UK PM Johnson cannot keep Scotland in union against its will: Sturgeon

webfact

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

The minority that the polls show, you know that minority.

"Have you not been paying attention?" If patronising and insulting me makes you feel better, carry on.

Scotland is part of the UK, not a rogue country.

No I am not stuck in the last independence election, I accepted it, I think you should also, once in a gereration referendum remember.

The only reason you fear another referendum on either Scotland or Brexit is because you know you will lose.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The only reason you fear another referendum on either Scotland or Brexit is because you know you will lose.

It is burning now their  "victory asses" they sit on now ….5555

Boris won and lost the "United".Kingdom. …..Karma ?

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

If the Brexit result had been 52% in favour of remain would all you Brexiteers have pulled down the tents and gone away? No chance.

Where in the section 30 order from the last referendum did it say it was once in a generation? When was the law passed in parliament saying Scotland cant have another vote for a generation?

If your sole reason for denying Scotland the right to determine its own future rests with an off the cuff remark then you are on pretty thin ice. Johnson said he would rather be dead in a ditch? Should he now be enacting that?

You were warned Brexit will result in moves for Scottish independence. You guys either didnt listen or didnt care. Either way your actions have brought this about.

Own it. 

Always somebody elses fault and by the way I believe the Brexiteers would have accepted the result should it have gone the other way, they seem to have a greater understanding of democracy than either the remainers and the SNP.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Always somebody elses fault and by the way I believe the Brexiteers would have accepted the result should it have gone the other way, they seem to have a greater understanding of democracy than either the remainers and the SNP.

This from the guy who spent all his time and effort blaming the EU for every woe in the UK?

Farage even said on the night of the Brexit result that even if he lost he was going nowhere.

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

You are right as many typical humor from Brits escape me too , is normal we are continental with many different close neighbors than example U.K. who is an Island .

Although humour wasn't on my agenda for a Brexit. Now you have mentioned the differences, maybe it should have been. ????

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

This from the guy who spent all his time and effort blaming the EU for every woe in the UK?

Farage even said on the night of the Brexit result that even if he lost he was going nowhere.

Off you go again, deflection.

40 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What minority?

Polls show that there is a majority for independence because of Brexit and Johnson.

Have you not been paying attention? 

Are you still stuck in the last independence referendum?

Its up to Scotland to decide if it wants to remain in the UK. 

No, it's not!

22 minutes ago, david555 said:

It is burning now their  "victory asses" they sit on now ….5555

Boris won and lost the "United".Kingdom. …..Karma ?

Oh dear I suppose this is the new 'remainers mantra'. They have lost the UK/EU battle so now will jump on the Scottish referendum one. So desperate to keep people in the EU. You still haven't learned yet.

I hope you support all other countries for independence then or is it selective, this little club your in.

For the record Johnson has not lost the UK. If you can shine that crystal ball of your when Scotland will be having another referendum let me know. Then tell me the result, or is this all  a load of rollocks. I know the answer

6 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Although humour wasn't on my agenda for a Brexit. Now you have mentioned the differences, maybe it should have been. ????

Yes humor can help you out even in difficult circumstances ...I agree .

Before the U.K. had only to deal with Brexit which paralyzed U.K. for a big part …., now you won your Brexit ...on the Island at least ...lol..... but now you have to deal with an extra  serious problem in the Back garden … and soon I foresee in N Ireland

So keep up the humor I would advise  

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Before the U.K. had only to deal with Brexit which paralyzed U.K. for a big part …., now you won your Brexit ...on the Island at least ...lol..... but now you have to deal with an extra  serious problem in the Back garden … and soon I foresee in N Ireland

What bit of Brexit paralysed the UK? Nothing. Osborne and that 900,000 job loses and the constant threat of a doomed economy, which never happened. it is the remainers and those EU people who just accept that their club is not for majority of the UK people.

N. Ireland.You clearly do not understand the UK and I suggest stop reading Reuters news who are pro EU.

As for you foreseeing you were saying on here many times the UK would stay in the EU. That clearly is not happening so your credibility is not very good.

