Drilling mud borehole

Tagged

Can anyone translate an explanation to my gf, so she can ask the driller about what kind of drilling fluid they use for boreholes? 

Name of the mix or anything that can help me out so we understand each other, and also the right questions for the driller. Thank you for your help. 

Drilling mud

Bentonite is used in drilling fluids to lubricate and cool the cutting tools, to remove cuttings, and to help prevent blowouts. Much of bentonite's usefulness in the drilling and geotechnical engineering industry comes from its unique rheological properties.

14 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Read through the boreholes pinned thread,there maybe some useful information. 

Done it several times, but still need to get the right questions on thai ???? Im quite familar with drilling oil, but not water, and know the basics for boreholes, especially deep boreholes. I know if you want a clean cut hole, you need drilling fluid/mud, but also know that the thais do not give a <deleted> about it. Cheaper, save money the better, even have to pay triple in the end. Today is today, and thats whats matter for everyone. My experience. 

8 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

A lot will depend on the machine your contractors has.

I had a truck mounted drill with a big compressor on another truck,67 metres and no problems after 5 years with the casing not going down far.

80  metres with  short  casing ang  55 metres with  short  casing .....got  two as  one  underperformed

The boar holes I have seen only use water ,and most I have seen only drill mud down to 10-15 meters  then it is all stone or in this area a calcium carbonate /stone mix .

As FJ said the standard is a truck with the drill on, and a big diesel powered compressor on another truck ,which is used I thought to clear the boar hole of debris ? plus water ,some times from a water tank. 

Tagged might complain about the Thai way of drill bore holes ,guy near here drilled down 90 meters  to find water ,and he is not alone in drilling  down that far to find water,for a Thai  it works, if it  'ant broke do not fix it",any more costs for them will have to be passed on the person who boar they are drilling ,and word soon gets round,the expensive guy will not get the work.     

10 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Tagged might complain about the Thai way of drill bore holes    

It was more an experience and observation about general things how it works. They want everything cheaper, even it means cheap <deleted>, and it is broken next year instead of 3 or 5 years lifespan. Nothing else. 

Now we are going to buy tiles, and cheaper is the better, not beter quality, not slippery, and easier to clean. Also drive tvice as long to get cheaper, and also drive 3 different places. 

You might want to just sit back and let the driller do their thing if they are a good outfit they have drilled many wells successfully using their stone age machinery. Asking too many questions will give you a bad headache here. Like the above poster said if it aint broke dont try to fix it.

3 hours ago, ireckonso said:

You might want to just sit back and let the driller do their thing if they are a good outfit they have drilled many wells successfully using their stone age machinery. Asking too many questions will give you a bad headache here. Like the above poster said if it aint broke dont try to fix it.

You are most likely right about it, and I start to learn, and give them the space to do what they do. Less headache for me and them 100% sure. 

After watching them drill a few water bore holes locally , it is only water any formation they drill (clay) used to make mud. Have never seen them use bentonite while drilling. For sure you cannot use the same principles or properties of drilling fluid used for drilling an oil wells, to drill a water well here. 

Archived