Police may charge political rally leaders

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Donutz said:

In Thailand the rule of law is not applied equally. Prayut is special, he means well, soon, very soon he will return happiness to the people, he just needs a little more time. The powers that be have their... uh, the nations best interest at heart. Really!  ????

Don't forget more time to fill his (national?) treasure chest.

13 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Here we go; and so it starts. How can any counter be illegal when the country was illegally taken? Suggest holding up middle finger instead of the three.

The smart thing for the Police to do is issue a written warning to the leaders that then need to be notified of a protest before it takes place That is not unreasonable If you charge the leaders you are only going to create more unrest and further protests

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Its simmering away.

Get away from the big smoke and hear what local people are saying. 

When certain individuals wealth is reported to now be 60 billion Us $.

Plus taking control of several military divisions. 

And looking at the placement of the 150 APVs being purchased near Chachongsao. 

One can start to get the impression that something is going on!!!

If one of the new submarines is based in the river close to city central,  

Or a new attack helicopter on the roof somewhere...

Watch this space...

when you see the sub torpedo a bunch of future forwards standing on the banks of the Chao Phraya PM me will you?

Been here for 22 years. I think the Future Forward party is the only one that has real policies worth its salt. It doesn't mean that they will fare better than other anti-establishment parties, but I think when it kicks off, this one will go further this time. It is no longer paid for grannies that are turning up to protest, it is the ever growing middle class that have had enough of the lies, theft and manipulation of the law. Actually, there is no real law.

I understand the discontent with the present de facto form of government, but I also think the present form serves to protect the urban middle class (in Bangkok and elsewhere) from the probable excesses of the more numerous rural radical class, should it ever find another leader to represent it. IMHO the country-in democratic terms-is ungovernable. But also evolving. A youth movement needs to link up with other factions, at least for a while. Who would that be?

22 hours ago, RBOP said:

I was working for a big foreign corporation at vote time (5500 employee). My impression was most did not vote for the Junta and many were visibly upset when they won.

No one ,expect those working for the government, were forced to vote for the junta. My gf is working for one of the biggest state-owned companies in Thailand. She doesn’t know a single colleague who voted for the junta. However, as per official rule, everyone has to remain silent and loyal. Not even any kind of political messages on social media and of course not being allowed to participate in Demonstration. However in private we discuss a lot about that stuff. Don’t want a 2nd Hongkong, as with the brainless junta it may end nasty, but I hope for a clear change sooner or later. 

On 12/16/2019 at 3:04 AM, Donutz said:

In Thailand the rule of law is not applied equally. Prayut is special, he means well, soon, very soon he will return happiness to the people, he just needs a little more time. The powers that be have their... uh, the nations best interest at heart. Really!  ????

I know a hell of allot of thais that  are not happy with the result

Also too scared to talk about it

I mean southerb people in other  words  not just the red bands

Yellow  too.

Politicans  have made mistakes round the world by not listening  to the people

Plus  a Thai told me

The more laws that are made the more corruption  can follow

Which is so true

In the first place the police should be ashamed of themselves for allowing an unlawful act of this nature taking place fancy having a protest in Thailand unheard, I wouldn't admit this big boo- boo, senior commanders should be transferred to Loei and the Police Minister should resign such a mistake as this and it could very well be subjected to a breech of  national security quite frankly along with Thailand's leadership you're a mob of idiots.  

On 12/16/2019 at 7:09 AM, ChipButty said:

I asked a similar question a while ago, nobody I know voted for Cha Cha, 

we must be in a different Thailand …. I know many folks in Phitsanulok area voted for him because they want security & stability within the country, they are sick and tired of the fighting, lawlessness, roadblocks and protests as was previous.  

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, neeray said:

"Any publicity is good publicity"

Charging Thanathorn may just further his cause and strengthen any future protests.

He is a man of great resolve, as he has already proved.

Your "confused" emoji @steven100 puts you outnumbered at 46:1.

20 hours ago, kirbi53 said:

The police will have to charge ALL ministers from ALL of the parties who approved the rally not just Thanathorn as he was given approval by a number of opposition MPs

Hey what a great idea then they can ban all the opposition and have a unanimous majority.Which in reality is exactly what happened in 20124 and nothing has changed and after all the wind bagging by the bandits about Thailand being a democracy is having the desired effect as I see many referring to these bandits as the "current government" which of course couldn't be further from the truth and the truth is we are not allowed to tell the truth here even in TV because the truth has been outlawed and is a vicious criminal that must be punished by these absurd people calling themselves "the law".

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

If the organizers had got permission prior to holding the rally then all would be fine ….  

but as usual, they couldn't even be bothered.

Capture.khunprayut1.PNG.60520ce7ae8ab4398226462093628eb0.PNG

If Prayuth had permission to break the law to hold the country at gun point we would be in this mess Steven100.Prayuth has no respect for the law unless it is his law of the gun.How can he expect others to adhere to the law if he does not?Thanathorn's meeting his supporters was no different to any other gathering of more than 5 people that others have not got permission.What sort of country requires permission to have a gathering of more the 5 people?Imagine having to get permission from the administration just to kick a soccerball with a few friends.If you are going to selectively apply these draconian laws to certain individuals and not everybody then something is terribly wrong.Your feeble argument just exposes your undying adulation of the heinous trictator. 

Archived