You are now jumping on Scottish independence as your new crusade. It must be pretty boring in Holland.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

What bit of Brexit paralysed the UK? Nothing. Osborne and that 900,000 job loses and the constant threat of a doomed economy, which never happened. it is the remainers and those EU people who just accept that their club is not for majority of the UK people.

N. Ireland.You clearly do not understand the UK and I suggest stop reading Reuters news who are pro EU.

As for you foreseeing you were saying on here many times the UK would stay in the EU. That clearly is not happening so your credibility is not very good.

You are now jumping on Scottish independence as your new crusade. It must be pretty boring in Holland.

Did I say U.K. would stay in E.U......can not remember that ever ,as after3 month's the referendum I understood clearly it is not possible (however it is the most stupid decision ever …) to keep U.K. in , only extension after extension repeatedly.... , as now already 2020 extension transition is in the planning inserted …. and in a 11 months PM Boris shall most certain even excuse himself but it is needed a longer transition up to.....

16 minutes ago, david555 said:

You really should stop worrying about us British, I know you envy us but come on.....

You should spend more time worrying about your country supplying more cash when we've gone....????

9 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

lets say boris holds the cards,krankie can only moan and beg.she can ask till the cows come home not going to happen,and in the house of commons he holds the cards they too

Scotland can declare independence, don't need the UK for that at all. Time to leave that colonial attitude.

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Scotland is as bad as Greece, bancrupt, with a debt of £2500 per head, only being kept afloat by Westminster, if they did get independance the EU would not have them back, her thinking is in the Corbyn league, she is on an ego trip. refer back to her recent tv interview, for the facts, she evaded all the pertinent questions

Scotland is per head much richer than the UK, you are talking nonsense.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Its up to Scotland to decide if it wants to remain in the UK.

Correction. Like a school teacher considering an annoying pupils repeated requests to go to the bathroom, it's up to Westminster to decide if Scotland can ask to leave the UK.

Or they can just let them embarrass themselves.

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Start off praising multicultural harmony. Then descend into historically inaccurate racist drivel. 

What's next - Scotland for the Picts or their descendants. Throw all those more recent 19th century immigrants back to whence they came from?

Orkneys and Shetlands to declare UDI - may remain in the UK, join the EU or Norway?

Glasgow to become a Free city? 

SNP reintroduce the hated "Named Persons Act" and all children to join the Sturgeon Youth?

A minority who can't accept democracy in which they can't badger, threaten, demand that the majority do as they want to dictate? So they threaten to take their ball away.

And then join an even bigger democracy, in which they'll become an even smaller minority. So they'll have even less say, And what they gonna do when they can't get their own way then? 

Seems more driven by inherent racist bias than logic.

Sad and desperate stuff. Try some reasoned points like what is historically inaccurate for example.

Scotland welcomes immigrants, and says it often. "Throw all those more recent 19th century immigrants back to whence they came from?" that's Englands Brexit battle cry, not ours. 

Then follows some nonsense not worth a reply. Talk about drivel.

We accept democracy, we were promised that voting for the Union would keep us in the EU, the goalposts have been moved, this is a new situation.

I am not racially biased against the English, I have some "English blood" on my fathers side as its happens. Anyway are the English a race as such (?) not in any standard use of the word. I accept that there are good and bad people in every country, right now England appears to have more than it's fair share.

"Once we had empires run by emperors, then we had kingdoms run by kings, now we have countries run by ..........." (England being the case in point)

Surprised we want our independence back (Forfeited by the parcel of rogues in 1707 for English gold). 

33 minutes ago, vogie said:

What I do is to understand the Scots do not want indy, only the SNP who selfishly speaks for the whole Scotland.

Should be no problem having another referendum then given what you understand you are assured victory.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Correction. Like a school teacher considering an annoying pupils repeated requests to go to the bathroom, it's up to Westminster to decide if Scotland can ask to leave the UK.

Or they can just let them embarrass themselves.

More like your partner decides to leave and you run around locking the doors.

Archived