Seven opposition parties launch campaign for charter change

rooster59

Seven opposition parties launch campaign for charter change

By The Nation

800_c38e47acb7aaf77.jpg

A group of opposition parties has come together to call for amendments to the 2017 Constitution and the drafting of a new charter.

The Committee of Opposition Parties and Public Participation organised a meeting at the Faculty of Law of Thammasat University, Tha Prachan Campus, in Bangkok on Saturday (December 14) to campaign for the constitution change.

5D3_6635.jpg

The committee included: Sompong Amornwiwat of Pheu Thai Party, Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit of Future Forward Party, Pol General Seripisut Temiyavet of Seri Ruam Thai Party, Wan Muhammad Noor Matha of Prachachart Party, Manoon Sivapiromrat of New Economics Party, Songkhram Kitlerdpairoj of Puea Chat Party, and Nikhom Bunwiset of Thai People Power Party. The group demanded amendments to the existing constitution and the drafting of a new one as a constitution of the people.

5D3_6098.jpg

Full story: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379454

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-15

1 hour ago, BuckBee said:

Please do, spread the word ... I want see this oath evading wealth withholding trictator kicked in the nuts good and hard .

Well the word I'm spreading at the moment is that the coup by the trictator was against the law of a democratically elected government so that makes any subsequent actions by he who instigated the usurping of control of Thailand illegal!That is Thanathorn's main point,and that's why I support what he is doing.Within Thailand the only valid laws are those enacted by the previously democratically elected government before the coup.This whole scam by the trictator and his band of bandits is illegal and they should be charged with treason.I see people rabbiting on how Thanathorn should adhere to the rule of law and it makes me laugh at how feeble this argument is compared to the treasonous actions of the trictator.He should be kicked around the courts until his balls ache. 

Best action would be to undo the damages of illegal coups (punishable by death, but made legal afterwards), undo the latest aweful constitutions and reinstate  the 1997 Peoples Constitution.  Then work on fixing it's flaws, as even the 1997 constitution was not perfect. 

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Why not ,it's been a couple of years since they had a new constitution, 

they have got to get a good one if they keep trying,how many is this now ? Oh at least 20.

regards worgeordie

Didn't they just have a constitution holiday celebrating a constitution written a few decades ago

Archived