Super Highway/bicycle ?

Farangdanny

19 hours ago, taotoo said:

Try carrying dog treats instead - they're lighter and solve the problem rather than compound it.

So you want to reward the mongrels and encourage them to repeat this behavior ? Now that is compounding the problem.

I have also ridden Bangkok-CM, Saigon-CM etc (including Highway 11 from Lampang to Lamphun) & agree with daveAustin & MrBrad. Definitely seek out less busy roads if possible (& keep your wits about you), but I have generally found road cycling in Thailand to feel safer than here in Australia. But only you know your experience & risk tolerance.

Re dogs: I have a Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent & it has been useful on a few occassions (it seems to startle the dog just enough for you to get past - as long as the dog isn't deaf!). Otherwise I agree with the slow down technique (slow to walking pace, but be prepared for acceleration if necessary). On the busier highways troublesome dogs are rare (they probably have a short life-span).

20 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

How does this item relate to riding bike on the superhighway?

This highway bike riding thread unwound & went to the dogs about 1/2 way through....

It's now into the bark & bite stage......

Woof woof.....

Archived