Cabinet to consider legalising ride-hailing service

rooster59

Cabinet to consider legalising ride-hailing service

By THE NATION

800_f96ba960b90f1ba.jpg

Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul

Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob will soon table before the Cabinet his proposal to legalise ride-hailing services, Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul said.

If the Cabinet approves the proposal, the ministry will issue regulations. The ministry will determine conditions to permit the use of passenger cars to provide an application-based ride-hailing service. The rules are expected to come into effect next March.

Traisulee added that the move aims to provide a new option for public transport service to consumers and create a new kind of job for people. The ministry has also prepared relief measures to help those who might be affected by this service.

She said the upcoming ministerial regulations would initially cover only passenger cars. The ministry needs time to study ways to legalise motorcycle ride-hailing services, she added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379446

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-15

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

She said the upcoming ministerial regulations would initially cover only passenger cars. The ministry needs time to study ways to legalise motorcycle ride-hailing services, she added.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only a few days ago didn't we hear the boss of the Land Transport Department talking about looking into legalising Grab?

They have a ride hailing service in Pattaya; it's called Taximeter.  Unfortunately Pattaya Plod can't get them to fix their meters.

Then the Dep Mayor comes out banging the drum about tourist scams yet his police force allows this offence to persist every minute of every day!

19 minutes ago, DLock said:

So, what you are really saying, is that the Grab car I got last night to take me to my friends airBnB rental were both currently illegal...?

Did you get a couple of bar girls to pop over as well? May as well go for the trifecta

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only a few days ago didn't we hear the boss of the Land Transport Department talking about looking into legalising Grab?

Correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t Grab advertising everywhere ????

14 hours ago, Redline said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t Grab advertising everywhere ????

It's still illegal:

The government is taking steps to legalize Grab services, expected to be effective from March 2020, beginning with the Grab taxi service. The Grab motorcycle service is pending further study.

source: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138871-grab-taxi-expected-to-be-made-legal-in-thailand-in-march-2020/

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It's still illegal:

The government is taking steps to legalize Grab services, expected to be effective from March 2020, beginning with the Grab taxi service. The Grab motorcycle service is pending further study.

source: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138871-grab-taxi-expected-to-be-made-legal-in-thailand-in-march-2020/

Yes, I used think that it’s humorous that an illegal business has been advertising for over a year-they also have labeled pick up stops at Central shopping malls

Archived