BANGKOK
Vyhod

Is Getting Extension Based on Marriage Still Possible on a 30-day Visa Exempt Stamp?

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, although it is not exactly a Non-Imm-O Visa, as it is immediately marked as 'USED'. It is really a conversion of of an entry, Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa, into that of an Non-Imm-O. You will receive a 90 day permission to Stay and a 'Used' Visa Stamp. It is issued as a precursor to obtaining a one year Extension. 

thanks for the non <deleted>ty answer, i guess in thai visa, that's quite rare.

so if i arrive with no visa at all (UK passport) i can get a used non-O at my local immigration which will give me another 90 days? how much does that cost? thanks

BTW, i meet all the requirements for married extension

Edited by steve2112

7 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

thanks for the non <deleted>ty answer, i guess in thai visa, that's quite rare.

so if i arrive with no visa at all (UK passport) i can get a used non-O at my local immigration which will give me another 90 days? how much does that cost? thanks

2000 baht, but look up the requirements. It isn't meant to be used as a way to get to simply extend your stay. For example, if it is based on retirement, they will want you to show 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account that came from overseas. 

You could get 30 extra days at immigration with an Extension on a Visa Exempt Entry. 

Just Saw Your Edit: Since a marriage Extension requires a Non Imm Permit to Stay, this would be the path to it. 

Edited by jacko45k

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

2000 baht, but look up the requirements. It isn't meant to be used as a way to get to simply extend your stay. For example, if it is based on retirement, they will want you to show 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account that came from overseas. 

You could get 30 extra days at immigration with an Extension on a Visa Exempt Entry. 

Just Saw Your Edit: Since a marriage Extension requires a Non Imm Permit to Stay, this would be the path to it. 

cool, thanks again, i actually have a non O now from london and in the process of waiting for my married extention to come through, but this path would have been easier. now i know.