Future Forward party on the offensive against the Election Commission

webfact

Future Forward party on the offensive against the Election Commission

Natcha-Boonchai-Insawad.jpg

Future Forward deputy spokesman Nattacha Boonchai-insawat said that the party has decided to double the number of legal advisors to defend the party in the Constitutional Court against the Election Commission’s (EC) recommendation to disband the party over the 191 million baht loan from its leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit.

The party’s expanded legal team will defend all charges laid against the party or party executives still pending with the EC and will consider filing lawsuits against the EC, said Nattacha.

“We will no longer be a sitting duck. We will go on the offensive and we will sue the EC through every channel possible for practicing double standards and for bypassing procedures to accelerate cases against the party,” he said, as he urged the EC also to examine the Palang Pracharat party to assess whether it broke the law regarding the receipt of donations.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/future-forward-party-on-the-offensive-against-the-election-commission/

thaipbs.jpg

1 hour ago, pegman said:

When up against a crooked judicial system 5x the lawyers won't be of much use.

Two heads are better than one. Five X even better.

FFP needs to make noise and lots of it. This is what they are doing, quite effectively.

3 hours ago, pegman said:

When up against a crooked judicial system 5x the lawyers won't be of much use.

What it will become will be a public relations skirmish.   Bad press means fewer tourists and the elite will be looked down upon.  They may not like the outside world, but they hate having foreigners look down upon them.  They love face.  It will also have effect on trade deals.   They most likely will spend a lot of time publicizing their attacks on the crooked EC. 

Many here accuse the Thai people of being too placid to push for change then demonstrate a defeatist attitude when posting on the potential for change.

It's a hard road for sure, however Thanathorn is going to harass the elites and if that's all that can be done for now it is a good strategy, don't allow them to relax for a moment. 

Thanathorn has already proven himself naive in the past, believing he would never be found guilty of charges brought against him. Now he thinks that he and his supporters won't be shot in the street if they continue to protest. What is it one military guy once said, if you put a glass of water on the edge of the table don't be surprised if I knock it off. 

20 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Thanathorn has already proven himself naive in the past, believing he would never be found guilty of charges brought against him. Now he thinks that he and his supporters won't be shot in the street if they continue to protest. What is it one military guy once said, if you put a glass of water on the edge of the table don't be surprised if I knock it off. 

Totally agree. The historical examples are there for all to see, and very recent history at that.

Naive or arrogant, or both? A relatively young billionaire, from a very privileged background, possibly, like so many wealthy here, thinks laws and rules simply don't apply to him or can be brushed over with any excuse.

Media share; loaning money to the political party you founded and lead; organizing protest rallies without permission and infringing places with no protest boundaries. Leaves himself wide open.

Or perhaps, this is the strategy. Hope to stir things up?

Just because those in power don't follow the rules. put themselves above all laws, and say the flimsiest of excuses when challenged on them; and get away with it. doesn't mean those challenging them can. Any opposition has to be the smartest lot in the room!

5 hours ago, neeray said:

FFP needs to make noise and lots of it. This is what they are doing, quite effectively.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Strange all these old wise 'sayings'. They all have an opposite 'saying'.

Wise men think alike

Fools seldom differ.

Look before you leap

Strike when the iron is hot.

The pen is mightier than the sword

Actions speak louder than words.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Naive or arrogant, or both? A relatively young billionaire, from a very privileged background, possibly, like so many wealthy here, thinks laws and rules simply don't apply to him or can be brushed over with any excuse.

Where has Thanathorn brushed over any rules or flaunted his wealth or societal privilege to do so?

I mean apart from the rules that the EC and CC says he's brushed over?

Or are you pro-military, against free speech, democratic reform and condone perpetuating Thailand's feudal patronage?

I can see the case for striving to be better than the junta and the privileged elite that supports them and not resorting to law breaking but when faced with this hugely tilted playing field where the incumbents are hell bent on perpetuating their reign by using money and position, abiding by their rules and their laws won't get much social traction.

Rosa Parks could have chosen to stay at the back of the bus, no?

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

Lol what? The guy literally said he knew this was coming before it happend. 

