Long Term Viability of Living in Thailand

56 minutes ago, Martyp said:

At age 67 there are other more appropriate visa options. Get a non-immigrant O visa. Regardless of whether you consider yourself a tourist or not Immigration is going to want those over 50 and frequently spending half a year in Thailand to get an O or OA visa. Their definitions (however arbitrary) and their rules are the ones that count.

Yes but I agree in what u say but I live here 5 6 months so now they are even try to stop people with tourist visa so if they think u and live here they will stop u so why are they giving out tourist visa if they are looking at people like at I always thought a tourist visa for long stay but now they are saying it's not but immigration are say the thai consulate are not asking what the reason u are staying for 6 months  so why show money in bank for 6 months show u are on a pensions and then they are saying immigration no so I think if they think u are live here they will stop at tourist visa and dont matter if u are here for 4.5.6 months because u are not travelling around thai plus they want u to be of of thailand for i month then come back for your 60 day not go out for 1 day and get your 60 days 

1 hour ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

Yes but I agree in what u say but I live here 5 6 months so now they are even try to stop people with tourist visa so if they think u and live here they will stop u so why are they giving out tourist visa if they are looking at people like at I always thought a tourist visa for long stay but now they are saying it's not but immigration are say the thai consulate are not asking what the reason u are staying for 6 months  so why show money in bank for 6 months show u are on a pensions and then they are saying immigration no so I think if they think u are live here they will stop at tourist visa and dont matter if u are here for 4.5.6 months because u are not travelling around thai plus they want u to be of of thailand for i month then come back for your 60 day not go out for 1 day and get your 60 days 

The consulates outside of Thailand are part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Immigration Department inside Thailand is a separate department. They are, unfortunately, not very well coordinated. The Consulates shouldn't be making people pay for expensive visas if they are not going to be honored at the border. Even so, a tourist visa is not a long stay visa. It may have been in the past but it isn't now. There are long stay options for a number of categories of people and being over 50 years old is one of those categories. Consider yourself lucky to be over 50.

9 hours ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

It is only a few crews that are on shift at the Bangkok airports that are causing problems when entering the country with a tourist visa.

Rather than flying out and back to get the new entries from your METV it the best way to do them at a border crossing. Only the Poi Pet, Sadao and Pedang Besar crossings have been reported as giving people problems.

• Like 1

Yes this was at don muaeng airport but this guy was trying to say was trying to stay long term where in fact I was only staying for 6. Months but he would not have it I was only her for 6 months plus he was say my age 67 people your age are all trying  to do what u are doing so if the multi is in and out what was the problem I went to penang and come back same day but no he said it got to be 1 month when u come back so the problem now when I come back again I cannot come back with a multi tourist or can I can back on a single tourist I dont know he said they not allowed u to come back on multi visa so do at mean a single tourist 60 days as well

8 minutes ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

Yes this was at don muaeng airport but this guy was trying to say was trying to stay long term where in fact I was only staying for 6. Months but he would not have it I was only her for 6 months plus he was say my age 67 people your age are all trying  to do what u are doing so if the multi is in and out what was the problem I went to penang and come back same day but no he said it got to be 1 month when u come back so the problem now when I come back again I cannot come back with a multi tourist or can I can back on a single tourist I dont know he said they not allowed u to come back on multi visa so do at mean a single tourist 60 days as well

You do realize that even though your true intention is to only stay 6 months that other people use tourist visas to live here and would say exactly the same thing to an Immigration officer. Your travel history looks the same as people who are living here in condos with 1 year leases, bank accounts, and families. How can they know you are not living here? 

1 hour ago, Martyp said:

You do realize that even though your true intention is to only stay 6 months that other people use tourist visas to live here and would say exactly the same thing to an Immigration officer. Your travel history looks the same as people who are living here in condos with 1 year leases, bank accounts, and families. How can they know you are not living here? 

Easy just look at when I left last year I come end November and I when home nearly end of may so they got records I have never stay longer then 6 months so now u cannot come on a tourist the reason why a tourist is for long stay they are saying it's for travelling around thailand and at what it for not for a long stay not staying in 1 place and when u go out after 60 day they are saying u cannot come back the same day it's got to be 1 month then u can come back and get the other 60 days so then u be losing 3 month it just seem they dont want u here on any visa here and then the immigration saying or dont be hard on the foriegnors because they bring money at just showing u they never learn thailand is finish time to move on where it greener now they want be getting my £160 for the visa no more 

• Like 1