Medical professionals warn of inappropriate cannabis use

rooster59

Medical professionals warn of inappropriate cannabis use

Tanakorn Sangiam

cannabis.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Despite the legalization of medical cannabis in Thailand, all cannabis use must remain under the supervision of trained doctors and experts. There have been misunderstandings over cannabis treatment for many diseases, requiring clarification from the medical sector.

Doctors from many associations have been elaborating on correct medical cannabis use, out of concerns about widespread misunderstanding among the general public, such as the false belief that cannabis can cure psoriasis and other diseases.

A representative from the Dermatological Society of Thailand said there is no academic record of any cure of skin diseases by cannabis, as well as no supporting information on cannabis as an ingredient in cosmetics.

On claims of cannabis effectiveness in treating end-stage cancer patients, the Thai Society of Clinical Oncology President Ekaphop Sirachainan said cannabis extract is shown to help arrest the spread and growth of cancer cells in lab tests on animals, however there is no concrete data on applications in humans.

He said cannabis medicine is administered as a palliative treatment to patients after the doctor has reached a conclusion that conventional medicine is no longer effective. He asked the general public not to self prescribe cannabis products as improper use may worsen their condition.

A Thai AIDS Society board member, Opass Putcharoen, has confirmed the current course of treatment for HIV positive patients with antiviral drugs is highly effective, however some patients, who use cannabis products unsupervised, may see a decrease in antiviral drug effectiveness.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-12-15

In the early 20th century heroin (AKA Morphine, Dia-morphine, Opium) was legal in much of the world, it was also much touted for it's medical benefits. But, as a guy said on a documentary about it:

"Basically whatever was wrong with you, if you took some heroin it made you feel better!"???? ????????

9 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

In the early 20th century heroin (AKA Morphine, Dia-morphine, Opium) was legal in much of the world, it was also much touted for it's medical benefits. 

Medically supervised use of MDMA and LSD is touted as an effective treatment for PTSD and also some substance addictions

3 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Medically supervised use of MDMA and LSD is touted as an effective treatment for PTSD and also some substance addictions

It's thought that Charlie Manson was given LSD when in prison, as part of the MK Ultra program (which did actually happen, but was said to be a only a conspiracy theory).

Could've been why he was crazy?? His "family" were also on acid.

Just wondering if they are warning of the harms of alcohol - please elaborate >????????‍♂️????????

When I’m drunk, I can be abusive/angry/incoherent – have blackouts etc....

When I am cannabis induced, I can feel goddamn lazy & fraternise the local 7/11 and food stalls – no harm????????‍♂️???????????? and good for the local economy????????

5 minutes ago, jack7106 said:

Just wondering if they are warning of the harms of alcohol - please elaborate >????????‍♂️????????

When I’m drunk, I can be abusive/angry/incoherent – have blackouts etc....

When I am cannabis induced, I can feel goddamn lazy & fraternise the local 7/11 and food stalls – no harm????????‍♂️???????????? and good for the local economy????????

I'm a happy-drunk, lots of men aren't.

in a similar way I don't fully buy all the stuff about people who do cannabis never doing any wrong, although I'm sure most are as you say.

Listen to the tripe about CANCER. THC cures stage 4 CANCER period.  Eighteen-twenty % THC ( not CBD ) reendered into oil taken @ half a grain size as a rice morning and night and watch the tumors shrink i to nill. The research is in globally and only a fool would think other wise. The Meme came back in the early 30's ( when hemp was a major industry ) in America. The cultivation of hemp was forbidden by propaganda by puppet Harry Anslinger to protect the Randolph Hearst ( yes Patty Hearst grampa ) to protect his News Paper EMPIRE and don't forget the invention of the cordicator ( the device invented to economically process Hemp into fibre for cloth which in turn would have collapsed the cotton industry and replaced it. Hence we had ( in America ) endure the creation of such propaganda shove down the throats of Americans. THAT is the historical events surrounding the demonization of Cannabis and hemp. Folks need to get their facts straight. You think Governments are going to tell you the truth? Do you believe in Santa Clause? Maybe the tooth fairy or maybe the Easter Bunny. Go fish.

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

In the early 20th century heroin (AKA Morphine, Dia-morphine, Opium) was legal in much of the world, it was also much touted for it's medical benefits. But, as a guy said on a documentary about it:

"Basically whatever was wrong with you, if you took some heroin it made you feel better!"???? ????????

I can remember when feed shops in Australia used to keep paper bags of cocaine on the shelves for horse stud work.

11 minutes ago, car720 said:

I can remember when feed shops in Australia used to keep paper bags of cocaine on the shelves for horse stud work.

I doubt held in paper, plastic or it would melt into the paper , we used to buy it in magazine paper but we in cool weather in USA

They want be so future with all that weed talking. Legalized medical then <deleted> testing on streets and scamming for moneys.

In cambodia Koh Rong for example ppl smoke openly and sold openly. No one bothers. Lots of tourist go to Cambodia Laos Vietnam nowa days cuz Thailand became police state. 

4 hours ago, nervona81732 said:

Listen to the tripe about CANCER. THC cures stage 4 CANCER period.  Eighteen-twenty % THC ( not CBD ) reendered into oil taken @ half a grain size as a rice morning and night and watch the tumors shrink i to nill. The research is in globally and only a fool would think other wise. The Meme came back in the early 30's ( when hemp was a major industry ) in America. The cultivation of hemp was forbidden by propaganda by puppet Harry Anslinger to protect the Randolph Hearst ( yes Patty Hearst grampa ) to protect his News Paper EMPIRE and don't forget the invention of the cordicator ( the device invented to economically process Hemp into fibre for cloth which in turn would have collapsed the cotton industry and replaced it. Hence we had ( in America ) endure the creation of such propaganda shove down the throats of Americans. THAT is the historical events surrounding the demonization of Cannabis and hemp. Folks need to get their facts straight. You think Governments are going to tell you the truth? Do you believe in Santa Clause? Maybe the tooth fairy or maybe the Easter Bunny. Go fish.

As with everything else, it's all about money and politics, truth be damned. Read all about it.

The Emperor Wears No Clothes - Herer, Jack.azw3 The Emperor Wears No Clothes - Herer, Jack.pdf

5 hours ago, nervona81732 said:

I totally agree. I have friends who were cured of prostate cancer by using cannabis extract. 

Also,  the internet is full of photo-documented case studies of topical cannabis extract curing squamous cell cancer. It’s not just “some evidence it arrests cancer cell development in lab animals.”

It can’t cure everything but why do they understate what it can do?

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He asked the general public not to self prescribe cannabis products as improper use may worsen their condition.

I can confirm this!!!

It definitely makes my "happy-itus" worse. I sometimes go from just grinning or even straight-faced to darned-near laughing when I self-medicate with cannabis. Fortunately (or not?) the symptom subsides after while and things return to normal.  

22 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I think this might also account for my posts!Does PTSD stand for Possibly Too Stoned Disorder?If it does then thanks for suggesting these effective treatments! 

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

However lets give every household a licence to grow it to make some money LOL

I agree we shouldn't need a licence to grow it,what a waste of effort and resources just let market forces prevail,that after all is what true capitalism is about. 

Archived