I suggest you take a look at when Andrea Mitchell's interviewed him where he openly explain why he is doing what he is doing.  He is only doing what he is doing to show the western hemisphere(and everyone else) that nothing changed because of the election, he never expected to have a chance at changing anything trough parliamentary action.  He is simply blocking the Junta from FTA's with Europe by bringing down the Bangkok elite's charade of democracy and at the same time rendering the election totally useless. 

The best part is that it is actually working, the Junta is obviously stupid enough to fall for the bait. 

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Just because those in power don't follow the rules. put themselves above all laws, and say the flimsiest of excuses when challenged on them; and get away with it. doesn't mean those challenging them can. Any opposition has to be the smartest lot in the room!

Yes it does,Thanathorn can do what ever he wants just like everyone else on the planet.You can make any rules and laws and you can break any rules and laws.

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

How lucky the Thais are that the gracious generals allow them to live on their knees.  

6 hours ago, neeray said:

That's not going to happen with lawyers. When the unions reacted to an out of control Mike Harris we didn't fight him with lawyers. We rotated shutting down cities in Ontario. I remember driving down Hwy 401 on a weekday at 2pm and there being a handful of vehicles on the road. 

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

Oh yea and to justify shooting them they could put some armed black shirts amongst them easy peasy and everyone will believe it coz it's more convenient.

Totally agree. The historical examples are there for all to see, and very recent history at that.

Media share; loaning money to the political party you founded and lead; organizing protest rallies without permission and infringing places with no protest boundaries. Leaves himself wide open.

I dont understand why it seems you are siding with the unelected totally corrupt  junta (oh sorry they had a token election) who are basically running the country into the ground

I certainly believe thing need stirring up here .good luck to him i say

Completely disagree Phrayut's got all the bases covered Court's, Military and Police and considering it's almost New Year there's no way he would allow a protest it would be just Inappropriate. lol. Only way forward is force or what would you suggest?

39 minutes ago, poohy said:

I dont understand why it seems you are siding with the unelected totally corrupt  junta (oh sorry they had a token election) who are basically running the country into the ground

I certainly believe thing need stirring up here .good luck to him i say

Because he equates people not speaking up (because many rightfully fear the consequences) to people being happy and contented. 

It's the same old tired line of anyone who opposes the junta must be Taksinites. People couldn't possibly just want more freedoms. They're just paid stooges. Sad when you see foreigners who hold the soft bigotry of low expectations towards Thais in this manner. 

You have choices:

1. Do what they want.
  2. Follow the rules.
  3. Defy the rules.

#1 and #2 are not the same thing. The powers that be, in many many systems, don't want to face challenges. What they want is for you to acquiesce to their rule and stay silent. Even if you [attempt to] abide by the rules they set up, if you're "participating in the political process," you're open to attack. They'll look for any mistake or anything they can spin as a violation of the rules and place in you category #3. This isn't a Thailand problem. It's a global problem.

4 hours ago, Purdey said:

my concern is hard working innocent Thais having their lives ruined by this billionaire by protesting in support of his ego..

The generals etc are still living in the past. The way it was then is the way it is now. They grew up in a period where the only news you got was from the loudspeaker in the village. The majority, especiallythe younger Thais, get their news via social media instantly and can share ideas amongst their peers instantly. Knowledge is power and it is this what will change Thailand in the not too distant future.

A few rolling stoppages across Thailand will dumbfound the powers that be. There doesn't need to be violence. Maybe a civilian version of the blue flu the cops in the west use. A couple of cars driving slowly on the motorway for 30 minutes or so......there are many ways to frustrate the government without endangering life and limb. Old style mass gatherings is playing into the elites hands as they WILL eventually get out the guns. Young people and social media can be much smarter than this.

Way back when I was in the union we would have a mass strike and everyone lost a lot of wages. Then we got smart and only individual unions would go on strike for much shorter periods, even 24 hours, but the effect was the same on the overall business. When they came back to work another union would hit the grass, then another. Individually we lost a little money but collectively we achieved our goals.

Not reason it couldn't be done in some form in Thailand and drive the government nuts.

Looks like the future Forward party is meeting the same fate as a few others have over the decades, with all dictators they need to have ultimate power as without that power they know their assets might disappear or their necks might get stretched, I wish the Future Forward party well.   

Archived