Staying with friend in Thailand and reporting question

I will be staying with a friend in Bangkok for a couple of weeks.  He has his own home.  I understand that he will have to report my staying there to immigration?  

Can someone point me to information in Thai about the requirements?

I don’t want to have any issues when I leave Thailand with immigration if he doesn’t report my staying there.

Thanks

11 hours ago, wilinusa said:

I don’t want to have any issues when I leave Thailand with immigration if he doesn’t report my staying there.

Thanks

The TM30 reporting requirement is not 'checked' when you leave Thailand. The domestic immigration offices have been known to deny an Extension (and other services) if the TM30 reporting has not been made. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It appears you will not be doing anything at a immigration office  so you do not need to worry about it being done.

Department does not care about the reporting when you leave the country. Nothing to worry about.

So if I am here on a multi-entry Non O based on marriage (where I step over a border before every 90 days) and not going to do extension here in Thailand (have to go back to the US to make money 3mo a year and get a new VISA each year).  I do not really need to do TM 30 reporting here in CM?  That's good to know.

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

So if I am here on a multi-entry Non O based on marriage (where I step over a border before every 90 days) and not going to do extension here in Thailand (have to go back to the US to make money 3mo a year and get a new VISA each year).  I do not really need to do TM 30 reporting here in CM?  That's good to know.

The place where you are staying (be it a Hotel, a friend's place or your own condo) is required to file a TM30 within 24 hours of a foreigner arriving at the place.  However, as it will ONLY be checked when you visit your local IO for a service that needs your address (e.g. an extension of stay), you might as well not do it.  So it's correct that 'you do not really need to do TM30 reporting' since you indicate that you never visit your local IO.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1