Video: Farang goes viral dancing to Thai music at a funeral

webfact

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What a total douchebag. Appearently he have no clue about that that he is dancing to music played at a burial ceremony, or he is just one of those despicable persons that just do not care about his behaviour.

When I see this bad behaviour and disrespect to Thai culture, tradition and people I truly feel ashamed being a person of the caucasian race.

Another one taught to be ashamed of himself  since  childhood. we don't hear others  races  saying they are ashamed of their own race. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

The posters on here who think that Thais do not dance and celebrate at funerals have obviously never been to a Thai funeral.

Been to 14 upcountry and ones in Bangkok, last one at wat Arun, never seen anyone dance at the actual funeral service.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alainpm said:

Another one taught to be ashamed of himself  since  childhood. we don't hear others  races  saying they are ashamed of their own race. 

Can you explain what you just tried to post in a way that is possible to understand, please?

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What a total douchebag. Appearently he have no clue about that that he is dancing to music played at a burial ceremony, or he is just one of those despicable persons that just do not care about his behaviour.

When I see this bad behaviour and disrespect to Thai culture, tradition and people I truly feel ashamed being a person of the caucasian race.

Dancing to Thai music is not disrespectful.  Its the opposite. Thais love it when you join in with their music. You are falling into the PC view of being offended on somebody else's behalf.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, lensta said:

Have to agree with you there, he is just a sanctimonious knob end.

The same sanctimonious posters often delight in the prosecution and punishment of people such as foreigners being imprisoned for minor infringements such as a few days overstay. Such sanctimony is shame linked too, ...early childhood issues.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

At the temple we not burial. We burn.

Ok, I know that after over 20 years in this beautiful country. I also took this video up with my wife since 8 years back, and she told me it was a disgrace too.

It´s very serious according to Thai tradition, due to that the temple is a holy place and should be a place without use of alcohol. However, I am very well aware of that people drink inside temple areas and during festivities like walks and dancing on the way to the temples. You are Thai, so you should know how this kind of behaviour looks.

In the news not so long time ago it was netizens up in arms about a yoga girl that took pictures of herself in front of the temple that was not good. there was also one that walked on the fence and taking pictures with a sensual meaning. That was also condemned.

Now we have a farang that is clearly overloaded with alcohol, that is making a fool out of himself. He dances in the temple area to totally wrong music. He should have been ding this in the home of the person that died and to the music that was played there. That is if the music was play for people to dance to it.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Not serious.

i want people dance at my funeral.

Dancing on a funeral is not a problem as long as the music allows it and that it´s made in the area of that home of grief. I would be happy to dance at your funeral, if that is your wish.

4 hours ago, moutamine said:

Let see here:

Thai culture= 7/Eleven, not taking responsability for anything, face is everything 

tradition= drunk driving, scamming tourists, destroying natural environment.

people= ladyboys, gogo dancers, rude taxi drivers, corrupted policemen

Just have one question for you to find out if you are a person that likes psychological pain or not.

If you live in or visit Thailand frquently, why do you do that with the clear attitude of hate?

Is it so bad that you could not get laid anywhere in the world, so you just had to go to Thailand for satisfy your hunger of one sided love?

(So moderators, please put me on a ban now but od not forgt to take this manchild with you that totally disgrace the possibilities for a Thai person to be good. I totally unbelivbelivable that you can accept posters like this one in the forum.)

Edited by Matzzon
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lubfishin said:

Get off your high horse. Mister self righteous who has never had a cultural misunderstanding.

A cultural misinderstanding is one thing. Making a total <deleted> out of yourself in public is totally different.

5 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Very few Thais would see this as being disrespectful, a little ting tong perhaps, nothing more. The posters I have seen on the various sites just see it as funny. 

Maybe when you have been in Thailand a while you will lighten up. If you have been in Thailand a while my advice is...lighten up. 

Rooster

23 years and counting, as they asked very content in Thailand.

I now the cultural code, and this man was breaking it. The End! Then you might be Rooster or who ever you like to present yourself as.

Edited by Matzzon

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hold on a minute. There are alot of valid reasons for loathing the white race. Many are very real and some of our historic atrocities are horrific. But this? He is just some guy feeling the music. I would not presume that the Thai people present found it disrespectful. Thais have a different concept of death than most of us. They probably found him amusing. Or thought he was a fool. Who knows?

How deeply have you studied the Thai culture and it's traditions? What kind of expertise comes along with these rather harsh presumptions?

Hey, nice to have a person that start to ask questions and behave in a civilized way. Thanks!

My first reaction is, if they found him to be a fool at a funeral, does that serves any purpose more than the assumption that he was behaving in a non-respectable way?

The other thing in your post is much more interesting, though. How much have I studied Thai culture? Oh, let us say for the last 20 years. I would bet that I have been collecting some expertise knowledge after that kind of rather extensive research, wouldn´t you say Mr. spider?

And by the way, my wife is Thai and she agrees with me.

Now it´s my turn. What do you base your hold on as long as a minute on? Do you know how much fun I could have been having during that time?

10 hours ago, johng said:

At many Thai funerals there will be loud music,alcohol and gambling..I'm pretty sure no one cared much or was offended by a dancing foreigner.

Yes, but not in the temple area. If the monks allow that, then they can close the tample.

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Hey, nice to have a person that start to ask questions and behave in a civilized way. Thanks!

My first reaction is, if they found him to be a fool at a funeral, does that serves any purpose more than the assumption that he was behaving in a non-respectable way?

The other thing in your post is much more interesting, though. How much have I studied Thai culture? Oh, let us say for the last 20 years. I would bet that I have been collecting some expertise knowledge after that kind of rather extensive research, wouldn´t you say Mr. spider?

And by the way, my wife is Thai and she agrees with me.

Now it´s my turn. What do you base your hold on as long as a minute on? Do you know how much fun I could have been having during that time?

My wife agrees with me hahahahaha ohhh so it must be undeniable then!!! 

43 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Dancing to Thai music is not disrespectful.  Its the opposite. Thais love it when you join in with their music. You are falling into the PC view of being offended on somebody else's behalf.

In the right place, yes. As I also explained in another post.

My English wife died in Pattaya two years ago and while we were waiting for the monks in the Wat to complete their funeral  chants before the coffin "disappeared", an elderly Thai woman came into the cremation hall and started to sell lottery tickets. How about that for making my wife's cremation memorable. The Thais who were present, of which there were more than a few, said nothing of  course!