UK PM Johnson cannot keep Scotland in union against its will: Sturgeon

webfact

9 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

That was before Brexit,so things changed since then.Anyway Scotland can't remain in EU after Brexit.They need go out first and then apply again,but I don't think the EU will let Scotland join Spain will be against it,because if they let Scotland join the Catalan want the same,and that won't happen.At least not in the near future

The Catalans did not even pass a 47,5% of the people's vote for independance. The Scots, it seems, achieve 70+ %

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Not much they can do except .

Parliament is sovereign and Parliament will say No, unfortunately.  They had their chance and they voted to stay with the UK. 

And.. if the Scots decided differently, what the English can do ? Send in the army as under Eduard Longshanks ?  Or only "huff and puff "

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I could trawl through your posts but I can't be bothered. I won't be glued to the Dutch TV either watching your parliament if its on TV, I leave that for others to do from different countries.

Because it is fun to see a 18 century parliament bickering.....

But without J. Bercow I think not so much fun any more 

How easy they forget their own campaign where they promised labour voters in Scotland to vote for them and they would back Labour in Westminster so they picked up the Labour vote. I was SNP for 30+ years then Red Pilled after the referendum and started researching the SNP. I now hate them with venom. They have defaced my flag their hatred and ignarance is disgusting and blaming Westminster for the mess you have made of the country while screaming for independence (one of two words they need to read the meaning of the other word nationalism) while telling Westminster they are not ready for more devolved powers. As of today I will wear a Union Jack on my clothes (ordered yesterday) just to say F you. 90% of Scottish Veterans I know are very proud Brit/Scots. 

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

If you guys are so confident that Scotland should not leave the union then why dont you all put forward a positive case for Scotland to remain in the UK?

They voted to stay in the UK. Referendums happen on the scale of decades.

Maybe there will be another referendum in 10 or 20 years time.

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They voted to stay in the UK. Referendums happen on the scale of decades.

Maybe there will be another referendum in 10 or 20 years time.

I am sure there will not be another referendum about that ….. as they would left already years unilaterally 

4 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

How easy they forget their own campaign where they promised labour voters in Scotland to vote for them and they would back Labour in Westminster so they picked up the Labour vote. I was SNP for 30+ years then Red Pilled after the referendum and started researching the SNP. I now hate them with venom. They have defaced my flag their hatred and ignarance is disgusting and blaming Westminster for the mess you have made of the country while screaming for independence (one of two words they need to read the meaning of the other word nationalism) while telling Westminster they are not ready for more devolved powers. As of today I will wear a Union Jack on my clothes (ordered yesterday) just to say F you. 90% of Scottish Veterans I know are very proud Brit/Scots. 

This veteran begs to differ.

I also doubt very much you were SNP for 30 years but now wear a union flag? Not doubting the flag bit you understand.

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Oh ...gosh … how I could forget them , "well trained redcoats "loosing from … colonists ,not a trained army , just fighting for their existing & freedom

However with "some" help from the French I thought …?

You forget the arms smuggling of the Dutch into the USA, see  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Anglo-Dutch_War  and  https://www.geheugenvannederland.nl/en/geheugen/pages/collectie/Atlantic+World/De+Nederlandse+betrokkenheid+bij+de+Amerikaanse+Onafhankelijkheidsoorlog/De+betrekkingen+tussen+Nederland+en+Amerika  

13 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

I forgot the Dutch already centuries from all markets eating cake  (lol)…..including holding official piracy papers from an English Queen...

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Always somebody elses fault and by the way I believe the Brexiteers would have accepted the result should it have gone the other way, they seem to have a greater understanding of democracy than either the remainers and the SNP.

Which contradicts farage's opinion.

3 hours ago, Bundooman said:

When Germany dumps the EU?

Then we might have a spit in 3 parts: Northern ( N€uro) , Southern (S€uro) an Eastern ( ZloFlo). In N€uro: Flanders, Luxembourg, NL, D, Nordics, Baltics and Austria. Maybe also Czechia and the Gaelic (con)federation... 

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Did I say U.K. would stay in E.U......can not remember that ever ,as after3 month's the referendum I understood clearly it is not possible (however it is the most stupid decision ever …) to keep U.K. in , only extension after extension repeatedly.... , as now already 2020 extension transition is in the planning inserted …. and in a 11 months PM Boris shall most certain even excuse himself but it is needed a longer transition up to.....

