Grab Taxi expected to be made legal in Thailand in March 2020

webfact

b9e708cfd695b0013b67edee9a1717dd.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government is taking steps to legalize Grab services, expected to be effective from March 2020, beginning with the Grab taxi service. The Grab motorcycle service is pending further study.

Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul quoted Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob as saying the legalization of Grab services via their application will be submitted to the cabinet for consideration. Ministerial regulations and conditions will also be defined for private vehicles to be used for providing Grab services and licenses will be issued for corporate operators of the Grab services.

Ms. Traisulee confirmed the government has a policy to legalize public vehicle services via the use of applications to provide convenience and justice for the people. Many private vehicles are currently being used for the Grab services in illegally, though they may raise good incomes for the operators.

The government has listened to the views of all parties involved with regards to the proposed legalization of the Grab taxi service.

nnt.jpg

4 hours ago, webfact said:

I can here the "win taxi riders and cabbies screaming" now!

More fun on the streets next year when they take the news badly that they now they have legal competition.

The first sensible government initiative I've seen so far this year. Now just wait for the taxi driver mob to stage a massive protest against the decision, you know the same guys who usually refuse your fare because "it's too far, too close, too rainy, too dry, too hot, too this and that." 

15 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

The first sensible government initiative I've seen so far this year. Now just wait for the taxi driver mob to stage a massive protest against the decision, you know the same guys who usually refuse your fare because "it's too far, too close, too rainy, too dry, too hot, too this and that." 

You left out no meter flat fee Extortion when it's Saturday night, it's night and raining,  any other night,  early Saturday or Sunday morning and anytime if they think they can get away with it.   

My 1st time I used Grab, was in Phuket, somewhere far from the city.

I needed a taxi at 5am, and was sure I couldn't find one that early so I made a booking the evening before.

Great experience, clean car, friendly driver and cheap.

After that I used it in Malaysia, many times, and a few times in Bangkok.

Last time i used a Grab bike as well.

I have nothing but good things to say about it.

They are always nice people, drive safely and I just wait 2-3 minutes.

They also seem to be much cheaper.

Now, don't ask me about my experiences with regular taxis or win bikes over the years....

I can write a book about it

a thriller

Archived