Thousands join biggest protest for years in Thai capital

rooster59

28 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is that the way it has to be?

Imagine some honest people in Thai politics. I would guess lots of people would love to see an honest alternative and they would vote for such an alternative.

Honest and politics ? I thought it was an oxymoron ????

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BestB said:

I seriously doubt Thanathorn will win as he undermine 1 person in particular who is consolidating power, control and wealth .

No. Thannathorn not interseted that one person. 

P will not be same be in one year. Sure.

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Many Thai people vote for Thaksin. 

You want Thannathorn to ignore them?

work together better.

If you would be a honest politician, would you work together with a criminal fugitive?

Or would the fact that you would work together with such a person make you by definition a not so honest politician?

Thannathorn could copy the good things which Thaksin did without working together with him.

He could, if he wanted to do that. But obviously that is not what he does. Which obviously brings up the question: Why?

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And I can't believe any honest person would want to work together with Thaksin.

To be honest one must be free of deceit and untruthfulness,can you give me one example of an honest person?Just one.If you can I'll know you are being dishonest.I also can't believe an honest person would want to work together with Taksin because such a person doesn't exist.

5 hours ago, Eligius said:

The New Year, 2020, will be the year when thousands and thousands of (mainly young) Thais find their self-respect and dignity again and say 'NO!' to what is happening to their country.

I really admire them. And Thanathorn is superb: he could have SUCH an easy, comfortable life - but instead has chosen to risk his liberty and life (literally) to stand up for what is right, and fair, and just.

All these people struggling for fairness, democracy, freedom of speech and justice have my immense respect - and that of most of us here, I think!

Agreed! But there will be a need for more, both in frequency and people, then the population will see what stuff this government is really made of. Thanathorn is really telling them to 'bring it on' and my guess is that the next thing we'll hear will be from the military.

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

To be honest one must be free of deceit and untruthfulness,can you give me one example of an honest person?Just one.If you can I'll know you are being dishonest.I also can't believe an honest person would want to work together with Taksin because such a person doesn't exist.

I think I know a couple of honest people. Some are my friends, some are business contacts.

Lots of honest people exist all over the word. But it seems few of them are willing to go into dirty politics.

And please don't make "honest" impossible. If your wife ask you if she looks good today and you answer "sure darling" even if you think that today maybe she doesn't look so good then that is, at least IMHO, no reason to call someone not honest.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think I know a couple of honest people. Some are my friends, some are business contacts.

Lots of honest people exist all over the word. But it seems few of them are willing to go into dirty politics.

And please don't make "honest" impossible. If your wife ask you if she looks good today and you answer "sure darling" even if you think that today maybe she doesn't look so good then that is, at least IMHO, no reason to call someone not honest.

With that last line you start already "compromising your own…..honesty " ...lol

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

With that last line you start already "compromising your own…..honesty " ...lol

Do you see a difference between someone who uses from time to time a "white lie" compared to someone who regularly cheats people?

I think it's obvious what I have in mind when I write about honest people.

Criminals and people who are super corrupt are by definition not honest people - by any definition of that word.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Of course, words can be twisted and interpreted to one's own convenience. Nothing wrong with that, isn't it? 

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you see a difference between someone who uses from time to time a "white lie" compared to someone who regularly cheats people?

I think it's obvious what I have in mind when I write about honest people.

Criminals and people who are super corrupt are by definition not honest people - by any definition of that word.

A very nice person you are with those thought's an hopefully way of life ….. But you are definitely disqualified for the revolution …..LOL

Gandhi  was the last ….

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

1 person in particular

Ive  almost  bitten my  tongue off lately wanting to comment on  a HUGE hurdle the Thais need to shake off through decades of out and out propaganda

Blimey  Danny we can agree  on somethings  then????

A billionaire with connections to the UN and Elon Musk. Hmm. My guttersnipe's paranoid science fiction conspiracy theory guess would be that Thanatorn is the globalist banks' smart dusting, "sustainable" planet agenda and technocrat's man. The Thai establishment is too messy, too dinosauric, anachronistic, too oblivious to hi tech,  too connected to China for this lot to get their 5g satellite monitored globalist UN 2030 agenda thing going in Thailand to the extent that they would like. So, I would not put my money on Thailand becoming more democratic should Thanatorn prevail, if what some posts on this thread has said  about his background is correct, that he is part of the Musk network and has worked with the UN previously and therefore may still be doing so. Surely there would be hope of a very  different Thailand but not a democratic Thailand as democracy is rapidly evaporating as a possibility for the whole world with the quickly ramping up  global surveillance state, the internet of things and its apparent aim of an AI monitored social credit system that will make the problem of differing opinions and dissent negligible for the elites everywhere except amongst themselves, of course. As 5g, the new internet of things network goes in place, not only is total surveillance and control  down to our eeg's and bodily proceses everywhere all the time possible but also weaponization  anytime anywhere, so perhaps the Thai police force would find themselves out of a job, and the sooner they realize this the sooner they would be fighting tooth and nail against Thanatorn. Elon Musk is playing a big role in laying the infrastructural foundations for this total surveillance state with his company making up the lion's share of the 84,000 5g satellites that are slated to be up within three years, and which has already begun and consistently ahead of schedule and getting whatever green lights they want from any who might have authority to regulate them. So I would speculate that what we are looking at with Thanatorn is an agent who is working for this particular juggernaut not a democratic Thailand but a globalist compliant Thailand, a driverless car Thailand, which Thailand probably would be better off with, heheh,  a Starlink to Neuralink satellite connected internet straight to the brain  Thailand which I doubt few Thais care one way of the other about,  though a Thailand that has cut down all of its trees and microwaved its eco-systems to make way for the signal paths, a Thailand that has made its people even more sick and unhealthy than they already are with the large upswing in electromagnetic radiation that the new 5g system blasting through the ionopshere and creating even more disruption in the weather will create. It would seem this demonstration would be the start of something like  a show down between western and Chinese proxy forces, between Huawei-China Mobile-the Communist Party and Starlink-Verizon-AT&T-Chase Manhattan Bank (or whatever bank or banks are behind the internet of things and the UN) over who gets to run the infrastructure for the Thailand sector of the one world system.

