No-drunk-driving campaign launched to reduce New Year road accidents

webfact

2 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

One assumes he is making sure ALL RTP officers also follow these recommendations , then perhaps the public will as well . UP here in the NE Police wear their silly caps and maintain they are the same as a Helmet and as they are the Police it does not matter .

Seat belts, many not use claiming the Police are exempt . Drink driving well judging by the number I see drinking doubtful. 

So Dep Chief clean up your own house then you can start on the public. The LAW is the same for everyone . 

"The LAW is the same for everyone ."  What???? In Thailand???? 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As this has had little or no effect for over 20 years, one is left wondering what the police think they will achieve - it has been categorically shown to have no significant effect, might it not be time to try something else, or is this just a bi-annual ritual the police re expected to do?

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

Do you ever get that feeling of déja-vu?

Do you ever get that feeling of déja-vu?

I knew you were going to say that.

Every year police mouth the same platitudes after 50 weeks of doing nothing to curb the afore-mentioned offences.  They are like goldfish and forget what they said minutes after they speak.

8 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

... 555, 4 sure, 4 sure ... but look at this years picture, it's just priceless ... :cheesy:????

The advice is excellent, the Photo is well done, however I do not see people wearing helmits, I see babies on Bikes, I see crazy young men speeding down narrow sois on souped up loud bikes (a recipe for disaster waiting to happen)I see people driving fast that never stop for a pedestrian crossing , people that do not know roundabout rules.

People trying to force their way through narrow sois and blocking them.

I don't see many police on the road, nor do I ever see them stop bikes with no helmit, only now and then for lunch money.

Ok, maybe I'm not the brightest tool in the shed, but...

Isn't this the law???

NOT a recommendation. 

His recommendations are not to speed,

not to drive in the wrong direction,

not to violate traffic light control, 

use a safety belt,

carry a driver’s license, don’t pass other vehicles in unlikely spots,

don’t get drunk driving, wear a motorcycle crash helmet,

drive a motorcycle in a safe manner.

The WHOLE police force is a disgrace. 

Who are the two unfortunate guys in the campaign photo?

the one with the empty beer bottle the other who's steering wheel has broken off, he has been abducted by some alien creature with a dogs lead.

its like something from "Playschool", I'm looking through the square window.

Who are the creative police advisers?

Go to the top of the class and you can give out the milk.

Bike taxi this morning. 

5am.

No helmets. 

Up the main road, cut down the u turn lane.

Lights on red. 

Up the wrong side. 

Onto the pavement. 

Across the pedestrian crossing. 

Down the pavement. 

Onto pattaya klang road. 

They really don't care.!!!

Lawless country.

20191216_140645.jpg

5 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

One assumes he is making sure ALL RTP officers also follow these recommendations , then perhaps the public will as well . UP here in the NE Police wear their silly caps and maintain they are the same as a Helmet and as they are the Police it does not matter .

Seat belts, many not use claiming the Police are exempt . Drink driving well judging by the number I see drinking doubtful. 

So Dep Chief clean up your own house then you can start on the public. The LAW is the same for everyone . 

I had to make a RTA report recently to the police, while making it i mentioned the driver (not a Thai by the way) imo was drunk, they all thought that was FUNNY and laughed !   ????

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I had to make a RTA report recently to the police, while making it i mentioned the driver (not a Thai by the way) imo was drunk, they all thought that was FUNNY and laughed !   ????

It makes you wonder what they might take seriously.

About thirteen years ago i had a serious motorbike accident. I had no recollection of the accident itself.

I went to the police station to request a copy of the accident report from their log.

The guy on the desk found the report, read it and laughed. According to the log I had been reported as a fatality - not a causality, which he found hilarious.

38 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Bike taxi this morning. 

5am.

No helmets. 

Up the main road, cut down the u turn lane.

Lights on red. 

Up the wrong side. 

Onto the pavement. 

Across the pedestrian crossing. 

Down the pavement. 

Onto pattaya klang road. 

They really don't care.!!!

Lawless country.

This morning turning from Soi Khao Noi left onto Suk road.

Approached turn and looked to my right to  check traffic at that very moment a young girl on scooter near ran into my front guard, she was looking at her telephone.

Missed me thank goodness but did take out an orange witches hat that was placed behind a small truck parked in front of the 7/11... not sure how she missed the truck either but am damn sure she went home to clean the excrement from her panties.

100% sure she will still be using her phone on the scoot again, next she will take herself out and some poor other innocent.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

This morning turning from Soi Khao Noi left onto Suk road.

Approached turn and looked to my right to  check traffic at that very moment a young girl on scooter near ran into my front guard, she was looking at her telephone.

Missed me thank goodness but did take out an orange witches hat that was placed behind a small truck parked in front of the 7/11... not sure how she missed the truck either but am damn sure she went home to clean the excrement from her panties.

{snipped}

I'm sure in Japan you'd have to pay extra for that.

5 hours ago, crickets said:

Need a scare campaign instead of dressing people up in silly costumes. Look at the TAC commericals in Australia 

excellent video. why does thailand not use such videos??  alcohol companies lobbying/pressure/payoffs?

Did they catch those two fellows and present them to the media, as usually happens? Or are they two police colonels smeared with red colour? Can't just all of them take of the uniform and apply Indian colours on their chest ?

Again? Oh yes, it's about that time again.

I saw a terrible accident on the road today, a young woman dead on the road and her motorcycle wrecked. Just a smear where her head had once been. No helmet in sight, perhaps it would not have helped. 20 metres away was the sugar cane double-bogey truck she had collided with. My wife threw up in the car.

I confess it's very hard not to feel a sense of loss sometimes; if not for her, then for her family; they thought she was coming back home. Was drink involved? I don't know, but Thai driver education was definitely involved, one way or another.

On the way home I came across an 8-year-old riding his Mum's motorcycle. No helmet, obviously.

Busily preparing for the next chapter in the story...

21 hours ago, irwinfc said:

the general's 10-point advice can be best highlighted by actually catching violators. otherwise, it's just business as usual

The 10 point advice haha Thais breaks those advices every day and the cops do nothing. Sadly it will be another slaughter on the roads and the cops will be sitting in their crib rooms playing cards lol Loved the advice Thais should carry their License with them when driving Good advice but lots of Thai drivers dont have a license so its a bit hard to follow that advice and driving up the wrong way another  cracker I might advise that Thai driver i nearly had head on with the other day they were driving up the wrong side of the street haha

Archived