Who said, the EU will grant the UK ( or Only England) AGAIN an extention to get a trade deal done ? Enough = Enough. The harder the Brexit, the sooner the English will discover they made the greatest mistake since king Vortigern who invited two Jutes called Hengist and Horsa to Britain in AD449 to fight the Picts 

2 hours ago, vogie said:

As Scotland is part of the United Kingdom I feel I have as much right as anyone to comment on matters that may effect me or our Union.

Did you aks the rest of the EU inhabitants about the British exit from the EU ? No ? Why to ask the English about a Scotish ( and / or Northern Irish / Welsh) exit out of the UK ?

A fine land Scotland must be,

the Jocks keen on keeping it and governing it themselves

nee help from down south needed or wanted,

the English likewise, keen on keeping it and governing the land in UK.

Aye, a fine land indeed.

4 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Who said, the EU will grant the UK ( or Only England) AGAIN an extention to get a trade deal done ? Enough = Enough. The harder the Brexit, the sooner the English will discover they made the greatest mistake since king Vortigern who invited two Jutes called Hengist and Horsa to Britain in AD449 to fight the Picts 

just talking about the rumors from both sides what could be ….as not simple those trade negotiations as already needed 3 years for only  a witdraw agreement which is even not yet passed by the HOC.

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Did you aks the rest of the EU inhabitants about the British exit from the EU ? No ? Why to ask the English about a Scotish ( and / or Northern Irish / Welsh) exit out of the UK ?

It had nothing to do with the EU, I know they would liked to have total control over us, they were not happy with trading they wanted total control, we escaped a regime we should never have joined. Your last sentence makes no sense to me.

As a Scot I am somewhat amused by the waffling of the the English against us leaving. If we are the burden you think we are on Whitehall, then just let us go. We’ll be happy to have all the income from Scotch whiskey and not send any south. As usual instead of showing real arguments it is attack the messenger, especially if she’s a woman. As for the EU, some of the northern countries are pretty small and not as up to speed as Scotland. Just give me my Scottish/EU passport while the remaining Brits complain about crossing all the EU borders with their precious passports.

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

It had nothing to do with the EU, I know they would liked to have total control over us, they were not happy with trading they wanted total control, we escaped a regime we should never have joined. Your last sentence makes no sense to me.

So UK being part of EU only UK gets to decide it's destination, Scotland being part of UK the whole of the UK, looking at the number of votes read England, gets to decide.

Very hypocritical point of view.

14 minutes ago, Mansell said:

As a Scot I am somewhat amused by the waffling of the the English against us leaving. If we are the burden you think we are on Whitehall, then just let us go. We’ll be happy to have all the income from Scotch whiskey and not send any south. As usual instead of showing real arguments it is attack the messenger, especially if she’s a woman. As for the EU, some of the northern countries are pretty small and not as up to speed as Scotland. Just give me my Scottish/EU passport while the remaining Brits complain about crossing all the EU borders with their precious passports.

- What about currency? &

- How many of the people you're slagging off qualify for Irish, Scottish or other EU citizenship courtesy of their historic ancestory if they ever bothered to look into it? My guess is that they would collectively outnumber the Scots by some considerable margin.

Just now, puipuitom said:

Which 2 million votes ? Those, who did not care? Same as the many, who did not show up for the Brexit referendum ?

Are you on the Advocaat again Puipuitom, why do you talk in riddles, why do you ask "which 2 million votes" The 2 million that voted to remain in our Union which nearly doubles the Scots that voted for the SNP.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

So UK being part of EU only UK gets to decide it's destination, Scotland being part of UK England gets to decide.

its not England gets to decide

its UK (including SNP) gets to decide

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Are you on the Advocaat again Puipuitom, why do you talk in riddles, why do you ask "which 2 million votes" The 2 million that voted to remain in our Union which nearly doubles the Scots that voted for the SNP.

You don't think the UK leaving the EU has changed the proposition?

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

So UK being part of EU only UK gets to decide it's destination, Scotland being part of UK England gets to decide.

Are you seriously suggesting that the EU should have a say in the UK leaving them. Scotland is part of the UK which voted en block to leave. Help me out here Steven, are you getting confused again, trust me, it's not too difficult. If you wish to reply that is your decision but please don't expect a reply as I'm sick of your point scoring way of posting.

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So UK being part of EU only UK gets to decide it's destination, Scotland being part of UK the whole of the UK, looking at the number of votes read England, gets to decide.

As is popping into Burger King to rant about MacDonalds.

Archived