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the definition is too limited and so excludes everyone who has ever lied and like you say I can say something honestly sometimes but not all the time just like everybody else including Taksin.I do agree with the point you're making about Taksin who probably couldn't lie straight in bed but many were better off financially and the economy seemed to putting along ok when he was PM.All that is beside the point though as it should be the right of the people to choose which lying thieving crook they want as PM.Oh and honestly it's just to embarrassing to be totally honest. 

12 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Not a good sign. A sure way to bring on another coup. ????

A coup is inevitable. There is no doubt about that - not a scintilla or nano-particle of doubt. 

It's already in the works. A certain general must get it done before the middle of next year ...

But that does not mean to say that Thanathorn and his movement will not fight on ....

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the army has made plain its dislike of a movement it accuses of trying to rally the young against the monarchy and the armed forces.

Again trying to twist the truth... this has nothing to do with the army or the monarchy.

This has everything to do with the current dictatorship.
Roll on January.

21 minutes ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

A billionaire with connections to the UN and Elon Musk. Hmm. My guttersnipe's paranoid science fiction conspiracy theory guess would be that Thanatorn is the globalist banks' smart dusting, "sustainable" planet agenda and technocrat's man. The Thai establishment is too messy, too dinosauric, anachronistic, too oblivious to hi tech,  too connected to China for this lot to get their 5g satellite monitored globalist UN 2030 agenda thing going in Thailand to the extent that they would like. So, I would not put my money on Thailand becoming more democratic should Thanatorn prevail, if what some posts on this thread has said  about his background is correct, that he is part of the Musk network and has worked with the UN previously and therefore may still be doing so. Surely there would be hope of a very  different Thailand but not a democratic Thailand as democracy is rapidly evaporating as a possibility for the whole world with the quickly ramping up  global surveillance state, the internet of things and its apparent aim of an AI monitored social credit system that will make the problem of differing opinions and dissent negligible for the elites everywhere except amongst themselves, of course. As 5g, the new internet of things network goes in place, not only is total surveillance and control  down to our eeg's and bodily proceses everywhere all the time possible but also weaponization  anytime anywhere, so perhaps the Thai police force would find themselves out of a job, and the sooner they realize this the sooner they would be fighting tooth and nail against Thanatorn. Elon Musk is playing a big role in laying the infrastructural foundations for this total surveillance state with his company making up the lion's share of the 84,000 5g satellites that are slated to be up within three years, and which has already begun and consistently ahead of schedule and getting whatever green lights they want from any who might have authority to regulate them. So I would speculate that what we are looking at with Thanatorn is an agent who is working for this particular juggernaut not a democratic Thailand but a globalist compliant Thailand, a driverless car Thailand, which Thailand probably would be better off with, heheh,  a Starlink to Neuralink satellite connected internet straight to the brain  Thailand which I doubt few Thais care one way of the other about,  though a Thailand that has cut down all of its trees and microwaved its eco-systems to make way for the signal paths, a Thailand that has made its people even more sick and unhealthy than they already are with the large upswing in electromagnetic radiation that the new 5g system blasting through the ionopshere and creating even more disruption in the weather will create. It would seem this demonstration would be the start of something like  a show down between western and Chinese proxy forces, between Huawei-China Mobile-the Communist Party and Starlink-Verizon-AT&T-Chase Manhattan Bank (or whatever bank or banks are behind the internet of things and the UN) over who gets to run the infrastructure for the Thailand sector of the one world system.

I would not totally discount what you say. When Thanathorn first burst upon the scene, seemingly from nowhere - I urged caution and a degree of scepticism (here on Thaivisa). I always keep my mind open - even to the possibilities that you moot. I hope that you are wrong about Thanathorn, and think that you probably are.

But there is only one freedom that the Thai people have to lose - and they sure as hell have lost it currently. I very much doubt that Thanathorn would be as bad as what is ruling the roost now.

But ... one never knows (even though I strongly doubt that possibility).

3 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yes, it always amuses me when Western newspapers/ magazines and persons dilate at great length about shifts of power within the Thai military factions. None of that matters in the slightest - because they are ALL AGAINST THE ORDINARY THAI PEOPLE! They serve something 'higher'  ...

Bang on.

It is like examining the factions in the Roman Praetorian Guard.Interesting but essentially meaningless.

And they are a well paid -thru endemic corruption-Praetorian Guard indeed.

8 hours ago, z42 said:

Brilliant. Hope these protests get bigger and bigger. Also I feel that some more artistic touches that highlight particular wrongs of the government are used to really grab the attention of the world media.

Peaceful, relevant, and patient is the way to go.

Goodness, here we go again. When the army starts shooting them in the street again perhaps they will understand. 

4 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I would not totally discount what you say. I always keep my mind open - even to the possibilities that you moot. I hope that you are wrong about Thanathorn. But there is only one freedom that the Thai people have to lose - and they sure as hell have lost it currently. I very much doubt that Thanathorn would be as bad as what is ruling the roost now.

But ... one never knows (even though I strongly doubt that possibility).

he can only become proved if he get the chance to prove himself , the present ones have already showed their color

Archived