Thaksin.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138664-pheu-thai-party-gives-its-backing-for-thanathorn’s-rally/#comments

To fight a big common enemy , you are bound to some alliances …...

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's see.

There aren't any honest people at any level of power in Thailand, so no problem there.

28 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

the daily mail?? uk daily mail?

i am reading it now on 3bb

its not banned

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

How about you give Thanatorn the benefit of the doubt and judge him based off the content of his character. 

And apparently there was a good mix of people there yesterday. Not just mostly the young, but also equally as many middle-aged and older people. 

Yes, let's see.

I am not anti Thanatorn. But I am also not so blind that I think he started in politics only because he wants to do good.

What did he do in the last 10 years for the people of Thailand? What is his record?

It's easy to promise a lot. Let's see where this goes.

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

No, you are not bound to work with criminals or people who support criminals - even if they are the enemy of your enemy.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

There aren't any honest people at any level of power in Thailand, so no problem there.

Is that the way it has to be?

Imagine some honest people in Thai politics. I would guess lots of people would love to see an honest alternative and they would vote for such an alternative.

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, you are not bound to work with criminals or people who support criminals - even if they are the enemy of your enemy.

Remember Ww2 the west fought together with the Communists ….. just until they won together ….then they became the cold war enemy …. , and meantime Werner von Braun the " father of the V1 rocket bomb" was spared by the Americans as very usable (amongst many others ) 

Strange bedfellows in politics and war because common and personal interests 

Politics.....& diplomacy …..

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Remember Ww2 the west fought together with the Communists ….. just until they won ….then they became the cold war enemy …. , and meantime Werner von Braun the " father of the V1 rocket bomb" was spared by the Americans as very usable (amongst many others ) 

Strange bedfellows in politics and ware because common and personal interests 

Politics.....& diplomacy …..

Imagine Thanathorn would distance himself from any of the known corrupt and/or criminal politicians in Thailand.

And imagine he would make sure that any politician in his party who is not up to standard would be thrown out of the party.

Wouldn't that be a great start for a bright future?

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine Thanathorn would distance himself from any of the known corrupt and/or criminal politicians in Thailand.

And imagine he would make sure that any politician in his party who is not up to standard would be thrown out of the party.

And imagine he would win or even  stay alive alone whiteout allies ……. ? 

And then.... the morning clock woke you up ….. another day of reality to start with !

to many "imagines" ...that it is a perfect world 

17 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Was blocked for several years due to Andrew Drummond being one of it's reporters. Just tried it myself and you are correct, must have been recently unblocked.

About a year now. They must have gotten over it

52 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I can get it. 

Front page about Boris.

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's see.

Many Thai people vote for Thaksin. 

You want Thannathorn to ignore them?

work together better.

21 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Was blocked for several years due to Andrew Drummond being one of it's reporters. Just tried it myself and you are correct, must have been recently unblocked.

Tahnkyou.

that one not important, thai not read it.

have many Thai language one. Not censor. Sure.

5 hours ago, Jessi said:

@5PM in BKK yesterday reminds me of "The people power" movement in the Philippines against Marcos years ago.

Movement promote from Vatican, I not see same movement in Thailand on the next future but the recent visit Pope maybe is not a coincidence.

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

a very nice ….,wonderful   ………….dream , check your morning clock ,it could have a failure or battery down …..????

yes it would be wonderful if.....You play this  in a Democracy contest not against a junta

I suspect the powers-that-be haven't been paying much attention to the demonstrations in Hong Kong, "that won't happen here."

But perhaps with this protest some are getting brown stains on their undies. 

If these demonstrations grow, and with the present gov't being what it is, things can turn very bad very fast.

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

I know you will not believe me, but what I say now is true.

it is not how you think. 

P has already been “moved” from Bangkok. Weaker now. 

P for “mother” group. 

P will not be leader end of next year, because of that.

Or maybe Thannathorn successful first.

Some member TVF already know and say it before on old thread. Is true. Is start happen already. 

I know exactly what you are saying and this is why a lot of movement . But even if he is removed, new one will be chosen from the “correct” wing. 

I seriously doubt Thanathorn will win as he would undermine everything that has been done and may undermine 1 person in particular who is consolidating power, control and wealth .

For that person, bringing Thaksin back is a better option 

Archived